• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Mark’s gonna be able to get through all Steven can do in a timely enough manner to not be beaten. Steven can do a lot with his shields like make makeshift boxing gloves, trap, stab, and just barrage. He’s too versatile and everlasting for Invincible’s powerset

And Steven can keep making them again, and again, Steven's speed amp would make Mark almost frozen in time

Steven’s just gonna get beat unconscious eventually if he keeps spamming the breakable shields.

Refer to my previous comment for the speed amp thing, that clip kinda proves my point. Speed amps are involuntary and come in response to emotional episodes.

Basically Mark has to close the distance to even do any damage to Steven, all the while he’s gonna be getting hit with a barrage of Sonic Screams, shields, spikes, and getting more and more injured before he can do much of anything to Steven. Meanwhile Steven can easily heal from any damage Mark does to him and just trap him with his bubbles and spikes.

End of Series Mark scales to Thragg, who can rip people with Low 5-B durability apart.

Mark isn’t getting trapped by 5-C shields and bubbles.

If some would argue this boils down to "Does Steven last long enough to tire Mark out, or does Mark land the right hits first?" doesn't Steven kind of stomp as far as stamina goes?
Stamina: Superhuman (He can keep fighting even when he has broken bones and hold his breath for two weeks, staying awake and active)
Stamina: Unknown | Superhuman | Superhuman | Limitless (Is the pure gem of Pink Diamond. Gems do not need any type of sustenance, rest, or oxygen to survive and keep living) | Superhuman (In a severely weakened state with his gemstone "rejuvenated," he spent hours traveling around Beach City, forcing himself to manifest a few of his powers, and then performed a Class M lifting feat and sustained acid-burns while his healing-factor wasn't working. He then drained nearly the last of his gemstone's power by fusing with his father and using a variety of abilities while fused. After that, he climbed hundreds of meters up a sheer surface and took a brutal beating from Spinel, remaining conscious despite his healing-factor being inoperative. He then returned to full strength/health and defeated Spinel upon his gemstone's powers returning). Higher with Pink State (Brutally trained to control Pink State with Jasper for 72 hours nonstop except when sleeping or eating, maintained Pink State for much of the time and took many beatings from Jasper, somehow gained strength during the process instead of tiring, and finally battled and casually stomped Jasper using Pink State while still not tiring. Has never shown signs of fatigue after exiting Pink State no matter how much power/speed he used or for how long--including maintaining the state for hours at a time while repeatedly using several of its abilities--with the exception of briefly falling unconscious but quickly recovering after reverting from his Monster Form, which was likely due to psychological shock rather than physical exhaustion as he showed no signs of tiring during his monstrous rampage in which he stomped Alexandrite, Lapis, a partially-formed Cluster, and all three Diamonds)
Overall, I don't really see how Steven loses. Sure, Mark could brave through getting impaled the first few times, but attrition is a game Steven's more than capable of playing. Implicitly infinite stamina, constant healing, better self-sustenance and true flight...

how does any of that stop Mark from just flying at him with his AP advantage and beating the hell out of him, most of the stuff Steven does Atom Eve does already.

Mark is breaking through every attack Steven makes, the AP gap is way too much in his favor

If some would argue this boils down to "Does Steven last long enough to tire Mark out, or does Mark land the right hits first?" doesn't Steven kind of stomp as far as stamina goes?

Overall, I don't really see how Steven loses. Sure, Mark could brave through getting impaled the first few times, but attrition is a game Steven's more than capable of playing. Implicitly infinite stamina, constant healing, better self-sustenance and true flight...
The best feat listed there for Pink State Steven is training for 72 hours. Mark being able to remain active for two weeks surpasses that.

Steven’s just gonna get beat unconscious eventually if he keeps spamming the breakable shields.

Refer to my previous comment for the speed amp thing, that clip kinda proves my point. Speed amps are involuntary and come in response to emotional episodes.
The speed amp is one of the things he can turn on and off at will, he used it pretty consistently in the later half of Future

I mean if the argument is either “Steven Stomps by speed amping” or “Mark just breaks through all his shields” I don’t see how this could be added either way.

I mean if the argument is either “Steven Stomps by speed amping” or “Mark just breaks through all his shields” I don’t see how this could be added either way.
i mean with the latter Steven could just hurt Mark and play the range game so its still fair (just decisive imo), Steven winning via amps would mean the mu can't be added due to the slower character blitzing

i mean with the latter Steven could just hurt Mark and play the range game so its still fair (just decisive imo), Steven winning via amps would mean the mu can't be added due to the slower character blitzing
Yeah but Steven’s ranged attacks are his shields which according to Maverick Invincible can break through them like Paper Mache lol. At that point Mark is just fist fighting someone with lower AP than himself.

I don’t think Mark has the LS to reliably force Steven since both are at least Class G and Steven likely wouldn’t let him just do that. Steven also has the argument of his experience letting him find a way to beat him. Also couldn’t Pink Steven just make huge walls of shields around Mark like he did against Jasper to get some good hits?
Mark is Class T.
FYI I posted 3 calcs that’d massively upgrade Mark’s LS a week or so ago and none have been checked yet. I’ve been abiding by the rule of bumping only once a fortnight, but have been asking calc evaluators to check it under their pages. It’d definitely contribute to this part of the battle

Last edited:
That applies to Godzilla Steven.
Shouldn't they have separate listings then? The profile states:
At least Class G in Pink State and Monster Form (The full potential of these forms is far stronger than the other Diamonds including White. Lapis Lazuli's water restraints were not able to hold him down)
No Class Z rating, and no "Higher in Monster Form" stuff in the profile.

That said, what's the AP difference?

Steven scales to the Diamonds (303 Exatons of TNT)

EoS Mark = Thragg >>> Viltrumite War Mark/Thaedus/Omni-Man, who scale to 567 Exatons via performing a Low 5-B with their combined strength.

Thragg’s feats:
So they’re not too far apart numerically but Mark is stornger via scaling.

But Steven has a mega speed amp in his corner.
Then I think Steven impaling Mark with spikes is valid. We treat piercing attacks on the wiki as somewhat circumventing durability. If Mark tried flying him to space, Steven could just have a spike protrude through Marks stomach.

Honestly even without BFR Mark’s probably strong enough to grievously harm Steven relatively easily going by that Thragg scaling.

Fair. But impalement wouldn’t stop Mark.

Also, I’m not sure if it’s in-character for Steven to… gore someone.
The scene you sent showed Mark getting impaled, and then on the floor begging for help with his intestines hanging out... That would very much stop Mark. Not right away, but it clearly affects him. Not to mention Steven can spawn more than one spike at a time.

Yeah, not in-character for Steven to gore. But it's literally his life on the line. He'd die in space in seconds (Which is weird because I thought I recalled him breathing in the vacuum of space, but maybe I'm misremembering). If you think he wouldn't do such a thing even when his life is on the line, I recommend bloodlusting Steven.

Steven should be more than willing to defend himself by any means necessary. Afterall Pink Steven is less held back to the point of accidentally killing Jasper. Even in one of the earlier seasons he stabbed and poofed Bismuth in self defense.

And yeah shield spam is kinda his thing, I feel even with the AP difference, that plus Steven’s experience and possible Class Z LS (that’s still confusing) gives him a good path to victory here.

The scene you sent showed Mark getting impaled, and then on the floor begging for help with his intestines hanging out... That would very much stop Mark. Not right away, but it clearly affects him. Not to mention Steven can spawn more than one spike at a time.
Mark only succumbs to the pain and loses consciousness after Conquest is dead. Before that he powers through the pain until the job is done.
Yeah, not in-character for Steven to gore. But it's literally his life on the line. He'd die in space in seconds (Which is weird because I thought I recalled him breathing in the vacuum of space, but maybe I'm misremembering). If you think he wouldn't do such a thing even when his life is on the line, I recommend bloodlusting Steven.
Before Mark has to resort to Space BFR, how will Steven even stop himself from getting brutalized in a head-to-head fight? Mark scales to someone that can do this to Low 5-Bs.

Steven should be more than willing to defend himself by any means necessary. Afterall Pink Steven is less held back to the point of accidentally killing Jasper. Even in one of the earlier seasons he stabbed and poofed Bismuth in self defense.
Steven’s fighting someone he’ll think is human here. He was willing to stab Bismuth because he knows that isn’t enough to kill a Gem.

And as you said, him killing Jasper was accidental.
And yeah shield spam is kinda his thing, I feel even with the AP difference, that plus Steven’s experience and possible Class Z LS (that’s still confusing) gives him a good path to victory here.
Steven doesn’t have Class Z LS until someone makes a CRT, and even then it only applies to Monster Steven.

Also, Mark has thousands of years more experience.

Last edited:
Steven’s fighting someone he’ll think is human here. He was willing to stab Bismuth because that didn’t enough to kill a Gem.

And as you said, him killing Jasper was accidental.

I don’t think that’ll really matter once Mark starts trying to brutalize or force Steven into space. Self defense is still full force for Steven. And by that logic we have to assume Mark is fully willing to beat/kill a teenager for an unspecified reason

Also, Mark has thousands of years more experience.

True but Steven has faced off with people like Jasper who are also thousands of years old. Jasper herself was formed for combat almost like a Viltrumite. His combat instinct and less simplistic kit are very good things to piggy back off of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back