• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Is the world of void really infinite in size?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ive just been linked to an old reddit post here and been told that the world of void being infinite in size actually being a mistranslation, and only translates to "eternal" which is not a measurement of size but only time.

Im unsure whether its true or not so maybe a knowledgeable/multilingual member could help with this if necessary.

If this is true then i believe this should affect at least gokus range since its currently listed as high universal with ki attacks (and probably stop high 3-A from being a thing if tier 2 ends up getting removed for whatever reason).

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Pretty sure that was brought up a lot before. But it was just...ignored because Low 2-C.
Oh. Well Low 2-C is wanked it should still downgrade the range at least and have any future mentions of the world of void being infinite removed just in case and to not mislead anyone.

According to this thread, the proper translation is "A world without time and space, filled with only eternity and emptiness".

I am not sure what they meant by that. Going by the parallelism, it's possible Beerus just wanted to elaborate on its lack of space and time (nothing = space, eternity = time)

We've pretty much discussed this countless times and we're all aware of it right now, but they're Low 2-C via being above Infinite Zamasu. I thought it was already clarified that "Shaking the World of Void" was to be scrapped as a "High 3-A feat" in general.

@Dark I thought they are also low 2-C for beerus and champas near 2-C feat. Unless that was changed.

This translation sounds like a solid timeless void feat Anyway, in this case, we should still remove infinite range and the justifications on profiles saying they shook or did whatever to an infinitely large realm. We cant just dish out feats to people that are wrong and mistranslated, even if it is not the main justification.

Well, this seems to affect the gods of destruction, goku, vegeta, grand priest and jiren. Is anybody willing to take care of them?

100% true, the World of Void ISN'T infinite, the only source to it being infinite is a mistranslation. Yes, every single character with High Universal range should be downgraded to just Universal.

Could someone actually provide the evidence it isn't Infinite and it's eternity? IIRC every other translation- English, Spanish, French, whatever, says Infinite.

Also didn't I make a thread that would upgrade Beerus-Level people to at least Universal+ range or Low Multiversal?

It doesnt matter. If neither the original dub nor official statements confirmed it is infinite, then it is not cannon.

Until that gets accepted, high universal and mentions of the feat still need to go.

Akreious said:
Could someone actually provide the evidence it isn't Infinite and it's eternity? IIRC every other translation- English, Spanish, French, whatever, says Infinite.
Whatever those translations say doesn't matter since it's wrong. Japanese is all that matters, and doesn't say it's infinite.

No, Toppo scales to below regular GoDs, so he remains Low 2-C. Also, if he scaled to this fake High 3-A feat, he would be 3-A instead.

The High 3-A feat is not usable, they will remain Low 2-C. And there is a discussion regarding the current 2-C ratings as well as Beerus' feat being treated as half a 2-C feat. But that stuff is going to be reserved for a staff thread; Infinite Zamasu is definitely Low 2-C however. Tbh, Dragon Ball threads are way too overdone.

Eh, there is the translation from the original japanese translated to english:

´╝êÕñºþÑ×Õ«ÿ)ÚûïÕé¼ÒüÖÒéïÕá┤µëÇÒü» þäíÒü«þòîÒÇé
> Great Priest: The place where it held, is the Realm of Void.

´╝êµéƒþ®║) þäíÒü«þòî´╝ƒ
> Goku: Realm of Void?

´╝êÒâôÒâ½Òé╣)µÖéÚûôÒééþ®║ÚûôÒééÒü¬Òüä µ░©ÚüáÒü¿ÞÖÜþäíÒüáÒüæÒü½µ║ÇÒüíÒüƒõ©ûþòîÒüáÒÇé
> Beerus: A world without time and space, filled with only eternity and emptiness.

If you guys want to check if this is really said, the video is here (not the perfect trad, just to check what beerus say in japanese, he don't say mugen but Eien no.

Thanks for that, Dodon. Even more prove the World of Void ISN'T infinite and thus there is no such thing as High Universal range here.

Yes. So can an admin please remove the mentions of shaking the "infinite void" and downgrade any high universal range?

The profiles are the gods of destruction including toppo, goku, vegeta, grand priest and jiren.

Akreious said:
Grammatically, filled with eternity makes absolutely 0 sense but whatever.
The grammar of one language doesn't always relate to others. For example, in Spanish, when you say "I'm 14 years old" you say "Tengo 14 a├▒os" which translates to English as "Have 14 years old". Grammatically, it makes no sense, but that's how it is.

Read this post said:
Well, this seems to affect the gods of destruction, goku, vegeta, grand priest and jiren. Is anybody willing to take care of them or unlock them... like an admin maybe? Cuz uknow... theyre following rn and can unlock them? Pls? 0m0
Bumfp o-o

I still prefer the official subs over a random dude on reddit...unless the random dude is Herms.

>Official subs

>The same ones that have been shown to be a mistranslation

Yeah, now let's use Funimation's dub too, shall we?

The "correct fan translation" doesn't make sense. How can it be filled with eternity? That's a unit of time.

Someone already gave an example of that above that how a language directly correlates in perception of another doesn't always work.

An example of Spanish with "Yo tengo quince a├▒os" was a pretty good one. In Spanish, this is seen as the correct version of expressing age. However, the literal English translation would be "I have 15 years". That doesn't make sense, right? Naturally you'd want to say, you are 15 years old. If we did it the English way naturally, it'd be "Yo soy quince a├▒os". That'd be seen as grammatically improper in Spanish though. Elaborated on here that you use the word "tener" over "ser" for example.

This really doesn't help that the Japanese is an Eastern language as well, meaning it's more likely to be derivative of rougher translations than even Spanish to English, despite those being closer to each other than English is to Japanese. I don't think you should trust the original translation so blindly either. A lot of production places will often change around wording they consider irrelevant at a whim or even rewrite it to where it's nothing like the original to begin with. Culex is a prime example of that in of itself. I think I remember there being a similar case where Boros had his power translated to destroying a star when the original Kanji just said planet as well, something that this site accepted was wrong with the Blu-Ray guide mind you.

Apologies for the mini bible, but I find it important that there isn't a potential ignorance on the variety of language, that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back