• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark only succumbs to the pain and loses consciousness after Conquest is dead. Before that he powers through the pain until the job is done.
Which is like 1 page. Wasn't like he fought for an hour straight like that.
Before Mark has to resort to Space BFR, how will Steven even stop himself from getting brutalized in a head-to-head fight? Mark scales to someone that can do this to Low 5-Bs.
To be honest, my guess was just shield spam. He seems to like doing that. Granted I didn't think Steven would be winning any close quarters combat. Especially since he's not even blood-lusted where he'd be willing to use fatal moves right off the bat.
Steven’s fighting someone he’ll think is human here. He was willing to stab Bismuth because that didn’t enough to kill a Gem.

And as you said, him killing Jasper was accidental.
Accidental because he was bloodlusted. Not way would he think stabbing someone with a shit ton of spikes wouldn't poof them. Though that won't matter here since he's not in the same mind-set as he was there.

To be honest, my guess was just shield spam. He seems to like doing that. Granted I didn't think Steven would be winning any close quarters combat. Especially since he's not even blood-lusted where he'd be willing to use fatal moves right off the bat.
5-C shield spam against Mister “I can tear through folks with Low 5-B durability without trying too hard?”

Shield spam would be like

Steven erects barrier —> Mark smashes through and they throw hands —> Steven makes another —> Mark smashes through that and they throw hands again —> Repeat

Steven putting himself in a scenario where he’ll be taking hits wouldn’t be good for him.

The thing is though he can make walls of them that are tens of meters and enclose Mark like he did Jasper. Even if the LS and AP are different enough for Mark to break out quickly, that’s a good opportunity for Steven to land a hit or stab. Once he realizes Mark can shake off shields, I don’t see why he wouldn’t switch to his more damaging options

Switching my vote to Invincible after seeing all the arguments. It sounds more plausible for Mark to mow through any shield constructs like literal grass or paper. Unstoppable force vs movable object, basically.

Tbh Mark kinda one shots. Yeah the calcs themselves aren't far apart, but that scaling enables him to literally gore dudes at said calc value, aka he can ohko dudes like 50% stronger than Steve casually and in one hit.

Which is to say Mark FRA, bro just kinda punches through the shield, fist keeps going, and goes "**** i thought you were stronger".

Does Steven use his speed amp in combat? Even if he does I doubt he’s starting with it, and from the looks of it Mark should be capable enough to end things pretty quickly

Invincible FRA for rn

If he led with the amp sure, might be way weaker but he can at least do minor damage and ding minor damage while the foe is frozen basically, well death from a thousand cuts and all that but then match couldnt be added because yu cant blitz dudes above your amp normally
But someone earlier mentioned he can't even use that at a whim and it's more subconscious-based, so he's definitely not leading with it. Which imo just means Mark punches him and lays him out in like one hit.

During & after training with Jasper for 3 days, he's seen using his speed amp at will.

I ain't the person who said he couldn't, take it up with idk I forget 😶
Either way Mark just punches him once and he goes down.

Since when? We do it all the time.

Scaling Chains aren't quantifiable when it's just beating up dudes or going "Well Dude A is 1 Ton, and Dude B is 5 tons, but Dude A beats the shit out of 1 Ton dudes so he should be stronger than he 5 Ton dude tbh".

In this case, Mark can gore dudes who scale to a value above Steven. Including goring himself at said level.
It is not the same, what value he would be for doing that is unknown, yes, but the fact he can kill dudes at 567exa casually is something that very much is allowed.

I see it constantly all the time ngl, though only when the one-shotting is done on dudes with a calc value above the foe to begin with.
And why pretend anyway? Mark can one-shot dudes that scale to 500, while Steven is 300. This is based on not only a calc, but straight forward feats.

IIRC only Kaiju Steven upscales from his value (and not by a one shot like Mark)

Steven also upscales from his value tho (At least his peak does), so don't know about that
Yeah see, THAT'S what we don't, as said
Scaling Chains aren't quantifiable when it's just beating up dudes or going "Well Dude A is 1 Ton, and Dude B is 5 tons, but Dude A beats the shit out of 1 Ton dudes so he should be stronger than he 5 Ton dude tbh".
though only when the one-shotting is done on dudes with a calc value above the foe to begin with.

Steven can upscale his value, but to say it'd make him equal to Mark's calc, which is already above him is generous as is, and Mark is still mutilating dudes who scale to said value, I simply fear Mark lays him out.

I still don’t see how this could be added. Either Steven Speed Amps and wins or Mark barrels through his shields and he wins, both have win cons that are just as likely to happen. (Though I still lean Steven using the speed amp first cause he’s way more aggressive in his Pink State) Seems like it would be inconclusive.

Show him using an amp as a lead. Because it's that Vs. Mark throws a punch, likely once.
also youre not allowed to amp to blitz the normally faster character, if they're above your amp normally in speed equal, so this wouldnt be added if that's an actual argument

Going by Pink Steven’s few fights, I don’t think there’s any proof his time-slowing speed amp is an opening move.

Would Mark even go for the kill against Steven tho?
rVk6cNf.png

😔
he can just knock him out though.

Going by Pink Steven’s few fights, I don’t think there’s any proof his time-slowing speed amp is an opening move.
Tbf only the first clip there is from when he can control his speed amp, and it's also the one where he's confirmed that he was holding back so as to not murder Jasper (which he does immediately when he lets loose).

These are both characters who probably don't want to kill each other, but Steven has the range to see what Mark can throw out first, healing strong enough that he can take damage from the stronger Mark (that doesn't rip him in half or KO by making his brain touch his skull), and a very easy-to-use speed amp option.

Tbf only the first clip there is from when he can control his speed amp, and it's also the one where he's confirmed that he was holding back so as to not murder Jasper (which he does immediately when he lets loose).
When Steven becomes bloodlusted mid-fight doesn’t start with the speed amp, which is kinda telling.
These are both characters who probably don't want to kill each other, but Steven has the range to see what Mark can throw out first, healing strong enough that he can take damage from the stronger Mark (that doesn't rip him in half or KO by making his brain touch his skull), and a very easy-to-use speed amp option.
Honestly from what we’ve seen from Pink Steven it’s more likely he’ll start with fisticuffs rather than his ranged options, which won’t end well for him.

Last edited:
That is like, something he can legitimately do. And Steven ain't immune to being knocked out cold so I doubt he'd even need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back