• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
jiren solos the verse sadly
NXc4gJJ.png
Extended canon 682 says otherwise.

man resists everything under the sun. king of incon.

Like, even with the fact star plat oh decreases in power and speed as he gets further from Jotaro, he would still be inf speed, and therefore can land inf hits. They are both in the same tier, so I’m assuming star plat can harm Jiren. Infinite harming hits is a wincon for jot here.

Like, even with the fact star plat oh decreases in power and speed as he gets further from Jotaro, he would still be inf speed, and therefore can land inf hits. They are both in the same tier, so I’m assuming star plat can harm Jiren. Infinite harming hits is a wincon for jot here.
SPOH is not Low 2-C physically, is Low 2-C only in hax potency.

also why is time stop his 100% first move. I remember points in the game where he started out by just going up and punching characters

Irrelevant since he needs to physically move closer to Jiren to be able to damage him which gives Jiren time to act. Moving through time stop will also catch jotaro off guard and get him killed.
Pretty sure he doesn’t need to move in order to damage Jiren considering Star Platinum Over Heaven is on the same level, if not stronger than Post-Absorption The World Over Heaven who could overwrite people without even needing to touch them, and as I mentioned before, all of Jotaro’s hax are thought-based and has Multiversal+ range with them

also why is time stop his 100% first move.
This has never been his opening move. He only began to practice Time Stop in combat as he grew older and more vulnerable, as he was travelling around the world and being targeted by far more dangerous threats, which is best demonstrated in Diamond is Unbreakable, where The Worldtaro uses it in nearly every fight he is in to evade a strike or get a couple hundred punches in. However, with Prime Jotaro, his opening move is running up to his opponent and punching them, as that is what gets the job done; in every fight in both Stardust Crusaders and Eyes of Heaven, he has lead by, continued with, and finished his fights throwing punches and kicks at his foes. That is just how he rolls.
all of Jotaro’s hax are thought-based and has Multiversal+ range with them
But, he does not use them in-character. He has never used them in-character. Erasing Jiren from existence is not a wincon that Jotaro has unless he is bloodlusted, which would then result in the match being a stomp.

Jotaro opens with a barrage of punches. But, Jotaro is not strong enough to harm Jiren. Jiren then blinks him.

I'm going with Jiren, here.

Jotaro essentially has to go out of character to be able to win, while Jiren just has to fight like normal. I also don't believe that the equal speed is being treated correctly by some. Jotaro has only superhuman movement speed, meaning the distance he can cover moving from point A to B. However, his reactions are MTL+, likely Infinite with SP having overall at least MTL+, likely Infinite. Assuming where's saying that Jotaro has infinite reactions and SP is infinite overall, they would scaled to Jiren as one reacts faster than him and the other does everything faster than him.

Saying that Jiren is stuck only moving and fighting at Superhuman speeds while Jotaro has access to likely Infinite reactions and a stand that is likely Infinite speed sounds like a bad interpretation of speed equal, IMO.

I'm going with Jiren, here.

Jotaro essentially has to go out of character to be able to win, while Jiren just has to fight like normal. I also don't believe that the equal speed is being treated correctly by some. Jotaro has only superhuman movement speed, meaning the distance he can cover moving from point A to B. However, his reactions are MTL+, likely Infinite with SP having overall at least MTL+, likely Infinite. Assuming where's saying that Jotaro has infinite reactions and SP is infinite overall, they would scaled to Jiren as one reacts faster than him and the other does everything faster than him.

Saying that Jiren is stuck only moving and fighting at Superhuman speeds while Jotaro has access to likely Infinite reactions and a stand that is likely Infinite speed sounds like a bad interpretation of speed equal, IMO.
the thing is, stands equal speed rules work like this. say u are Mhs, and have a supersonic gun, and ur fighting a hypersonic dude. Under speed equal, both combata would be mhs, but the gun would still be Supersonic. It keeps its relative speed compared to the user. In this case, infinite speed spoh is just infinite speed spoh regardless of how jotaros speed is changed.

the thing is, stands equal speed rules work like this. say u are Mhs, and have a supersonic gun, and ur fighting a hypersonic dude. Under speed equal, both combata would be mhs, but the gun would still be Supersonic. It keeps its relative speed compared to the user. In this case, infinite speed spoh is just infinite speed spoh regardless of how jotaros speed is changed.
But the way it was described earlier was that Jiren would only become superhuman speeds while Jotaro retained infinite reactions. SPOH having infinite speed, due to counting as a weapon for all effective purposes, makes sense. But, Jotaro, the character, has reactions far in excess of Jiren's speed: Infinite vs. MFTL+. As such, speed equal should scale him down to Jiren's level. Because, even what does it matter if Jiren can move from point A to B faster if he appears to be a statue from Jotaro's prospective and perceptions? I hope, I'm making sense.

That's where I'm getting confused/disagreeing.

From what I understand, movement speed is equalized to the slower char. All other speeds are reduced by the same ratio. If Reaction speed is normally 2x faster, then with speed equal, reaction will be 2x more than the equalized speed. Jiren profile doesn’t make a distinction between his speeds, and therefore his reaction speed is 1:1 with his movement. Jotaros reaction speed is infinite, so the ratio is always gonna be infinite:1. therefore, Jotaro will have infinite reaction speeds under speed equal. It’s dumb, but that’s how it works.
But the way it was described earlier was that Jiren would only become superhuman speeds while Jotaro retained infinite reactions. SPOH having infinite speed, due to counting as a weapon for all effective purposes, makes sense. But, Jotaro, the character, has reactions far in excess of Jiren's speed: Infinite vs. MFTL+. As such, speed equal should scale him down to Jiren's level. Because, even what does it matter if Jiren can move from point A to B faster if he appears to be a statue from Jotaro's prospective and perceptions? I hope, I'm making sense.

That's where I'm getting confused/disagreeing.

something Stands speed will not be equalized because they are independent being or summoned being and not ability and proceeds to do funny ora ora.

jotaro doesn't have thought-based RO in this key?

Jiren literally can just glare, or create a massive shockwave, he's resisted time manipulation, and numerous over hax, his durability is absolutely off the charts, his AP absolutely insane, Scaling far beyond any other dragonball Villian yet, even minus all of that, he has his aura, which would make getting close enough to deal damage difficult, especially with his non physical interaction, Jotaro's main hope, is his stands reality warping, though Im voting Jiren due to his insane level of tankiness and damage output, as well as being able to literally destroy the entire planet just by opening his eyes

Jiren literally can just glare, or create a massive shockwave, he's resisted time manipulation, and numerous over hax, his durability is absolutely off the charts, his AP absolutely insane, Scaling far beyond any other dragonball Villian yet, even minus all of that, he has his aura, which would make getting close enough to deal damage difficult, especially with his non physical interaction, Jotaro's main hope, is his stands reality warping, though Im voting Jiren due to his insane level of tankiness and damage output, as well as being able to literally destroy the entire planet just by opening his eyes
I mean, star plats infinite speed should be more effective then reality warp imo. And more common

Layers for the Non physical interaction for Jiren is...?
Because souls, aka ghosts, cant see or interact with stands, whereas they can interact with ghosts, as in, choke them for example, whilst the ghosts cant like punch or shit, as it'd only phase through, aka selective intangibility. (Doesnt mean that the ghosts could see stands though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back