• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battles To-do list (Help greatly needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

Given that my continuous work to try to take care of this community has taken up so much of my time, my to-do list for it has unfortunately continuously grown as well.

As such, I would greatly appreciate help from our staff and honorary staff with providing input regarding, organising, and taking care of the following tasks, although I also have some additional ones that have to be handled in separate threads.

My apologies for the inconvenience, but all of this unfortunately has to be handled at some point, and I am tired of constantly pushing the task in question to be handled some time in the future.

1) I will hopefully soon create a double-highlighted news and announcements forum thread about that all of our members permanently need to stop inserting any categories whatsoever into sandboxes and any inappropriate categories into blog posts, as it greatly messes up our wiki's organisation structure by spamming our category lists with completely irrelevant additions, and takes me massive amounts of time to continuously vainly try to clean up.

I will then request help from our entire community with systematically removing inappropriate categories whenever they notice this problem, but in the meantime I would greatly appreciate help from our staff and honorary staff in this regard.

Take note that it is perfectly good to always use the "Blog posts" category for any type of blog post, that the "Calculations" category should be used for calculation blogs, and that the relevant verse categories should be used for officially accepted calculation or explanation blogs, so those categories should definitely NOT be removed.

Here is a blog that uses acceptable standard categories, for example:

Completed:
2) Our Enhanced Senses page needs to have sixth sense removed, as that is already listed under Extrasensory Perception.

3) Listing invulnerability as being limited is our standard approach when it is just invulnerability to certain things, not everything. This should probably be noted in the page in question.

4) Is this a redundant category?

5) Should we change Infinite Stamina to Endless Stamina, as it has to do with time rather than size?

6) It seems very useful to add a "High Animalistic" definition to our Intelligence page for more intelligent animals, and "Instinctive" to comparatively extremely mentally simple living creatures.

7) Should this category have all character profile pages removed from it? It seems to fit better with our standard approach.

8) Should Large Size type 11 be redefined?

9) The following category, and any other officially used explanation blogs, needs to be cleaned up, so only legimately accepted explanation pages are included, and the contents of them are moved from blogs to regular wiki pages:

In progress: https://vsbattles.com/threads/explanation-pages-reorganisation-important-help-needed.139846/

10) Should we insert a description for how to insert inter-wiki links into the Standard Format for Verse Pages page?

11) I would greatly appreciate if any members who genuinely have a deep understanding of our tiering system write themselves down in our Knowledgeable Members List (Wiki Terminology) page.

12) Should we update the standard code for character image gallery links in verse pages to the one used in the One Piece verse page, as it looks good for both light and dark mode, as well as explicitly mention that this is our preferred standard? We would also need to include instructions for linking to the associated most relevant wiki(s) for each respective verse near the top of the pages.

13) We need to check through all our wiki verse pages and remove the listed members who have been inactive in our forum for more than a year, and do the same to our knowledgeable members lists.

In progress.

14) We preferably need an official rule text about always using calculations as a basis for statistics between tiers 9-A and 3-B, except for very self-evident cases of 5-B and upwards.

15) Should we change our standards (and common editing mistakes page) so we begin to use considerably more proper punctuation?

In progress:
16) The verses listed under "T" in the following page, simply due to having a "The" in the beginning, should preferably be alphabetically reorganised.

17) Should we start a project at some point to add categories for verses depending in terms of appropiateness rating? For example, a category for verses with content appropiate for minors, a category for verses with content only suitable for adults, etc.

We could also add a template so younger viewers of pages may avoid verses or content that are too inappropiate for them.

"All-ages suitable verses" and "Adults only suitable verses" perhaps?

18) If anybody here knows people who are skilled in Japanese, can you please ask them if they are willing to sign up to this forum and help us out with our translations thread here?

19) There are many verses with inconsistent naming procedures.

A few examples:

We may need to decide on a more consistent system. "(Verse)" works in general for when a character is named the same thing, but if there are several spinoff continuities, the issue turns more complicated.

20) We may need to rewrite the abstract existence definition.

"Personally, I think that the misunderstanding might come from that somebody wrote "Abstract Existence is the ability to embody an abstraction, such as a concept, thought, or an information" instead of "Abstract Existence is the ability to embody an abstraction, such as a concept or idea" in order to keep the ability easy to understand. That should probably be adjusted."

"My concern is that this will set a precedent that all spiritual beings listed in the wiki should automatically get Abstract Existence instead of Incorporeality."

NOTE: STAFF ONLY PLEASE

Last edited:
Btw: Please try to have all responses here stay strictly on topic, as the discussion will inevitably derail completely out of control otherwise.

I guess the question should really be "Is this even worth categorizing?"

It's not for users of duplication, or users of shapeshifting... it's just "Characters who look like other characters for one reason or another." Seeing how vague and not very useful that description is, I would just remove the category and delete it.

Okay. Thank you for the evaluation.

Since I have been invited, I'll present something (possibly) useful regarding some of the to-dos.
7) Should this category have all character profile pages removed from it? It seems to fit better with our standard approach.
I agree. It should be noted that https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Roblox has similar situation and the final decision regarding Category:RPG Maker should be also applied to Category:Roblox too, though I don't know if there are any other similar categories.
We may need to decide on a more consistent system. "(Verse)" works in general for when a character is named the same thing, but if there are several spinoff continuities, the issue turns more complicated.
Another situation is that there are more than one verses sharing with the same name.

For example, in Wikipedia, there are three films called "The Black Hole", two films called "Black Hole", two video games called "Black Hole", a video game called "Blackhole", a board game called "Black Hole", a comic called "Black Hole". Another example is Journey to the West, which can be used to refer any JttW adoptions with the same name. For both examples, it is clear that these verses are from different continuities.

Therefore, while "(Verse)" is fine for a verse which is highly unlikely to have another verse with the same name, another naming standard should be adopted. WP:TITLEDAB may be helpful, I suppose.
17) The verses listed under "T" in the following page, simply due to having a "The" in the beginning, should preferably be alphabetically reorganised.
I feel that names like "Black Heart, The" is preferred than names like "The Black Heart" in Knowledgeable Member List. It is only my opinion, though.

Doppelgangers are a creature in various mythologies, it's not just "guy who looks like another guy". I think it should stay.
5) Should we change Infinite Stamina to Endless Stamina, as it has to do with time rather than size?
Personally I prefer infinite, it gets the idea across more easily and fits our naming schemes better.
6) It seems very useful to add a "High Animalistic" definition to our Intelligence page for more intelligent animals.
Didn't we use to have that? I swear I've seen that on some pages. Regardless I fully agree.

Personally as a fan of RPG Maker games I think it's fine to keep, given that while it is a platform, I know may seem really weird to someone who's not into it, but "RPG Maker" doubles as a sort of genre where mostly horror/surreal games are made on it (mostly inspired by Earthbound or Silent Hill), and as such there is an entire community built around this sort of games.

So while I understand that it doesn't fully fit our standards I would personally like it to be kept given that it's almost a genre.
13) Should we update the standard code for character image gallery links in verse pages to the one used in the One Piece verse page, as it looks good for both light and dark mode, as well as explicitly mention that this is our preferred standard? We would also need to include instructions for linking to the associated most relevant wiki(s) for each respective verse near the top of the pages.
I don't think there should be a standard, various verses utilize different forms of pictures that are fit for different galleries and we shouldn't forbid those styles.
15) We preferably need an official rule text about always using calculations as a basis for statistics between tiers 9-A and 3-B, except for very self-evident cases of 5-B and upwards.
I don't think that should always be the case, some feats cannot be calculated but can be estimated with a sufficient degree of accuracy, and statements such as "an entire city will be destroyed by this attack!" or "this move could obliterate a whole building!" are probably obvious enough that something like "At least Low 7-B" and "Likely at least 9-A" fits them better even when they cannot be calculated.

There's also the fact that sometimes you have an explicit output to an attack, which obviously does not require a calculation.

1. Very good. I've been trying to apply this whenever I've come across sandboxes with categories, but some more awareness may make that simpler. Although, I've noticed some people getting confused about whether using the template for tiers counts as a violation of this or not, so you'd want to clear that up in your thread.
  2. Very good.
  3. Sounds reasonable and easy enough.
  4. It doesn't quite seem redundant, but Promestein did take out a lot of categories like this, but I'm not sure exactly what her criteria was, so it's hard for me to make a judgement.
    • While Armorchompy has a point that Doppelgangers are creatures in mythology, I remember other similar categories getting removed (such as "Catgirls")
  5. While that would be nice in theory, it sounds like a massive pain to implement.
  6. That sounds like a very tough line to draw; it hits a combination of being quite narrow and ambiguous at the same time.
  7. It definitely shouldn't be considered a verse (as the category currently implies). It might be able to be turned into a Characters by Medium sort of category, but I'm not sure if we'd want to divide up video game characters by engine like that.
    • I'd add that there is some utility to that category; there are some broad stroke similarities in RPG Maker games, making it almost function like a genre. It fits about as much as a "Flash Characters" category, and is much more fitting than a "Unity Engine Characters" or "Unreal Engine Characters" category would be.
    • I agree with Mariogoods that Roblox falls into a similar situation.
  8. If you mean rewriting the definition to be more in line with current tiering standards, I'm not sure. If you mean drawing more distinctions after type 11 for higher tiers, that doesn't feel particularly important to me.
  9. These sorts of pages being ordinarily accessible does seem slightly strange to me, since I wouldn't really want it popping up in the searchbar. But iirc there was a staff consensus for moving these to ordinary wiki pages to let them be edited by more people. If my memory is not failing me, this would be a good project to undertake.
  10. That sounds like a great idea.
  11. This feels like a restatement of #9; I hold the same view I did before.
  12. Understandable.
  13. I don't hold a strong opinion on this, but the latter half feels like a restatement of #10.
  14. I do have a bit of a soft spot for the wiki verse pages leaving inactive members. As a sort of wall that visitors pass by, scribble on, to remain permanently engraved in. But if the main function of those wants to be turned to gathering members for threads, I can solemnly accept that being the right call. For knowledgeable members go wild, clean that up.
  15. Mostly seems like a good call. Only risk would be characters who have significantly large multipliers on ordinary/athletic/peak humans. Maybe something like "Characters with tiers between 9-A and 3-B are required to reach those tiers through accepted calculations and/or multipliers. These calculations can be specific to the feat, or standard calculations. The lower borders of 5-B, 4-C, 4-B, 4-A, 3-C, and 3-B can be considered calculations for destroying a planet, a star, a solar system, two or more solar systems, a galaxy, and two or more galaxies respectively."
    • Armorchompy does bring up some points. I don't quite agree with the generic city/building-busting statements due to how much those can vary by method and what constructs are hit to cause that destruction, but stated joule values should be allowed without calculation.
  16. Could you elaborate on this?
  17. Somewhat feels like a matter of taste. I'm neutral on it.
  18. Template seems fine, but I'm not sure what utility the category has. At least until we could prevent certain pages from being visible until visitors declare that they're, say, over 18.
  19. I know a fair few translators, but they're all too busy with other projects to listen to my requests, even ones as simple as translating a page of contents. I don't think they'd be of much help.
  20. This is something that needs to be discussed, but I don't particularly care which standard ends up being followed.
  21. I don't quite understand the issue here; your quotes don't have enough information about the particulars.

1. It definitely shouldn't be considered a verse (as the category currently implies). It might be able to be turned into a Characters by Mediumsort of category, but I'm not sure if we'd want to divide up video game characters by engine like that.
    • I'd add that there is some utility to that category; there are some broad stroke similarities in RPG Maker games, making it almost function like a genre. It fits about as much as a "Flash Characters" category, and is much more fitting than a "Unity Engine Characters" or "Unreal Engine Characters" category would be.
Exactly my point yeah

I've removed the Sixth Sense from that page now.
Thank you. I appreciate it.
Doppelgangers are a creature in various mythologies, it's not just "guy who looks like another guy". I think it should stay.
Okay.
Personally I prefer infinite, it gets the idea across more easily and fits our naming schemes better.
Okay. I suppose that makes sense.
Didn't we use to have that? I swear I've seen that on some pages. Regardless I fully agree.
Thank you. I would greatly appreciate suggestions for how to succinctly define High Animalistic intelligence in a brief text segment.
Personally as a fan of RPG Maker games I think it's fine to keep, given that while it is a platform, I know may seem really weird to someone who's not into it, but "RPG Maker" doubles as a sort of genre where mostly horror/surreal games are made on it (mostly inspired by Earthbound or Silent Hill), and as such there is an entire community built around this sort of games.

So while I understand that it doesn't fully fit our standards I would personally like it to be kept given that it's almost a genre.
Hmm. I am uncertain.
I don't think there should be a standard, various verses utilize different forms of pictures that are fit for different galleries and we shouldn't forbid those styles.
Okay. That makes sense.
I don't think that should always be the case, some feats cannot be calculated but can be estimated with a sufficient degree of accuracy, and statements such as "an entire city will be destroyed by this attack!" or "this move could obliterate a whole building!" are probably obvious enough that something like "At least Low 7-B" and "Likely at least 9-A" fits them better even when they cannot be calculated.
I am afraid that I strongly disagree with this though, as it would be equivalent to allowing guesswork statistics, as our tier names do not particularly match the energy outputs that they represent, and destroying cities or mountains of different sizes, via different methods and timeframes, would give very different results, for example.
There's also the fact that sometimes you have an explicit output to an attack, which obviously does not require a calculation.
Yes, that can obviously be mentioned as an exception.

Since I have been invited, I'll present something (possibly) useful regarding some of the to-dos.
Thank yiu.
I agree. It should be noted that https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Roblox has similar situation and the final decision regarding Category:RPG Maker should be also applied to Category:Roblox too, though I don't know if there are any other similar categories.
I am inclined to agree with this.
Another situation is that there are more than one verses sharing with the same name.

For example, in Wikipedia, there are three films called "The Black Hole", two films called "Black Hole", two video games called "Black Hole", a video game called "Blackhole", a board game called "Black Hole", a comic called "Black Hole". Another example is Journey to the West, which can be used to refer any JttW adoptions with the same name. For both examples, it is clear that these verses are from different continuities.

Therefore, while "(Verse)" is fine for a verse which is highly unlikely to have another verse with the same name, another naming standard should be adopted. WP:TITLEDAB may be helpful, I suppose.
That is a good point. We would need to include some suggestions for how to distinguish such verses from each other by type or release date via extra parentheses. For example "Title Here (Anime)" and "Title Here (2018 Movie)", or similar.
I feel that names like "Black Heart, The" is preferred than names like "The Black Heart" in Knowledgeable Member List. It is only my opinion, though.
I disagree, as it would look rather awkward in my view. I think that it should be alphabetically indexed as "Black Heart", but written as "The Black Heart".

The category for that category should probably be changed to "Characters by Species" then the and description reworded a bit to make it clear that it is for creatures known as Doppelgangers.
That seems like an uncontroversial solution, yes.

I am afraid that I strongly disagree with this though, as it would be equivalent to allowing guesswork statistics, as our tier names do not particularly match the energy outputs that they represent, and destroying cities or mountains of different sizes, via different methods and timeframes, would give very different results, for example.
Yes but in my experience, that only ever goes higher, barely ever lower. Mountains are their own thing and you should not get 7-A for destroying a mountain unless it's noted to be very large (we have standards for that, which kinda serve as a precedent too) but almost all town/city/whatever-busting feats are going to end up higher than the tier indicating them.

So while I understand the issue, I think it's a much smaller evil to allow those kind of feats than ban them altogether, as it could lead to ridiculous situations such as a character with reliable, repeated "can destroy a city with a single attack" statements being rated "At least 9-B, likely far higher".

The absolute most I will concede to is calculations being created for generic "can destroy X" statements", but those would incur into their own problems, such as making various assumptions. It is doable, though, you'd just need to look up minimum or average size standards and then use a generic "ground blast" explosion calculation (which is what we already do for things such as our planet surface-wiping default calculation)

6) It seems very useful to add a "High Animalistic" definition to our Intelligence page for more intelligent animals.

8) Should Large Size type 11 be redefined?
4) With the way it is currently defined and the fact that it has only seven pages listed it does seem redundant to me. I don't mind it being changed to a category for a species but it should preferably have a reasonable amount of pages that qualify for the category and justify its existence.

5) Having an infinite amount of stamina seems like something that would work just fine to me, so I don't see an issue here though I wouldn't be opposed to a change if that is what people want.

6) I wouldn't mind that but we'd need a proper definition for that.

8) I guess it is a size for beings with Beyond-Dimensional Existence Type 2 with the current definition? Is this now a question that we need to discuss due to the changes to the Tiering System that make it so that being beyond dimensions in a verse doesn't necessarily mean that you are beyond dimensions in general?

Last edited:
For "High Animalistic", here's a quick back of the napkin draft:
  • Animals or other beings that showcase intelligence similar or superior to that of the world's most intelligent animals, such as dogs, cats, dolphins, elephants or parrots, but still inferior to that of a human of below average intellectual capacity.
This is assuming cats are the baseline here, given that they're to my knowledge considered to be the least smart among these animals, but are still a very clever animal that a lot of users are going to know decently well.

If I don't comment on specific point, just assume I don't have any strong opinions.
all of our members permanently need to stop inserting any categories whatsoever into sandboxes and any inappropriate categories into blog posts, as it greatly messes up our wiki's organisation structure by spamming our category lists with completely irrelevant additions, and takes me massive amounts of time to continuously vainly try to clean up.
Agreed. NNT has numerous outdated, debunked and/or antecedental calcs.

I do this by accident on sandboxes when I copy wiki pages, so I'll check through my own.
2) Our Enhanced Senses page needs to have sixth sense removed

3) Listing invulnerability as being limited is our standard approach when it is just invulnerability to certain things, not everything.

5) Should we change Infinite Stamina to Endless stamina
Agreed.
Does it always overlap with clones? If so, then I think clones should be the one getting axed, since you can have two identical characters simply by coincidence in fiction.
I think that's a little vague when you look at bird species, gorillas and dolphins. Maybe some real life classification like sapient, sentient, etc? But, overall, I'm mostly neutral, and either way is technically less vague than simply keeping the page as it is.
10) Should we insert a description for how to insert inter-wiki links into the Standard Format for Verse Pages page?
Definitely. I keep forgetting how to do that, and I've rarely seen a non-staff member use the alternative code.
14) We need to check through all our wiki verse pages and remove the listed members who have been inactive in our forum for more than a year, and do the same to our knowledgeable members lists.
Should I just immediately remove people like ZacharyGrossman and Zark? These accounts are irretrievable.

14) We need to check through all our wiki verse pages and remove the listed members who have been inactive in our forum for more than a year, and do the same to our knowledgeable members lists.
I actually thought about this rather recently, so I'll go through things again to keep them up to date.

I think we should. RPG Maker itself is not a verse from the looks of it but a platform that is used to create multiple verses.

I think that "(Verse)" should be the default, yeah. We'll have to look at spin-offs that warrant their own pages on a case-by-case basis.

If this is accepted, I can go through the verse pages that have (series) or (manga) in the title, and change them to (Verse).

1) Very good. I've been trying to apply this whenever I've come across sandboxes with categories, but some more awareness may make that simpler. Although, I've noticed some people getting confused about whether using the template for tiers counts as a violation of this or not, so you'd want to clear that up in your thread.
Using the tier templates is also inappropriate, yes. They should be inserted first when creating the pages.
2) Very good.
Thank you. I think that Damage took care of it.
3) Sounds reasonable and easy enough.
Thank you.
4) It doesn't quite seem redundant, but Promestein did take out a lot of categories like this, but I'm not sure exactly what her criteria was, so it's hard for me to make a judgement.
  • While Armorchompy has a point that Doppelgangers are creatures in mythology, I remember other similar categories getting removed (such as "Catgirls")
Okay.
5) While that would be nice in theory, it sounds like a massive pain to implement.
Okay. Never mind then.
6) That sounds like a very tough line to draw; it hits a combination of being quite narrow and ambiguous at the same time.
Well, I think that it is necessary to distinguish between clever cats and insects, for example. Help with succinctly defining this distinction with a brief text segment would be very appreciated.
7) It definitely shouldn't be considered a verse (as the category currently implies). It might be able to be turned into a Characters by Mediumsort of category, but I'm not sure if we'd want to divide up video game characters by engine like that.
  • I agree with Mariogoods that Roblox falls into a similar situation.
Agreed.
8) If you mean rewriting the definition to be more in line with current tiering standards, I'm not sure. If you mean drawing more distinctions after type 11 for higher tiers, that doesn't feel particularly important to me.
The former.
9) These sorts of pages being ordinarily accessible does seem slightly strange to me, since I wouldn't really want it popping up in the searchbar. But iirc there was a staff consensus for moving these to ordinary wiki pages to let them be edited by more people. If my memory is not failing me, this would be a good project to undertake.
Yes. Strongly agreed.
10) That sounds like a great idea.
Thank you. Would you be willing to handle it, Damage?
11) This feels like a restatement of #9; I hold the same view I did before.
Yes. My apologies. I seem to not have properly organised my points in this regard.
12) Understandable.
Thank you.
13) I don't hold a strong opinion on this, but the latter half feels like a restatement of #10.
Yes. Sorry. I wrote down most of these notes gradually over considerable time as I came to think of them.
14) I do have a bit of a soft spot for the wiki verse pages leaving inactive members. As a sort of wall that visitors pass by, scribble on, to remain permanently engraved in. But if the main function of those wants to be turned to gathering members for threads, I can solemnly accept that being the right call. For knowledgeable members go wild, clean that up.
Thank you. Our content moderators probably have to organise a project for it though.
15) Mostly seems like a good call. Only risk would be characters who have significantly large multipliers on ordinary/athletic/peak humans. Maybe something like "Characters with tiers between 9-A and 3-B are required to reach those tiers through accepted calculations and/or multipliers. These calculations can be specific to the feat, or standard calculations. The lower borders of 5-B, 4-C, 4-B, 4-A, 3-C, and 3-B can be considered calculations for destroying a planet, a star, a solar system, two or more solar systems, a galaxy, and two or more galaxies respectively."
Yes, expanding on the definition is obviously fine.
Armorchompy does bring up some points. I don't quite agree with the generic city/building-busting statements due to how much those can vary by method and what constructs are hit to cause that destruction, but stated joule values should be allowed without calculation.
Yes. Agreed.
16) Could you elaborate on this?
I mean that we currently use very incoherent punctuation standards depending on the section of each page. I do not suggest a massive wiki revision project, but maybe we could at least update our standard instructions to turn more logically coherent, and then let the change be applied gradually?
17) Somewhat feels like a matter of taste. I'm neutral on it.
Okay.
18) Template seems fine, but I'm not sure what utility the category has. At least until we could prevent certain pages from being visible until visitors declare that they're, say, over 18.
I suppose that is a valid point, and the exact line between all-ages and adult only entertainment can also be hard to define at times.
19) I know a fair few translators, but they're all too busy with other projects to listen to my requests, even ones as simple as translating a page of contents. I don't think they'd be of much help.
Okay. That is unfortunate.
20) This is something that needs to be discussed, but I don't particularly care which standard ends up being followed.
Okay. No problem.
21) I don't quite understand the issue here; your quotes don't have enough information about the particulars.
Sorry about that. I was in a bit of a hurry to release this thread.

I provided links for further information though.

@Antvasima; could you put a strike-line through topics in the OP that have been concluded as we go?
I am currently kept very busy responding here, and have a bit hard time keeping track, but I would appreciate if you edit the post on your own in this regard.

4) With the way it is currently defined and the fact that it has only seven pages listed it does seem redundant to me. I don't mind it being changed to a category for a species but it should preferably have a reasonable amount of pages that qualify for the category and justify its existence.
Okay. Thank you for the reply.
5) Having an infinite amount of stamina seems like something that would work just fine to me, so I don't see an issue here though I wouldn't be opposed to a change if that is what people want.
Yes. That suggestion can probably get a strikethrough line.
6) I wouldn't mind that but we'd need a proper definition for that.
Yes, agreed. As I mentioned earlier, suggestions for how to define High Animalistic intelligence would be very appreciated.
8) I guess it is a size for beings with Beyond-Dimensional Existence Type 2 with the current definition? Is this now a question that we need to discuss due to the changes to the Tiering System that make it so that being beyond dimensions in a verse doesn't necessarily mean that you are beyond dimensions in general?
I just checked the Large Size page, and it seems like the Type 11 definition has long since been updated from beyond-dimensional existence to not being accessible by stacking infinities on top of each other, so it should probanly be fine. Some entries in my to-do list are quite old at this point.

For "High Animalistic", here's a quick back of the napkin draft:
  • Animals or other beings that showcase intelligence similar or superior to that of the world's most intelligent animals, such as dogs, cats, dolphins, elephants or parrots, but still inferior to that of a human of below average intellectual capacity.
This is assuming cats are the baseline here, given that they're to my knowledge considered to be the least smart among these animals, but are still a very clever animal that a lot of users are going to know decently well.
If we change the wording from "world" to "real world", that seems like a good draft, but I would appreciate if somebody knowledgeable about real world animals, such as @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan , or somebody who simply investigates the intelligence sections of our real world animal pages a bit, would be willing to expand on it a bit regarding what kind of intelligence tasks they should be able to handle.

Just to make triple sure (being pernickety as I am), is it fine to get rid of these profiles from the Knowledgeable Members List if that rule is accepted? I can't see inactive tags, or anything (I assume they no longer exist).
I'll also make sure to stop spamming comments after this.

Last edited:
Hello.

Given that my continuous work to try to take care of this community has taken up so much of my time, my to-do list for it has unfortunately continuously grown as well.

As such, I would greatly appreciate help from our staff and honorary staff with providing input regarding, organising, and taking care of the following tasks, although I also have some additional ones that have to be handled in separate threads.

My apologies for the inconvenience, but all of this unfortunately has to be handled at some point, and I am tired of constantly pushing the task in question to be handled some time in the future.

1) I will hopefully soon create a double-highlighted news and announcements forum thread about that all of our members permanently need to stop inserting any categories whatsoever into sandboxes and any inappropriate categories into blog posts, as it greatly messes up our wiki's organisation structure by spamming our category lists with completely irrelevant additions, and takes me massive amounts of time to continuously vainly try to clean up.

I will then request help from our entire community with systematically removing inappropriate categories whenever they notice this problem, but in the meantime I would greatly appreciate help from our staff and honorary staff in this regard.

Take note that it is perfectly good to always use the "Blog posts" category for any type of blog post, that the "Calculations" category should be used for calculation blogs, and that the relevant verse categories should be used for officially accepted calculation or explanation blogs, so those categories should definitely NOT be removed.
I can try to find time to help out with this.

2) Our Enhanced Senses page needs to have sixth sense removed, as that is already listed under Extrasensory Perception.
I'm fine with the removal.
3) Listing invulnerability as being limited is our standard approach when it is just invulnerability to certain things, not everything. This should probably be noted in the page in question.
Fair enough.

I'm unsure.
I don't mind the change.

Okay. Thank you for the reply.

Yes. That suggestion can probably get a strikethrough line.

Yes, agreed. As I mentioned earlier, suggestions for how to define High Animalistic intelligence would be very appreciated.

I just checked the Large Size page, and it seems like the Type 11 definition has long since been updated from beyond-dimensional existence to not being accessible by stacking infinities on top of each other, so it should probanly be fine. Some entries in my to-do list are quite old at this point.
You're welcome.

Okay.

The definition for this would depend on where exactly we want to draw the line between animals that are merely Animalistic and those that are High Animalistic.

Okay.

Well, I think that it is necessary to distinguish between clever cats and insects, for example. Help with succinctly defining this distinction with a brief text segment would be very appreciated.

Ah, if it's more about pushing "animalistic" lower, to more be focused around insects and less complex animals, that sounds better. I was concerned that an intelligence rating for the 3 or 4 next-smartest species (or worse, if we took into account the genius-level equivalents of those species) could run into a very troublesome conflict with below average intelligence.

Yes. Strongly agreed.

Do you know if there's any code that could be added to those explanation pages to stop them from popping up in searches?

I mean that we currently use very incoherent punctuation standards depending on the section of each page. I do not suggest a massive wiki revision project, but maybe we could at least update our standard instructions to turn more logically coherent, and then let the change be applied gradually?

Yeah, I have noticed a few things like that, but they are hard to all grasp at once. I'd suggest having a thread where people can point out inconsistent grammar, a few people can discuss which way it should be standardized (or if to leave it up to the page's creator, such as is the case for spaces after asterisks), the page can be changed accordingly, and it can be gradually implemented.

I agree with Armor during number 15. Some characters are at least 9-B via being monsters who are much larger than various animals who are 9-B or being golems.

Also, Asura is correct, all users who have disabled their accounts, were inactive for over a year, or are permanently banned should have their names removed from both knowledgeable members as well as Supporters/Opponents/Neutral of any verse.

Also, in regards to naming procedures, (Verse) should be capitalized as does (Character).

I may have more input for the other points.

If I don't comment on specific point, just assume I don't have any strong opinions.
No problem. Thank you for helping out.
Agreed. NNT has numerous outdated, debunked and/or antecedental calcs.

I do this by accident on sandboxes when I copy wiki pages, so I'll check through my own.
Yes, I would greatly appreciate help from all our members to remove all tier categories, including tier templates, from all sandboxes, and from our administrators with removing irrelevant categories (described in my first post) from blog posts.
Thank you. Damage already updated our enhanced senses page, and endless stamina was deemed a bad idea though.

If one of our administrators wants to insert a brief note into our invulnerability page, that is probably a good idea though.
Does it always overlap with clones? If so, then I think clones should be the one getting axed, since you can have two identical characters simply by coincidence in fiction.
Clones is a more common and specific concept though. I think that we should keep the clones category.
I think that's a little vague when you look at bird species, gorillas and dolphins. Maybe some real life classification like sapient, sentient, etc? But, overall, I'm mostly neutral, and either way is technically less vague than simply keeping the page as it is.
Well, some of our real world animal pages already use High Animalistic, but if there are better real world terms available, I am obviously open for explained suggestions.
Definitely. I keep forgetting how to do that, and I've rarely seen a non-staff member use the alternative code.
Is somebody here willing to add a brief explanation for how to use inter-wiki linking code into our "standard format for verse pages" page?
Should I just immediately remove people like ZacharyGrossman and Zark? These accounts are irretrievable.
You can remove Zachary if you wish, but simply change the Zark links to Impress instead.

Yes, I would greatly appreciate help from all our members to remove all tier categories, including tier templates, from all sandboxes, and from our administrators with removing irrelevant categories (described in my first post) from blog posts.
Ok. I'll do what I can when I have time.
Clones is a more common and specific concept though. I think that we should keep the clones category.

Well, some of our real world animal pages already use High Animalistic, but if there are better real world terms available, I am obviously open for explained suggestions.
Ok.
You can remove Zachary if you wish, but simply change the Zark links to Impress instead.
Didn't know they were the same person. I'll make the changes.

Edit: Nvm on Zark. It was incorrectly redirecting me before. Now it's redirecting me to the correct page.

I think we should. RPG Maker itself is not a verse from the looks of it but a platform that is used to create multiple verses.
Yes. Agreed. Is somebody here with a mass-category editing script installed willing to handle it? You can use the autowikibrowser tool to first get an auto-generated list of intersections between the "RPG Maker" and "Characters" categories, and then copy-paste that into the mass-categorisation script.

Yes. Agreed. Is somebody here with a mass-category editing script installed willing to handle it? You can use the autowikibrowser tool to first get an auto-generated list of intersections between the "RPG Maker" and "Characters" categories, and then copy-paste that into the mass-categorisation script.
I can do that.

I've also put a couple strike-throughs in the OP so people don't need to respond to those points.

I think that "(Verse)" should be the default, yeah. We'll have to look at spin-offs that warrant their own pages on a case-by-case basis.

If this is accepted, I can go through the verse pages that have (series) or (manga) in the title, and change them to (Verse).
Thank you. I personally think that would be good. You are yet another awesome person here. Don't forget to redirect the old page titles to the new ones though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back