• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jotaro literally starts with TS in character lol.
Yes, to punch and dodge... When he has something to dodge in the latter. He doesn't literally just spam time stop after time stop with no cooldown. He could if he wanted, but doesn't. He doesn't have any indication he needs to use it after the first one, since Jiren is only seeing him. And even if he somehow gets the idea, Jiren now suspects he has some power that makes him reappear in front of him and make him receive billions of attacks that do nothing. Now Jiren suspects shenanigans and possibly make his Kiai home in.

Jotaro might suddenly suspect something is up with Jiren just looking, time stop and retreat... Then what, lol?

Like, we aren't just comparing powers and stats, dude. Mentality, knowledge, tactic. All of them are important. Jotaro's cripples him greatly, while Jiren has the tools and experience to figure something out.

Jiren can walk through jotaro's time stop, but jotaro just blitzes.
Wait a second, the distance is 10 m, SP's range is 5m, hotaro needs to physically move to get closer and his movement speed is finite. Jiren kiais.
I'm gonna vote jiren.

Yes, to punch and dodge... When he has something to dodge in the latter. He doesn't literally just spam time stop after time stop with no cooldown. He could if he wanted, but doesn't. He doesn't have any indication he needs to use it after the first one, since Jiren is only seeing him. And even if he somehow gets the idea, Jiren now suspects he has some power that makes him reappear in front of him and make him receive billions of attacks that do nothing. Now Jiren suspects shenanigans and possibly make his Kiai home in.

Jotaro might suddenly suspect something is up with Jiren just looking, time stop and retreat... Then what, lol?

Like, we aren't just comparing powers and stats, dude. Mentality, knowledge, tactic. All of them are important. Jotaro's cripples him greatly, while Jiren has the tools and experience to figure something out.
I never said he spams TS, I said he leads with that. And if you think that Jotaro still keeps punching after he notices that Jiren isn't affected from those, he'd naturally use the hax...
Jiren can walk through jotaro's time stop, but jotaro just blitzes.
Wait a second, the distance is 10 m, SP's range is 5m, hotaro needs to physically move to get closer and his movement speed is finite. Jiren kiais.
I'm gonna vote jiren.
Jotaro has still Infinite reactions himself.

I never said he spams TS, I said he leads with that. And if you think that Jotaro still keeps punching after he notices that Jiren isn't affected from those, he'd naturally use the hax...

Can't detect kiai. For both statements. You're still not understanding that.

Anyway, Jiren for my reasons and Fluffy.

Debatable, since Jotaro's TS stops infinite speed scaling to DIO stopping GER. On top of its two layers.
Jiren has 3 layers resistance, stopping an infinite speed doesn't give a resistance layer I don't think.

Irrelevant since he needs to physically move closer to Jiren to be able to damage him which gives Jiren time to act. Moving through time stop will also catch jotaro off guard and get him killed.

sorry but what's stopping this from being inconclusive
either infinite speed star platinum gets sent over to one shot jiren or jiren stares at him really hard and wins

Jiren has 3 layers resistance, stopping an infinite speed doesn't give a resistance layer I don't think.
You're wrong, as Infinite speed isn't restricted from time stop from default, not needing layers. Plus, there's a reason if why it doesn't get equalized.
Irrelevant since he needs to physically move closer to Jiren to be able to damage him which gives Jiren time to act. Moving through time stop will also catch jotaro off guard and get him killed.
Jotaro still thinks first than Jiren does lol.
I mean, you had stated that it was a stomp, so it made no sense to post your "vote" being that you agreed that this should be closed.
If people insist it's not, then I'll make this continue.

sorry but what's stopping this from being inconclusive
either infinite speed star platinum gets sent over to one shot jiren or jiren stares at him really hard and wins
Because Jotaro has infinite processing speed, which allows him to Time Stop first than Jiren glares.

Don't know if something changed for that, but it used to give one, yeah.
Well assuming that's true dio has 2 stage time stop with a 3rd stage of stopping an infinite speed. Jiren resist 3 layer time stop already so he still resists.
You're wrong, as Infinite speed isn't restricted from time stop from default, not needing layers. Plus, there's a reason if why it doesn't get equalized.

Jotaro still thinks first than Jiren does lol.

If people insist it's not, then I'll make this continue.
What could Jotaro do with a thought that defeats jiren? Jotaro still needs to move 5 meters to reach jiren to do anything which takes finite time giving jiren plenty of time to think.

Well assuming that's true dio has 2 stage time stop with a 3rd stage of stopping an infinite speed. Jiren resist 3 layer time stop already so he still resists.
  • Abilities based on speed are assumed to be retained. Characters that can run over water via speed can, for example, still do so even if now technically too slow for that. Likewise, a character who can create a tornado by running fast in a circle can still create one by this manner, even though they are now running slower.
    • As a result, Immeasurable characters that get speed equalized retain their ability to travel through time, even if it now isn't via speed anymore.
Whatever ability from speed still is a thing, and this includes the resistance for time based powers. Meaning if Immeasurable speed isn't bound from layers, Infinite shouldn't either, kek.
What could Jotaro do with a thought that defeats jiren? Jotaro still needs to move 5 meters to reach jiren to do anything which takes finite time giving jiren plenty of time to think.
Time Stop + RO, and RO has literally 2-A range.

• Abilities based on speed are assumed to be retained. Characters that can run over water via speed can, for example, still do so even if now technically too slow for that. Likewise, a character who can create a tornado by running fast in a circle can still create one by this manner, even though they are now running slower.
    • As a result, Immeasurable characters that get speed equalized retain their ability to travel through time, even if it now isn't via speed anymore.
Whatever ability from speed still is a thing, and this includes the resistance for time based powers. Meaning if Immeasurable speed isn't bound from layers, Infinite shouldn't either, kek.

Time Stop + RO, and RO has literally 2-A range.
What is that supposed to prove? Even if infinite speeds counts as a resistance layer and moves in time stop, it doesn't give jotaro the potency to freeze jiren.
What's a RO? Is it edible? Jiren is probably too strong for it anyway.

Neither of those are in-character for him to lead with at this point. Unlike Part 4 Jotaro, who uses Time Stop to supplement him in combat, this Jotaro has only ever used Time Stop to enable himself to escape from life-threatening attacks. And, Reality Overwrite is even more out-of-character for him to use, especially in an offensive context. The only times he ever used it were to heal himself and reverse DIO's reality fuckery, and then resurrect all of his friends.

Jotaro is not equipped mentally to take on Jiren, who'll just bulldoze through him and everything that he has to offer in-character, especially considering the unquantifiable gap between him and the wee tyke (thanks, Champa-poo~).

Or, am I missing something? It's been about a minute since I last played Eyes of Heaven.

Neither of those are in-character for him to lead with at this point. Unlike Part 4 Jotaro, who uses Time Stop to supplement him in combat, this Jotaro has only ever used Time Stop to enable himself to escape from life-threatening attacks.
This is not correct. Jotaro has even dodged normal punches from Josuke by abusing time stop in the game.

Jiren should be complex multiversal, boundless if we're being reasonable but this wiki ain't ready for it yet. He should also transcend time and hax stomp AP stomp blitz all of jojo but I'm forced to argue with the profiles here.
In that case when can i make Scarlet king vs Jiren
220px-Trollface_non-free.png

oh wait scarlet is low complex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back