• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Kid Icarus 6-C feat Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giver's calculation should probably be moved to a VSBW blog, but the math is good given Mitch accepted it.

Yes. What Mitch accepted can be used.

Thank you for helping out.

With the second link, you could probably get the size of the Earth there via curvature scaling and then pixel scale the size of the Aurum Brain based on the size of that part of the Earth.

What exactly is being calculated for the Aurum Brain though?

Okay, I'll see what I can do.

Edit: The Earth looks to be further in the background than the Aurum Brain in that shot so I'm not sure it can be done.

So should we apply the calculation that Mitch approved?

Here’s another thing maybe: There’s Arlon, whose existence maintains the Lunar Sanctum and it explodes upon his defeat to prove this. The Lunar Sanctum itself is so similar to the Moon that when viewed by Pit from a ways away, it looked like there were two moons.

I’m not sure how stabilization feats work or if this means anything, but I thought I’d point it out.

I’ll go through the requirements one by one:
1. The Lunar Sanctum, which is basically a moon, is being sustained.

2. I had to dive deep for this one. Apparently the Lunar Sanctum is something that was built, and Arlon was assigned to watch over it. The very few things I found about this suggest that it’s Arlon’s power itself that sustains the Lunar Sanctum, not some other factor.

3. I wasn’t sure what this meant, but going off of the example given, we see that the Lunar Sanctum is immediately destroyed once Arlon is defeated, which is why Pit needed to fly quickly to escape the explosion.

4. The Lunar Sanctum, as stated before, is sustained with Arlon’s own power, and he also uses this power against Pit, and given that he needed to defend the Lunar Sanctum, there’s no reason he wouldn’t go all-out. Basically, Arlon’s full power sustains the Lunar Sanctum and that same full power could trade blows with Pit.

Can somebody remind us what we need to do here please?

A list of the members who helped out here earlier would also be useful, so I can send them notifications.

For what we still need to do, there's these feats that still need calculations before we begin changing the 6-C/4-A ratings:
List of members from earlier:

For what we still need to do, there's these feats that still need calculations before we begin changing the 6-C/4-A ratings:
Thank you.

@SamanPatou @DarkDragonMedeus @DragonGamerZ913 @MrWarnerTheGreat @DemonGodMitchAubin @Milly_Rocking_Bandit @Chariot190 @Dragonmasterxyz @Armorchompy

What do you think about this?

Mitch calculated a feat for Pit at High 8-C+, I can try to calculate the second feat in that list (though it's hard and will likely be lowballed), and I think the 7-C feat looks good. Plus, there's the matter of if Arlon sustaining the Lunar Sanctum can be taken as a 5-C feat.

This was also done when Pyrrhon was no longer fused with the Aurum Brain, so it's right where his "At least 6-C, likely 4-A" key would be.

As such, these characters should go up to "At least High 6-B, likely 4-A"

I still disagree with possibly 4-A, Hades doesn't get power from the pocket dimension inside his belly, which isn't even totally connected to him.

And Pit doesn't tank its destruction, he gets blown away by a relatively small explosion and saved by Dark Pit. Do we at least know it was destroyed and Hades didn't just suffer from losing his heart? The dimension is still well intact when Pit escapes, anyway.

Hades shaking it is still weird, we see a small portion of it shaking and the fact that it is a partially connected pocket dimension doesn't necessarily mean it is a side effect of his power. Like, if it's compressed inside him even his movemenets might have part in shaking it but not because Hades is actively using raw power to move it, but it might be like a box being shaken.

But still the shaking is still vague, unexplained and don't properly shown. There's an abyss from what we see and saying that the entire dimension in its entirety was shaken.

Last edited:
I only mentioned that Dyntos has his own 4-A feats that can scale to him exclusively, but I kinda agree with Saman that Hades' is too vague.

I believe that other than Dyntos, everyone should just be High 6-B.

Dyntos can either be solid 4-A or "At least High 6-B, likely 4-A".

Thank you for the evaluations.

Would that solution be fine for the rest of you as well?

I explained it in my last post.

Basically Hades is currently 4-A because he has a pocket dimension inside his belly and there's a scene in which he supposedly shakes it, but for all the reasons I listed we don't know neither if he has shaken it in its entirety, nor if the tremors are caused by his raw power and not by a consequence of the dimension being like a box inside him.

Said dimension also doesn't give him power and it's not even totally connected to him, as stated by its idol description.

Also, the Great Sacred Treasure was one of Dyntos’ creations, so how does that factor in since Hades fought and damaged it?

What about his total control of the Underworld? Does that help with anything besides him being Omnipresent there?

It depends on what does it mean. How does he control the Underworld? Does he have total omnipotence, warping powers and so on on its very totality?

And does that scale to his raw and general power?

Like, even if he had the power to warp all of that dimension out of his sheer role as its ruler, we would still need evidence that this power scales to his physical blows, energy attacks and most of all that it remains the same outside of the underworld.

I couldn't find much about Hades' control over the Underworld, as I wanted to see if it extended to more than just being omnipresent, but I did find something interesting.

Here is Dyntos' idol description in Kid Icarus Uprising:
"The god and keeper of the forge. He is the creator of not only the Three Sacred Treasures but all sacred armaments. Cunning and highly creative, Dyntos is said to be one of the few real forces in the divine pantheon."

And here is Hades' idol description:
"The true master of the Underworld. He is immeasurably strong—even among the divine pantheon—but prefers to rule from the shadows, forcing Medusa to do his dirty work. Yet even with all this evil, Hades still manages to act nonchalant."

The bolded parts are what I feel is important here, as Dyntos is stated to be a real force in the pantheon while Hades is said to be immeasurably strong even among the pantheon. I want to hear other thoughts on this, but in my opinion, this makes it seem as though Hades would scale to Dyntos.

I don't think that's enough for scaling, even because we have Palutena stating that Dyntos is "powerful beyond imagination", and characters like Medusa, Palutena and Pit scale to Hades to some extent, and all of them would then scale back to Dyntos, especially if we take those info as Hades being comparable or even superior to Dyntos himself.

It's more likely that Dyntos is likely the strongest of them all, and Hades the second strongest, even though the gap is unknown and not enough for scaling, but we already knew Hades was a step above the other gods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back