• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Jamesthetaker

He/Him
Copy-paste from this blog.

El of the Water creates a vicious thunderstorm feat are calculated as 6-C (Island level), however, the calc used potential energy and kinetic energy, both of which are wrong. The potential energy method is invalid due to the current Storm Calculations being revamped a while ago. The kinetic energy method is only for moving the storms at certain speeds, which doesn't happen here. Not to mention that the link to the calc is outdated, making it difficult to determine whether the method used is still valid. Therefore, I'll recommend that we replace it with something more up-to-date.

Thankfully, the Storm Calculations page already gives several results for the creation of storms and such; all we need to do is find which is the appropriate one. Given that this thread involves calculating stuff, I feel like we should get some CGMs to come here as well.

8000m​

• weak instability = 5.42*10^15 J (Small City level)
  • moderate instability = 1.35*10^16 J (Small City level)
  • strong instability = 2.16*10^16 J (Small City level+)

11800m​

• weak instability = 6.53*10^15 J (Small City level)
  • moderate instability = 1.63*10^16 J (Small City level)
  • strong instability = 2.61*10^16 J (Small City level+)

Well, since this is taking too long, I'm going to just use the 8000 m of moderate instability as the average end for Agito Riders' AP.

Unless the CGMs have something else to say later, I'll just apply this now since it got enough votes from staff and members alike.

Back