• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverick_Zero_X

She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Steven Universe vs. Invincible

5-C Pink State is used, speed equalized
IMG_2146.jpg

Invincible: 16 (Deidalius, CBslayeR, StrymULTRA, JoshDoshMosh, LIFE_OF_KING, Doggo, Unknownnah, KingNanaya, ProfectusInfinity, Harith0cell, Cropfist, NotoriouSoda, ssgengar, Chariot190, AThe1412, ReturnofKhadz)

Steven: 4 (CinnabarManx421, MintyBoi1, Adem_Warlock69, Zabazab)

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Don't Steven have more powers then just being a flying brick like Mark?
Steven does have a more versatile powerset, but many his powers are combat incapplicable. Stuff like Possession & Dream Manipulation requires Steven to fall asleep, he only uses Sealing & BFR on “poofed” Gems, and Healing spit, Empathic Telepathy, Fusionism, Shapeshifting, Self-Age Manipulation and Life Manipulation are useless here.

For combat Steven only uses brute force, forcefields, flight, Energy Projection and sonic screams/shockwaves.

Last edited:
Basically, Pink Steven fights like a flying brick but with forcefields and energy constructs

Last edited:
I know Mark is out skilling. If it’s fist to cuffs I can see Mark just kicking his teeth in. You said sonic screams earlier, I don’t know how strong they are, but if they’re enough to mess with Mark, then I’d probably give it to Steven.

Death Battle’s consequences…
I should clarify Mark isn’t weak to loud sounds. He’s weak to a specific frequency of sound that’s inaudible.

IMG_2147.webp

Viltumites have stood next to missile explosions without harm, which are hella loud.

I think Steven takes this. Mark has a slight AP advantage, but Steven's shields make up for that by always being portrayed as way stronger then Steven is naturally. Plus he can heal himself, I'm pretty sure.

So like, scream do it be enough to mess with Mark? I haven’t watched much SU
It doesn't seem like it
I think Steven takes this. Mark has a slight AP advantage, but Steven's shields make up for that by always being portrayed as way stronger then Steven is naturally. Plus he can heal himself, I'm pretty sure.
Yeah, Steven's ability advantage and self healing might help him a lot.

But wouldn't Mark be able to negate that by attacking Steven's gem? He's smart, he would know that the thing Steven uses to summon weapons is his weakness.
Does Steven have a counter to Mark doing this?
IMG_2148.jpg
I guess he could attack back while Mark tries to push him into space but I doubt he has many things he could use to defend himself. If he makes a forcefield, Mark will just push it with him.

Steven's bubble shield protected him for an unspecified length of time out in deep space one episode. He also has powered flight, so he could make it back to earth, eventually.

But wouldn't Mark be able to negate that by attacking Steven's gem? He's smart, he would know that the thing Steven uses to summon weapons is his weakness.
Sure, but that's like saying Steven could instakill Mark by aiming for his head. Steven's gem is easily defendable being right in his center of mass.

Steven's bubble shield protected him for an unspecified length of time out in deep space one episode. He also has powered flight, so he could make it back to earth, eventually.
Ok but what if Mark pushes him to another planet, or deeper into space

Or why wouldn't Mark take the fight into space were Steven has the disadvantage?

Also, Mark has insane pain tolerance. So even if the spike was strong enough to pierce his skin he’d likely keep pushing through his injury.
Why wouldn't the spikes pierce him? Most of Steven's offensive feats come from his various shields. The spikes could form outta any part of his shield as fast as he can attack. Steven can also fly as easily as Mark, giving both pretty even aerial maneuverability.

Why wouldn't the spikes pierce him? Most of Steven's offensive feats come from his various shields. The spikes could form outta any part of his shield as fast as he can attack.
Though Steven is close to Mark’s tier, his Attack Potency is ultimately below Mark’s durability.
Steven can also fly as easily as Mark, giving both pretty even aerial maneuverability.
Yeah, but when Mark grabs Steven and moves the fight to space he’d be able to use his higher Lifting Strength to hold him there until he passes out.

I am going to vote for Mark. Sending Steven to space and fighting there is a reliable winning condition.

should point out that Steven is skilled enough in H2H combat to put warriors with thousands of years worth of combat experience and skill like Jasper and Pearl on the defensive even before he fully unlocked his Pink State

So Mark definitely isnt outskilling by any means

Steven can counter Mark pulling him into space with his descent control, it makes it so he can sorta just stop and hold himself in the air and nothing can really move him, or if that doesnt work he can just put a bubble around his head and fly back to Earth as he can breathe in his bubble and hes used it to survive in deep space.

Steven can breathe in his bubble while it still has air in it and can fly in space using that alongside his flight, he wouldnt really be at a disadvantage in space or on another planet.

Steven can counter Mark pulling him into space with his descent control, it makes it so he can sorta just stop and hold himself in the air and nothing can really move him,
This is NLF. Higher strength would push Steven.
or if that doesnt work he can just put a bubble around his head and fly back to Earth as he can breathe in his bubble and hes used it to survive in deep space.

Steven can breathe in his bubble while it still has air in it and can fly in space using that alongside his flight, he wouldnt really be at a disadvantage in space or on another planet.
Through repeated blows, Mark would be able to knock him back into space if Steven tried to fly back.
IMG_2158.jpg

IMG_2159.jpg

Mark is also strong enough to break Steven’s bubbles.

Last edited:
I don’t think Mark has the LS to reliably force Steven since both are at least Class G and Steven likely wouldn’t let him just do that. Steven also has the argument of his experience letting him find a way to beat him. Also couldn’t Pink Steven just make huge walls of shields around Mark like he did against Jasper to get some good hits?

I’m gonna vote Steven here. Steven can counter being forcefully pushed into space plus his wider array of abilities would let him defend form Mark’s attacks and wear him down over time. All Invincible has going for him is punches, while Steven can attack form long range and reliably defend himself up close.

He can just make another bubble? He can kinda just generate them instantly whenever he wants.

While true, Steven can amp his speed to make Mark seem almost frozen in time, that alone would be a massive advantage for him

First off, voting Steven FRA.

Secondly, how viable is Steven setting up Pink Diamond's warship, and basically strategizing to immobilize Mark just long enough for him to get shot by mind control beams?

He can just make another bubble? He can kinda just generate them instantly whenever he wants.

While true, Steven can amp his speed to make Mark seem almost frozen in time, that alone would be a massive advantage for him
thread wouldn't be able to be added then, can't have the slower character win via speed amps in speed equal

If Steven gets speed amps that high then he should stomp. I am considering changing my vote. Is there any reason Steve couldn't amo himself to be able to blitz Mark?

For the speed amps, I don’t think Steven can turn them on at will? He never really mastered his Pink State, and iirc he only used that once on accident.

In his Pink State, many of his abilities are uncontrollable and respond to both his conscious and subconscious psychological issues; this weakness appears to be entirely psychological rather than being an inherent weakness of Pink State itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back