• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
above average seems ok. luring and trapping people for over a century without getting caught does seem to warrant an above average intelligence at least

demons in general dont sleep, so she should definitely have it as well

isn't enhanced senses a shared ability amongst all demons?

daki's obi sash (which is a detachment of her own body) can sense the presence of pillars so she should have esp as well

I dont recall if she has any notable intelligence feats other than manipulating the movements of the slayers attached to her strings flawlessly (which Im unsure whether passes as an intelligence feat in the first place)
Okay, I'll add that as justification for the intelligence rating instead if that is alright.

Then we should add Self-Sustenance Type 3 to all of the demon profiles since it is currently not there on most of the demon profiles.

Actually not all demon profiles have Enhanced Senses which is why this is up to debate in the first place. If all demons have it via feats or statements, then that is what we should apply.

I think there were multiple instances of characters mentioning presence or aura, so that might need a revision of its own once this one is over.

That would be part of her abilities as a demon. The application of supernatural powers that one possesses shouldn't count as an intelligence feat unless it is used cleverly or requires high intelligence.

Last edited:
Things that still need to be taken of in this thread are:

• Daki should get the justification of luring and trapping people for over a century as justification for her Above Average intelligence.
  • We should add Self-Sustenance Type 3 to all of the demon profiles since demons don't sleep. Rui thinking that Nezuko is different after noticing her sleeping would probably support this as well though that scene doesn't give much details.
  • We should determine if there are feats or statements for demons in general having Enhanced Senses. If they do, all demon profiles should get the ability with the appropriate justification. If they don't, we should remove it from the demon profiles which have it with the justification of all demons supposedly having it.
  • I'd suggest for the Swamp Demon to scale to Tanjiro's 9-A rating since that is already done for his speed and he isn't really treated as much weaker than Tanjiro in terms of physical strength. It would also fit with the Tiers assigned to all of the other demons Tanjiro fought in his first key and would make sense with Tanjiro already having fought a 9-A opponent with the Hand Demon. There is also him fighting against Nezuko and while he seems to be a good deal weaker here he doesn't seem completely incapable of taking her attacks or damaging Nezuko which despite the durability inconsistencies common for demons is still significant due to not happening much sooner than the confrontation Nezuko had against Susamaru.
  • I'd like to add background details like the ones on Sanemi's profile to the profiles of the other Pillars which would include the sort of upbringing they had, what made them join the Demon Slayer Corps and details about how they eventually became Pillars.

Last edited:
Okay. All of your suggestions seem uncontroversial to apply to me, although you obviously shouldn't bloat the summary sections with text.

I have no useful input regarding Enhanced Senses.

• Daki should get the justification of luring and trapping people for over a century as justification for her Above Average intelligence.
  • We should add Self-Sustenance Type 3 to all of the demon profiles since demons don't sleep. Rui thinking that Nezuko is different after noticing her sleeping would probably support this as well though that scene doesn't give much details.
  • We should determine if there are feats or statements for demons in general having Enhanced Senses. If they do, all demon profiles should get the ability with the appropriate justification. If they don't, we should remove it from the demon profiles which have with the justification of all demons supposedly having it.
  • I'd suggest for the Swamp Demon to scale to Tanjiro's 9-A rating since that is already done for his speed and he isn't really treated as much weaker than Tanjiro in terms of physical strength. It would also fit with the Tiers assigned to all of the other demons Tanjiro fought in his first Tier and would make sense with Tanjiro already having fought a 9-A opponent with the Hand Demon. There is also him fighting against Nezuko and while he seems to be a good deal weaker here he doesn't seem completely incapable of taking her attacks or damaging Nezuko which despite the durability inconsistencies common for demons is still significant due to not happening much sooner than the confrontation Nezuko had against Susamaru.
  • I'd like to add background details like the ones on Sanemi's profile to the profiles of the other Pillars which would include the sort of upbringing they had, what made them join the Demon Slayer Corps and details about how they eventually became Pillars.
@DemonGodMitchAubin @DragonGamerZ913 @Armorchompy

What do you think?

Okay. All of your suggestions seem uncontroversial to apply to me, although you obviously shouldn't bloat the summary sections with text.

I have no useful input regarding Enhanced Senses.
It is too bloated? I guess you are referring to the fourth point which does have significantly more text than the others. That might have been better off as a separate section then.

Edit: Oh, you must mean the summary sections of the Pillar profiles. Yeah, I will take care not to fill them with too much text. I will use Sanemi's profile's summary to get an idea of the appropriate amount of text, so you don't need to get too worried about that.

Oh, you must mean the summary sections of the Pillar profiles. Yeah, I will take care not to fill them with too much text. I will use Sanemi's profile's summary to get an idea of the appropriate amount of text, so you don't need to get too worried about that.
That is correct, yes. No problem then.

Thank you.

Everything here seems to have been accepted then, but we still need to decide what to do regarding the enhanced senses.

I don't recall anything about them? But mind you it might just be cause it's been a while and I wasn't really looking for VSBW stuff when reading it so take this with a whole salt shaker.

• We should determine if there are feats or statements for demons in general having Enhanced Senses. If they do, all demon profiles should get the ability with the appropriate justification. If they don't, we should remove it from the demon profiles which have with the justification of all demons supposedly having it.
  • I'd suggest for the Swamp Demon to scale to Tanjiro's 9-A rating since that is already done for his speed and he isn't really treated as much weaker than Tanjiro in terms of physical strength. It would also fit with the Tiers assigned to all of the other demons Tanjiro fought in his first key and would make sense with Tanjiro already having fought a 9-A opponent with the Hand Demon. There is also him fighting against Nezuko and while he seems to be a good deal weaker here he doesn't seem completely incapable of taking her attacks or damaging Nezuko which despite the durability inconsistencies common for demons is still significant due to not happening much sooner than the confrontation Nezuko had against Susamaru.
This seems fine to me. As I don't know the series though, I can't comment on the Enhanced Senses bit.

I've applied all the changes except the matter with Enhanced Senses that still needs to be resolved. While doing the edits I've noticed that I forgot about Spider Demon Mother's Above Average rating for her intelligence that I'd like to change to just average due to a lack of evidence. It also occurred to me that Daki was active as an oiran and oirans are distinguished by their skills in the traditional arts with the education of an oiran being something that is in fact mentioned in the manga, so that might serve as another justification for Daki's intelligence rating.

Last edited:
Okay. That seems good to me.

Also, thank you for helping out, Crabwhale and DragonGamer.

Last edited:
Okay. That seems good to me.

Also, thank you for helping out Crabwhale and DragonGamer.
You're welcome? I don't recall helping Crabwhale and DragonGamerZ913 much but if making these edits counts, then I guess it's okay.

I meant that I thanked them for helping out, but my sentence structure may have turned messed up.

For enhanced senses, Tanjiro used a bag of prefume to hide the smell of poison from Gyutaro, meaning that he expects demons to be able to quickly tell the location of poison through smell alone:
0092-020.png

Demons are also able to distinguish Marechi blood from normal blood, and it appears that the smell of the Marechi kid's blood attracted two demons into Kyogai's house:
0024-007.png

Okay. That seems fine to apply then, preferably with linked examples added.

For enhanced senses, Tanjiro used a bag of prefume to hide the smell of poison from Gyutaro, meaning that he expects demons to be able to quickly tell the location of poison through smell alone:
0092-020.png

Demons are also able to distinguish Marechi blood from normal blood, and it appears that the smell of the Marechi kid's blood attracted two demons into Kyogai's house:
0024-007.png
Isn't that just Enhanced Smell though? I think we need examples for more than one sense in order to assume that the senses of demons in general are enhanced.

I meant that I thanked them for helping out, but my sentence structure may have turned messed up.
Oh, okay. Sorry for misunderstanding, I should have taken more time to think about it.

Last edited:
Demon eyesight is capable of seeing Yahaba's invisible arrows, so that is enhanced vision:
0016-019.png
I interpreted that as something specific for Yushiro since this is an instance of him using his Blood Demon Art and something like this is never being mentioned for any other demon.

The only thing the Blood Demon Art was used for is vision sharing and Yushiro saw the arrows before he brought up any Talisman, so Tanjiro just got Yushiro's passive eyesight which is able to see the arrows without any BDA.

Adding on to this, Slasher was able to pick up the scent of bento from a far distance and traced it back to the bento girl

Adding on to this, Slasher was able to pick up the scent of bento from a far distance and traced it back to the bento girl
Yeah, I do remember that as well. That makes Enhanced Smell more solid but for Enhanced Senses in general you need examples for senses other than smell that can be generalized for demons in general.

The only thing the Blood Demon Art was used for is vision sharing and Yushiro saw the arrows before he brought up any Talisman, so Tanjiro just got Yushiro's passive eyesight which is able to see the arrows without any BDA.
Was that particular aspect of Yushiro's sight ever elaborated or brought up again outside of this instance? It's also important to know if it was ever indicated to be something that isn't exclusive to Yushiro.

I agree on smell, not with sight tho, Yushiro's whole thing is seeing stuff, and IIRC Nezuko couldn't deal with those arrows any better than Tanjiro.

I agree on smell, not with sight tho, Yushiro's whole thing is seeing stuff, and IIRC Nezuko couldn't deal with those arrows any better than Tanjiro.
Yushiro's whole thing is to either make someone see something or hide something but I agree with the point made here. I didn't think about Nezuko here but that's definitely something to consider here as well.

Armorchompy makes sense to me (no pun intended). However, enhanced sense of smell is a form of enhanced senses. It has to be mentioned that this is the only area for which enhanced senses have been proven though.

Armorchompy makes sense to me (no pun intended). However, enhanced sense of smell is a form of enhanced senses. It has to be mentioned that this is the only area for which enhanced senses have been proven though.
If it's just Enhanced Smell, then that has to be mentioned accordingly on the profile instead of just saying Enhanced Senses and Daki's profile also mentions something about Enhanced Eyesight, so the distinction is quite relevant here.
Yeah, that'd probably be Sealing and maybe Thread Manipulation instead of Transmutation.
I've noticed just now that Daki has Dimensional Storage for trapping people in her obis and not Sealing, so that might need some discussion depending on what is more appropriate.

If it's just Enhanced Smell, then that has to be mentioned accordingly on the profile instead of just saying Enhanced Senses and Daki's profile also mentions something about Enhanced Eyesight, so the distinction is quite relevant here.
Yes, that is obviously fine. Just say "Superhuman sense of smell" and embed a link to the Enhanced Senses page, as is our usual practice.
I've noticed just now that Daki has Dimensional Storage for trapping people in her obis and not Sealing, so that might need some discussion depending on what is more appropriate.
Okay.

Maybe we could get some minor enhanced eyesight from the fact that demons always hunt during the night? It'd be pretty difficult for them if they could not see in the dark any better than us.

enhanced smell does make more sense since demons have improved predatory features for hunting humans
Maybe we could get some minor enhanced eyesight from the fact that demons always hunt during the night? It'd be pretty difficult for them if they could not see in the dark any better than us.
nice catch
I disagree with dimensional storage because her sashes dont create extra-dimensional spaces to store objects, she just turns them into 2-dimensions and then traps them inside. Sealing makes more sense
Armorchompy makes sense to me (no pun intended)
LOL

That is a good point but we should preferably have a feat or statement for that.

I disagree with dimensional storage because her sashes dont create extra-dimensional spaces to store objects, she just turns them into 2-dimensions and then traps them inside. Sealing makes more sense
Okay, in that case Sealing might actually be preferable though I'd like to hear more people say their opinion about this.

As highlighted in the newest episode, it is mentioned that demons can distinguish things humans can barely understand, such as blood type, sickness, and genes:
0074-012.png

I believe this is information analysis.

Also, Daki has a form of Restricted Flight (most likely through her sashes which can separately fly on their own):
0074-006.png
0074-007.png
0074-008.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back