• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alien Mom vs Alien Dad (Rose Quartz - Steven Universe vs Omni-Man - Invincible) (0/9/0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
also i read this as allen and im disappointed

If my understanding is correct, Quartz is like 300t (for the value), while Thragg's value is like 500t?

If true, he has a hefty advantage, as even if she upscales, so does he, but unlike her, where the upscale seems to be just ko'ing, his upscale is straight up ******* mutilating and punching holes through dudes. And given his value is above her's by like 1.5x to begin with, I'm inclined to say that Thragg might be landing crippling, if not lethal damage, with every blow as his value alone evens out her upscaling than slap his one shotting on top of that, oof.

If she has hax tho, how does she use it? If it's just hard light stuff, I don't see that doing shit.
her scream is capable of cracking walls, her shapeshifting ability is quite extreme, and her healing can help her recover from most damage.

We haven’t really seen her fight. The biggest thing is that she’ll try to heal with tears when she can and shield everything with her op full body shield. Though she has very limited attack inside the shield. And maybe shapeshift, but I don’t really remember her using it offensively all that much.

Steven can heal a shattered gem in seconds with his healing, and that’s their full physical bodies. However, their projection body can take like a minute to heal and if Thragg hits her gem it’s likely going to be shattered to the point she won’t get a chance to heal it anyways.

Uhhhh, so?
Thragg has no resistance to sound-based attacks in his profile
But does it actually help?
She can use her shape change to increase her reach, theoretically dodge attacks by decreasing her size, and also make any grappling attack difficult.
How quickly and by how much? Thragg LITERALLY punches dudes in half.
IDK, If he's so strong that he can stomp her, I'll replace him with someone weaker to balance the battle.

But Rose doesn’t shapeshift like that. The only characters I can think of that do that are amethyst and extremely inconsistently at that with the changing being 90% of the time for fun. And garnet one time she was using it to teach a lesson and never again. Heck spinal stretchy and shifting around specifically caught all the crystal gems off guard the first time and got them temporarily killed.

But Rose doesn’t shapeshift like that. The only characters I can think of that do that are amethyst and extremely inconsistently at that with the changing being 90% of the time for fun. And garnet one time she was using it to teach a lesson and never again. Heck spinal stretchy and shifting around specifically caught all the crystal gems off guard the first time and got them temporarily killed.
Well, I gave Rose Bloodlust, so theoretically she would use everything she has to win, including shapeshift in combat.

Another thing she could theoretically do, although it greatly pushes Rose's combat ability, is make a plant grow inside Thragg.

Thragg has no resistance to sound-based attacks in his profile
Uh, not really a thing you need resistance for dude. especially when it's 9-B 🗿
She can use her shape change to increase her reach, theoretically dodge attacks by decreasing her size, and also make any grappling attack difficult.
But that's bad? Extending reach obviously entails making part of herself physically go toward him, enabling him to engage into CQC with less difficulty and also, well, grab her.
Dodge attacks by decreasing, might not be so good, that just means if she does get hit, more of her body is getting ****** up.
Grappling I suppose if it's like Luffy or something.
IDK, If he's so strong that he can stomp her, I'll replace him with someone weaker to balance the battle.
I mean if you're telling me she has regen, that might help, it depends how good and if she can heal continuously.

Ooh; sorry for missing that. Then yeah they will be shapeshifting a lot. Though to get the real use out of that they would need to be outside of the bubble shield to be attacking. So focusing on that would be losing sheer defense. Especially since shapeshifting absolutely requires focusing on it somewhat.

Her regen is only decent for her gem and that’s if she heals it mainly. If her body is too damage she is completely obliterated for a minute and can’t do anything as she’s just a gem on the ground.

Uh, not really a thing you need resistance for dude. especially when it's 9-B 🗿
Well, not exactly, I'm not sure exactly, but at least it scales above High 7-C for damaging other gems, but it could also end up being High 6-A or 5-C+ depending on the material of the wall it destroyed, more likely that it is High 6-A, but there is a possibility that it is 5-C+, Wait, I just noticed that the scream was able to affect White Diamond who scales above the 5-C+ feat

Well, not exactly, I'm not sure exactly, but at least it scales above High 7-C for damaging other gems, but it could also end up being High 6-A or 5-C+ depending on the material of the wall it destroyed, more likely that it is High 6-A, but there is a possibility that it is 5-C+, Wait, I just noticed that the scream was able to affect White Diamond who scales above the 5-C+ feat
So it's 5-C+ sound, idk how that's gonna do anything to a low 5-B.

So it's 5-C+ sound, idk how that's gonna do anything to a low 5-B.
I mean Viltrumites don't have a sensitive auditory sense? This would at least hurt his ears.

Furthermore, doesn't this amount to dura negg since he has no resistance to sound manipulation in his profile?

I mean Viltrumites don't have a sensitive auditory sense? This would at least hurt his ears.
They're vulnerable to a very specific wavelength of sound. Not just loud sound in general, hell they can stand next to shit like nukes going off without issue, and those things loud as ****.
Furthermore, doesn't this amount to dura negg since he has no resistance to sound manipulation in his profile?
What? No? Sound manip isn't duraneg to begin with, at best it's "dura mitigation", like at MOST you can say it has some vibration bullshit so it can do a lil bit of internal damage, but that means nothing if their internals are just as durable as the outside. And even then, your internals scale to you anyway by some degree no matter what otherwise even just taking a punch would kill you as the energy still travels throughout you. Like obviously 9-B sound manip won't do much to a dude who shrugs ff 8-C punches, same thing here.

Which is to say, 5-C sound manip ain't doing shit, maybe if it was sound manip on par with him it'd be problematic, but when he's that much stronger? Not really, plus his stamina is stupidly high so even if it was I don't think some internal rupturing would slow him down much if at all.

They're vulnerable to a very specific wavelengthof sound. Not just loud sound in general, hell they can stand next to shit like nukes going off without issue, and those things loud as *****
What? No? Sound manip isn't duraneg to begin with, at best it's "dura mitigation", like at MOST you can say it has some vibration bullshit so it can do a lil bit of internal damage, but that means nothing if their internals are just as durable as the outside. And even then, your internals scale to you anyway by some degree no matter what otherwise even just taking a punch would kill you as the energy still travels throughout you. Like obviously 9-B sound manip won't do much to a dude who shrugs ff 8-C punches, same thing here.

Which is to say, 5-C sound manip ain't doing shit, maybe if it was sound manip on par with him it'd be problematic, but when he's that much stronger? Not really, plus his stamina is stupidly high so even if it was I don't think some internal rupturing would slow him down much if at all.
Oh, Ok I understand

Alright I get it... How good is the durability of your internal organs then? There is so much blood and disembowelment in the work that there must be some durability feat for his internal organs and considering that the scale chains basically negate each other, then the difference would be approximately 1.5x, it should be enough to cause some damage

Wait a minute, shouldn't Rose's shield have High 3-A durability because it resists the light of corruption?

Oh, Ok I understand

Alright I get it... How good is the durability of your internal organs then? There is so much blood and disembowelment in the work that there must be some durability feat for his internal organs and considering that the scale chains basically negate each other, then the difference would be approximately 1.5x, it should be enough to cause some damage
Robot says Invincible’s internals are SLIGHTLY less vulnerable than his exterior. They should still be fairly similar but obviously cuz they’re his insides they’d be more vulnerable. Every Viltrumite should have the same physiology

Robot says Invincible’s internals are SLIGHTLY less vulnerable than his exterior. They should still be fairly similar but obviously cuz they’re his insides they’d be more vulnerable. Every Viltrumite should have the same physiology
Oh well, that's good to know...

How well do Viltrumites do with slashing blows?
Completely fine unless it's on par with them? In which case it's like a normal dude getting slashed, though stamina goes wild. Thragg fought Beast for days and got the shit clawed out of himself, some gashes, even very deep ones won't put him out.

Completely fine unless it's on par with them? In which case it's like a normal dude getting slashed, though stamina goes wild. Thragg fought Beast for days and got the shit clawed out of himself, some gashes, even very deep ones won't put him out.
So will he be able to recover faster than Rose is able to inflict damage?

His regeneration is slow, so it’s not really faster than she can inflict damage. It’s that with his durability and mobility he’ll receive very little damage in general and thus nothing she’ll do will every be all that significant and can be healed off throughout a long battle. It means she can’t chip him away, she has to deliver a killing blow.

His regeneration is slow, so it’s not really faster than she can inflict damage. It’s that with his durability and mobility he’ll receive very little damage in general and thus nothing she’ll do will every be all that significant and can be healed off throughout a long battle. It means she can’t chip him away, she has to deliver a killing blow.
With his OP resilience, where would Rose have to hit him to kill him?

Pretty much destroying the brain, heart, or very massive chunk of the body like a large amount of the torso (pretty much all of the lower area) can somewhat work too as Mark needed medical attention to survive that, but he was already significantly injuried before hand. Though Thragg can be repeatedly stabbed and mauled at by battle beast, someone very close to him in the scaling chain (like right beneath him), and survive those slashes consistently for days. So Rose having a sword isn’t going to be cutting much as Thragg has similar durability to cuts as he does blunt force.

Last edited:
Actually now that I think about it Omni-man vs Rose would be more thematic... Huh, after this match I'm going to try this combination

Anyway the last comments make it seem like a very long stomp, does Rose have wincons?

I'm a stinky liar ig.
Thragg's scaling is more like
Thragg >(Casually mutilates and can't even be harmed by)> Dino >> (Bites off Omni's head, mutilates a PW Mark who scales to the feat) > Omni >~ PW Mark = 567 exatons (it's his feat).

So uh, dudes who one-shot gore dudes who scale above Rose can't even scratch Thragg, and Thragg is like 2, if not 3, huge one-shots above the calc (****, he kills 2 of the 3 dudes who did said feat, ripping one's head off and punching the other clean through before tearing him in half almost casually).

I think Rose might just be totally ****** (an actual stomp) unless she has actual hax to duraneg.

Last edited:
Rose's best bet is her stamina, regen (able to near-instantly regen non-fatal injuries like missing limbs, and able to regen fatal wounds after being poofed if her gem is aight), and her shield's attack reflection properties.

She does have the advantage of using a sword which gets around the AP difference, she can probably outlast him as long as Thragg doesn't immediately shatter her gem in the first exchange.

, mutilates a PW Mark who scales to the feat) >
That is very funky scaling. IIRC, the clone Dinosaurus ripped apart was one made during the time Mark was depowered due to the scourge virus. Mark, in the same issue, killed dinosaurus fairly easily, and even pre-viltrumite war his peer/superior.

That is very funky scaling. IIRC, the clone Dinosaurus ripped apart was one made during the time Mark was depowered due to the scourge virus. Mark, in the same issue, killed dinosaurus fairly easily, and even pre-viltrumite war his peer/superior.
i didnt make the scaling I'm just parroting why Dino is low 5-B.

If this is a stomp I'll change it to Omni-man or close the topic and open another with Rose vs Omni-Man...

Of course I'll wait a bit to see if anything new comes up.

why not allen, give my boy some love
or what about robot

why not allen, give my boy some love
or what about robot
I recently made a match with Allen if you want to see that.

Also unrelated to your comment and responding to something else. No the gems don’t have combat applicable low mid regeneration and I keep being annoyed that is stated by people on this site. A single stab instantly killed Pearl and that scene was literally the basis and main showcase of how their regeneration works to begin with. The supposed low mid comes from garnet replaces her hands, but she specifically shoots them off as an attack, meaning they are meant to do that. When gems have actually received a stabbing damage they have never just grown limbs before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back