• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

If you were/are writer, how strong would/did you make your Verse Part 2: The Return of Writer

I once made a 1-A character by accident. I wanted her to be High 1-B, but I misused the words and turns out what I described was actually 1-A; I've been trying to stay away from Tier 1 since then, because I really didn't like the way that story ended up.

There was also a time in which I added a quote that was a reference to a show I watch, just as a joke, and there was a 3-B statement in it, althrough I was already planning on putting that character somewhere on Tier 3 anyway.

YungManzi said:
@Prof
I would certainly be interested in reading it.

Edit: My DHS verse is also game-based.
If thats the case ovo, I think I will make some story-site account and upload chapters here.

Or....I could just make blogs about this. Who says blogs here can't be used for fan-stories afterall? Lol

My DHS verse has a "Stat" system in place which directly aids my personal obsession with power escalation, the system itself is also influenced by VBW to some extent.

DHS stands for "Dungeon High School"...About an entire North American highschool being transported to a dungeon, with their only means of escape being to complete the 20 floor dungeon. They have to advance through floors by completing quests, each floor being more dangerous and each quest being more complicated.

Characters can evolve their own abilities...whether it's physical, magical, or resistance-based, by gathering experience points from quests and monsters, and spending those experience points on those abilities..In addition to that, characters get to choose 5 different magic classes out of 20 in the begining, and once they pick them..they can never change them.

..The one problem i've found with this set up is that there are a lot of characters to introduce very early on...(Since the school has thousands of students, and the staff are also there..)

I thought that was very good Cal, nothing more really needs to be said (and as someone who plans for his story to have an Omnipotent in the end, thats saying something.) honestly. I respect writers truthfully not wanting to make their series as OP as possible in order to make sure their story makes sense and is meaningful in the end.

Me? Elaborate?

One of the power system works by harvesting the subconscious mental energy of humanity and using it to convince a 1-A force controlling reality that your "story" (e.g. the story of throwing a fireball out of your hand) is correct, so that 1-A force makes a fireball come out of your hand.

Everyone who uses this subconscious energy is also resistant to it being used against them, meaning you can't just convince the 1-A that your enemy should be dead to win, because they are doing their best to convince it they should be alive.

So it's like the mechanism is 1-A, the outcome is not.

In my verse most are varying levels of 2-A with immeasurable speed, along with concept and Law manip due to verse mechanics.

A verse with a mechanic like that would probably make the strongest for every tier up to High 1-B. Well, setting aside the tiers with characters that also have 1-A abilities.

I'm a very imaginative person. It's basically me (having the power to do anything like me farting could blow a hole in the universe if I wanted to) and Naruto (wearing GT Goku Gi) and we go to different verse to help battle major antagonist. Again my powers consist of EVERYTHING so I would basically be the strongest tier and with Naruto (we went to DBZ world and both of us gotten God Ki) would be like 4-A = Base and 3-A with SOSP + God Ki.

EDIT: when I meant everything I meant EVERYTHING (anything that u can think of or anything power/hax that exist I mastered it)

For anyone who'd wanna read my story, i'll elaborate what it's about.

The series is centered around a world where technology and industrial development is a crucial importance in the daily lives of humanity as the world, over time, has continued to upgrade itself. In the age of 2500, most of the world itself is industrialized and technology based. And the one thing that stands at the top and center of the world entirely is a MMO game unlike any other that becomes the representation of humanity's strength, Novadon.

Novadon's a viritual world that humans can connect to using the worlds technology, most notably special virtualization scanners, and are able to physically travel between the virtual world and that of reality to acomplish many great feats while on Novadon. This process is done via humans fusin together with that of virtual spiritual creatures called Spiritdon, giving people a countless rnage of powers and abilities. It's become such an ordeal world for humans that they've turned it into a world for gaming and sport. But because many see it as a way to have power as opposed to those that just see it as gaming, there are those who obtain abilities that aren't natural, and use them for their selfish desires. This turns them into crimminal players.

My series focuses on a player named Kazuko Zumodon and his Spiritdon partner Ichi. Their goal is to simply become the strongest players in the Novadon universe and will do anything to achieve that goal. In order to grow more powerful, both decide to go to a Novadon training school called the V.A.T.A (Virtual Avatar Training Academy) which has the purpose of honing their skills and defeating crimminal players to prevent them from destroying the laws of both worlds. They do this together with many friends to go on a vast advenure of mystery, danger, and action.

I already have 21 chapters finished for this and if you wanted to summarize the themes for this series, 3 themes I would come up with is Development, Power, and especially Innocence.

10-B to 9-A at most, for me, unless I'm writing a particularly epic fantasy (akin to old-style mythology, or JoJo's). I'm more of a character development kind of writer, so unless I'm thematically tying OP abilities to character traits/development, I'd prefer to keep my verse more grounded.

Also, for my series, I want my main character to be as developed as possible without the whole "Purpose Requirement" formula if you know what im talking about.

Both of the protagonists are Low 2-C. Most of the time they would face haxxy 10-Bs capable of affecting them in some way or another. Only a few characters would range from 9-C to High 8-C, but those would be from a side storyline.

Mines would probably be anywhere from 2-A to 1-A by the end of it.

In my story, it would have been something where it takes place in the modern era (as in, the era we all live in right now) and follows a particular story of 3 young boys who just got out of middle school and were on their way to high school while chillaxing in the Summer. What makes this kind of important to note is they were originally just teens who, well at least two of them, were once into going into fictional worlds like animes and comics but knew well even in their ages that it wasn't ever possible and just go on with their lives...until they end up getting attacked by a creature one would see either in mythology or even in a fairy tale where it almost killed them if not for both all of them discovering they had superpowers AND one of their fathers coming in to save them and revealing that there was more to it to their life than what they came to know.

TL;DR version: 3 teens lived life normally in 2010's, get attacked by myth/fairy tale like creature, superpowers emerge and one of teens pops appears to tell them a lot of things that would change their views in a lot of ways from then on. DK what genres it'd be like for them though but its at least fit with those like adventure and fantasy.

Statistics wise, it gets pretty progressive from Street level and Superhuman to what I said above. Hax or powers, though? Where to begin with that one...

Shoot, man... Like, damn... I...I found your concept to be surprisingly amazing. You've elaborated and did a lot.

I know xD thats why I put the "OvO" at the end ovo

But in all seriousness I appreciate the postive feedback.

Lets just say im trying to give this series a shonen feeling but also very Anti-SAO. Im also trying to make Kazuko into a character that can push for his goals in an innocent, non-purpose filled, way like almost every character in a battle-anime has.

I'm trying to have inspiration in not only anime (mainly shounen, but I'm taking inspiration from stuff like Evangelion, Trigun, and Cowboy Bebop), but western material as well. I'm not trying to be that guy and be a westerner who wants to make their own anime ovo (and no, I'm not saying you are lol). While I'm definitely anime inspired, I'll still embrace the trends in my culture. However, the culture I'd be inspired by would be 80s and 90s and some early 2000s cartoons like Thundercats, Transformers, Batman TAS, 4kids Ninja Turtles, etc. While I like cartoons nowadays, they're all too comedy driven. Even plot based ones like Adventure Time are still primarily comedy.

Currently I'm writing my story as a book, but I'm thinking it would be best presented in a VN format tbh.

Course that needs music and visuals and shit... So I'll stick with writing it as a book for now

I would go full op hax with the whole cast of the first book starting from 9-B to end in 6-B the second book will show chars from the past while seeing the present after the events of the first book, with other hax and starting with some random 6-A as the first villain, ending in a galactic battle with 3-C/B power levels.

The third book will retcon some things, hax and characters giving them power from a 4-A to try and defeat a 3-A.

Latter some spin off with SMT-Masada lvl of craziness that will foreshadow some things in the main series (because this spin off is set very far in the future).

The fourth book will be the one starting the whole higher-D thingy while adding some hax and the death of the main char of the first book (who will participate in the first 2 books and serve as a mentor in the third), and this book will cap at something along the lines of 1-C and 1-B.

The final book will be my Opus Magnum, given that the cast presented in the previous one will appear matured and wiser, this one will add the hax that I didn't include in the previous books and the chars will start in a "normal state" (4-A) but they will learn about the beings who see all of reality as a hindrance (those beings hate all but they had been sealed eternities ago by "God" but his death in the previous book make them free, they also are 1-A), here is where things get out of hand, half the cast dies before making it to the final boss and the remaining ones die with the final boss with almost all of existence been destroyed but the MC (with plot armor) manages to go full Merc on this one and rewinds time to a point where he could defeat those beings and save everyone at the cost of his own existence.

This leads to a new world where nobody has any power but they are happy.

I hope this doesn't bother anybody but i wanted to post it, and if you decide to ask, yes, Im planning on writing this in the future and see how far it goes.

Actually for me, when I get the chance to practice animation and get better at drawing I want to animate my series.

Til then im keeping it as a novel so there's some basis or origin for it.

I'd like to do my series as either a book or a Light Novel since I could probably do my own drawings for them and add them for each chapter or so once in a while to better illustrate some things or simply to show something happening as most series would.

Also, I'm more of a development person so obviously while there will be fights it would be more of the characters trying to make sense of their world and their lives as the plot resolves around everything breaking into chaos in a matter where reality and fiction come as one or mix in together.

Sadly as I am rn in life, I don't really have a lot to do with this as I've had countless trails and errors over and over with this series of mines that I just kept it on the shelf for when I'm able to properly deal with it in some manner in the future. That and I don't have a lot to time to resume it once more due to having been focusing all my time on college and actually finishing it on top of needing to find a job and do other things.

For my series, im almost reaching the point in the story where the characters actually take courses at their training school so I have to think of some course standards fast.....I was thinking of making something that combines academy standards from both Soul Eater and My Hero Academia. Something like this:

There are the E.D.U classes, which are regular education classes during the day (and since the V.A.T.A is a college-level school, this can include college majors) and then afterwards there's the Special Novadon Battling Class where players are put in a class thats explicity about Novadon battling. For the latter, this includes practical courses, studying courses, and Nova-Lessons.

Practical courses would include combat training, mission simulations (in other words, players are put in digital pocket spaces that are programmed to put them through simulated missions and test what they do in those situations), personal battle studyhall (in other words, players can train with anyone and in any method they want), and Stat training (In other words, courses that force players to develop stats that they would be the most weak in to cover weak points).

Studying courses would simply be courses where student players receive tests and projects on things like studying battle strategies, abilities, items, and other battling concepts in the game.

Then there are Nova-Lessons, which solely involve going on Missions in the Novadon game world and they overide any other course in the Academy. Players in this part of the class can be sent on missions with either players they are particularly partied with in, random players to create and improve new teamwork, or by themselves to improve solo work. This part of the class would mean missing some schoolwork for other courses but accepting missions by themselves act as extra credit and successfully completing them does a lot more.

I mostly have my stories locked up in my mind to think up for later writing. Though, some characters have 1-A Powers. One of them can bite a foe and inflict durability negating effects on them that can even kill a 1-A.

I mean, some are honest works but others are....

Um...yeah, meme-worthy. Here's a quote from one.

"There's no plot in this plot!"

Back