• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ideal Matchups for Characters

Talonmask

VS Battles
Retired
Characters that show similarities or characteristics (Be it personalities, traits, fighting styles, sense of attire, etc.) and would make sense to be paired against each other, but aren't really acceptable by our site's standards.

This is strictly for characters who are similar in one way or another and happen to be stomps in the favour of one, not blatant spite matches.

To help come people come up with some, I'll list a few:

Underdog vs. Krypto the Superdog - Superpowered animals with capes and X-Ray/Heat Vision, that can fly for some reason.

Wolverine vs. Valkyr - Lab experiments, berserkers with claws, invulnerable in one way or another

Genji vs. Hakume vs. Excalibur - Cybernetic ninjas in white who excel in the usage of blades and have hidden strengths (Dragonblade, Astral Heat, Exalted Blade)

Quicksilver (Marvel Comics) vs. Flash (Wally West) (Post-Crisis) - Speedsters

Ryo Akiyama vs Arceus - The Slayer of the Wicked God Digimon vs The God of Pokemon

Fatalis vs Grima - Both are world ending dragons.

D vs Matt - Both are protagonist of flash RPG series (D doesn't have a profile yet, but IIRC he's around Country level)

Machamp vs Rocky Balboa - Two badass boxers.

I would perhaps say Meta Knight vs. Sephiroth, because of how they are such polar opposites. They're both dark, quick, edgy swordsmen, but unlike a lot of thematic match-ups, if these guys met, they would fight to the death. Though I guess that could be said about Zero vs. Sephiroth, too.

Keiji Kiriya (All you need is kill) vs Natsuki Subaru - time loopers who constantly deal with the pain and trauma of death.

Ajimu Najimi vs Sans - powerful nihilists who were forced to accept the futility of their existence.

Bobobo vs. Bayonetta

Bayonetta vs. Shantae

Because hair. Then again, "ideal" is a very strong word to describe these match-ups...in fact, they'd still be pretty stupid even if they were perfectly even.

Too bad Beard Blade will never get funded, otherwise its protagonist could be thrown into the mix.

Medaka Kurokami vs Saitama (Parody Mary Sue vs Parody Gary Stu)

Subaru Natsuki vs Ainz Ooal Gow vs Kirito vs Rudeus Greyrat vs Akatsuki Ousawa vs any other trapped-in-another-world light novel main character.

Iwakura Lai vs Junko Enoshima vs X.A.N.A vs Kayaba Akihiko (gods/pseudo-gods of virtual worlds)

Ryuunosuke Akutagawa vs Princess Aryabata (Taboo Tattoo) (Void using villains of recent similar anime)

Han Jee-Ha vs Jin Mo-Ri (protagonists of two of the most popular webtoons, both of whom mix martial arts and fantasy powers)

Darth Vader vs Ivan Dreyar (fathers who turned to the dark and tried to get their sons to join them as well)

Jotaro vs Kenshiro

Although the matchup's already been done. ATATATATATATA vs ORAORAORAORAORA would be the best combination of hype and sheer memetic value. It's a must.

Gray Fullbuster vs Vegeta (black haired orphan deuteragonists whose rabid fans greatly overrate them and will lose it if you make the slightest criticism of them)

Note: Funny thing is - I'm actually a big fan of these two myself

Sportacus (Lazy Town) vs Wii Fit Trainer (Wii Fit)

Kakyoin Noriaki (JJBA) vs Lubbock (Akame Ga Kill)

Ness (Earthbound) vs Frisk (Undertale)

Neo (Matrix Trilogy) vs Kirito (Sword Art Online)

Sans (Undertale) vs Vriska (Homestuck)

Klonoa (Klonoa) vs John Egbert (Homestuck)

----> Filthy Frank vs Dio Brando <----

Sportacus vs. Wii Fit Trainer? Bruh I get that we're not looking at stats but WFT is literally just a woman. Least you can do is put Sportacus against someone who does something applicable to combat.

Like Waluigi.

EDIT: I didn't know that fights had to be mild stomps. I'll do a DEATH BATTLE thread like this later... That is all.

@Ovens

But Gilgamesh's sword count vastly exceeds Erza's overall and the latter doesn't abuse sword spam tactics nearly as frequently.

As for my own matchup: Zoro vs Date Masamune

Two samurai who wield improbable number of swords at once with equally improbable methods and have the same voice actor.

Marisa Kirisame vs Matt. Both are blond, teenagers who used light-based Magic who've appeared in Bullet Hell style Shoot'em'ups. If only Marisa's large planet feat was accepted...

Also, I like how Reppuzan and Dragon had the exact same match up. I guess those characters must be really similar.

Welp, I just joined this thread and scrolled to the bottom, so sorry for repeats.

Another matchup then:

.Hack vs SAO: Virtual worlds with surprisingly dark and real consequences.

Groudon vs Shakaku - giant earth elamental kiju.

Wonder Woman vs Vegeta - amizon prinsess vs sayin prins.

Freiza vs Dr.Doom - 2 evil tyrants with egos bigger than any thing they can distroy.

Sesshomaru vs Byakuya Kuchiki (sexy, intelligent, powerful older brothers whose pride is unmatched by any other in their own verse)

Back