• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

If you were/are writer, how strong would/did you make your Verse Part 2: The Return of Writer

Main protagonist progresses from street level to at least planet level. Possibly will reach star level or even universe level, with higher dimensional hax.

Cosmic beings with little involvement will be somewhere in Tier 1 (debating with myself on whether they should be Outerversal or not).

Everyone in Beelzebub is 2-A because is a crossover with SMT

And Furuichi is likely 2-A in Durability because he didn't immediately died when Naoya or Raidou attacked him.

bases for me are 9-B, since my verse has a linear story, the early characters who are considered powerful, are around 7-B, as more characters are introduced, the tiers reach 6-C to 6-B, and the strongest characters range from High 6-A to 5-A.

Code:
And I will add stellar level characters near the end, capping at 4-B. So somewhat powerful. Also minor time hax,

I should also mention that I am actually indirectly referenced in the story, as the godlike being, who is 4-A, possibly higher, states that even they were originated from a higher being who, "Wrote" the universe into being, so I suppose that makes me 3-A.

2 downstreamer level races , a realm 10 Times more scary than the warp , 30 1-A abstracts , 10 high 1-As , an infinite amount of infinite dimensional multiverses ,20 1-A realms , an embodiment of death that is a fusion of ynnead death of the endless and marvel death , 3 characters above baseline high 1-A , a race that transcends the downstreamers , the weakest character is 0 dimensional , a being that eats multiverses , standard characters are pretty much on the tier of standard dc , marvel and wh40k characters , a cyborg race that controlls an entire universe whith probability altering tech , reality warping tech and ships that shoot eye of terror sized wormholes , time travel , bio-technologicall galaxies that eat other galaxies , billions of cruisers whith xeelee level time travel and galaxy level weaponry ,6 septillion overall ships fighters etc. each of them has worldbreaker hulk level strenght and EU sidious level psychic powers and alot of other OP stuff

the protagonist is a futuristic human specimen and is 9-C but the gods of the series (High 2-A) are too lazy to get rid of scum themselves and they tell the protaginist about their fates (a bit like norse mythology) and then are like 'we will grant you these powers so you can defeat villians' and the protagonist becomes 5-A then has to defeat a bunch of foes and becomes like One Punch Man and by the end of the series the protagonist gains all of the gods powers and gains time hax along with spatial manipulation, reality warping and creation then transcends the gods powers for no reason at all and becomes 1-C

Mine will be contain myth creatures, deities, abstract-beings, higher-dimensional existence, meta-abstract beings and a protagonist sitting at tier 0.

For me, I would literally made a world in which 1-A all concentrated into one place in the world. All 12 quadtrillion of them, and that because if the chance of having a 1-A is nearly none, then any number at all comparing to infinite is also none.

Either way, a world in which reality warper of this scale is this common in that place would meant some rule to it, and I would explore what that mean.

Mine would cap at 7-A for the strongest characters / magic artifacts. Though most of the important characters would be around 8-B to 7-C

My verse that I'm writing relies heavily on toon force so much that it literally breathes toon force. My characters are probably 4-A at their utmost peak due to consistently surviving being turned into constellations

Each character would have one feat for every tier from 10-B all the way up to High 3-A, and they use there full power performing each of these feats.

God Tier:

Top Tiers:

1-A up to High 1-A (Every character in my verse of this tier has True Godly Regen)

High tiers:

High 1-C up to 1-B

Mid Tiers:

2-A up to High 2-A

Low-Mid Tiers:

2-C up to 2-B

The 80% of the verse's characters:

10-B up to low 2-C

Notable Hax in the verse:

Time Manipulation

Quantum Manipulation

Reality Warping

Mind Manipulation

Durability Negation

Conceptual Manipulation

Soul Manipulation

Creation

Existence Erasure

Style: Comic Book

I legit have no idea how strong the story I'm writting currently is, I just make them as strong as I need them to be for the scene to work.

Okay, I've done some revisions.

Tiers will vary heavily, protagonists will eventually surpass everyone but the God-Tiers.

EoS protags: 3-B

God-Tiers: High 3-A

One background character: Formerly 1-A, currently 3-A

While the protagonists of my verse are High 4-C, it comes from easily overlooked stuff due to one character weighing a heck of a lot. Most of the feats they show are in tier 9 to tier 8, maybe tier 7.

The story ive been working on (or well, just started to work back on) is already Planet level from the first few chapters and right after he gets feats that go from LS to MFTL.

In the chapter I finished today, he just showed a feat of using his fire manipulation to burn a hole into another characters mind in a game to make a mindscape world of memories lol.

Honestly, im thinking I might make a unique account, maybe on Instagram or Wattpad, and post links to existing/future chapters here so you guys can read it if you want.

Its a game-based series so gamer fans might like it alot (unless your more SAOish).

My DHS characters start off tier 9 with a certain 1-A verse mechanic...well...that is a bit of a spoiler...but not really.

@Everyone. To piggyback off of my good friend Ryu in the first thread, do what makes sense for your verse. Big numbers don't necessarily make things more impressive aside from the niche group that we are as vs debaters, and more often than not, down to earth stories that personally affect the main characters rather than fate of the world deals tend to vibe more with an audience. People tend to care more about the mortality of the characters they have come to know than that of the world. You also know that the planet or universe or whatever will eventually make it out okay because there's no way that a writer would do that (unless it's an obscenely depressing series). While status quo is still god, you can't 100% say the same on smaller scale stuff, because the stakes are both higher and lower than a planet busting monster or something.

That's not to say that being strong is necessarily bad, or that you have a bad verse if you're strong. Like I said, my verse is High 4-C, which makes fate of the world deals something that I have to account for as a writer. If the verse you're setting up works well for tier 4s, 3s, 2s, or even 1s, by all means, write to your heart's content, and I would happily read it.

Hax is a totally different beast though. Because power is independent of it, it can either be very creative ala JJBA (though GER's power is a meme even off of battle boards because of how OP it is), or you could become a Yhwach and become story breaking.

Just like with prescription medications, use hax wisely.

In terms of hax for my verse, there's not exactly...much. Time manipulation, spatial manipulation, soul manipulation, mind manipulation, black holes, and transmutation are the only somewhat prevalent things, and they all have beats in the story for how they're used. I didn't give it to them just to give it to them. There's only one character who has a "lol I win" hax, and that's because she's the goddess of death. Actually, there's another, but she's a deconstruction of that kind of character. The creativity comes from the variations of the powers of the main cast and their villains. I'd be hard pressed to make someone like Yukari Yakumo a main character in a battle series, be it villain or hero, with her powerset, because giving her a challenge to even impose stakes seems impossible. And no, I'm not saying Yukari is a bad character. She does well because she's a neutral party.

There was once a scene in which a character was showing off his speed to some other characters, and the original description said that he could punch 1000 times faster than light, but I changed it to 1000 miles per hour because I tought it sounded better.

It's impressive how the difference between those two is massive yet small at the same time; the entire verse became massively slower only due to this small change, but it really didn't change anything in the story itself, except that I think one single line sounds better now.

Exactly. Trying to hard can exist in writing, and you were aware that 1000c could've been that.

Also, look at the series that are widely remembered and regarded as well-written masterpieces (rather than just popular like the HST). Fullmetal Alchemist, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Neon Genesis Evangelio, Danny Phantom, Death Note, A Song of Ice and Fire, etc. What they all have in common is that they all keep it small-scale.

Though, I think video games can handle it differently. Because story should take a backseat to gameplay, they can get away with not being small scale because of the gameplay, and some of the OPness can only be OP in lore while it's rife with gameplay mechanics in well...gameplay. For example, the super broken Almighty attacks in SMT aren't that broken and are pretty weak in the game from what I hear.

Yeah my series is definitely more skill-based than hax-based, and no character will have any hax that nobody else can have.

I tried to give the main characters abilities that can evolve over the course of the story.

I also don't want to go into too much power escalation for my verse, as it's common that a series doesn't resemble what it used to be once it gets too far. Dragon Ball and Naruto don't resemble their origins at all due to power escalation. The days of when Tao Pai Pai was a threat severely differed from the days Vegeta was a threat, and the days where Vegeta was a threat severely differed from the days Zamasu was a threat.

Back