• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battles To-do list (Help greatly needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Task number 9 is a quite complicated project, so maybe we should move it to a separate staff forum thread instead? I vaguely recall that we already have such a thread though, but may misremember.

Task number 9 is a quite complicated project, so maybe we should move it to a separate staff forum thread instead? I vaguely recall that we already have such a thread though, but may misremember.
Staff thread? Why? It is wiki management purposes (otherwise I can't help since I have no comment permissions)

You are allowed to comment if you help out in an important manner, which you do here.

This is also a staff forum thread.

I meant that I vaguely recall that I or somebody else started such a spin-off thread already quite long ago, but may misremember.

I already compiled all the last to-do things in this post. Except for point 15, which was completed some time ago.

Further responses to my post are below.

What is currently left to do here?

The explanation page is in a separate thread.
11) I would greatly appreciate if any members who genuinely have a deep understanding of our tiering system write themselves down in our Knowledgeable Members List (Wiki Terminology) page.

13) We need to check through all our wiki verse pages and remove the listed members who have been inactive in our forum for more than a year, and do the same to our knowledgeable members lists.

19) There are many verses with inconsistent naming procedures.

A few examples:

We may need to decide on a more consistent system. "(Verse)" works in general for when a character is named the same thing, but if there are several spinoff continuities, the issue turns more complicated.
Those are remaining one

11) I would greatly appreciate if any members who genuinely have a deep understanding of our tiering system write themselves down in our Knowledgeable Members List (Wiki Terminology) page.
That's self-evident. I went ahead and wrote myself down for all four subcategories, but I don't see how this needs a dedicated project, so I hope we can resolve this right away.
13) We need to check through all our wiki verse pages and remove the listed members who have been inactive in our forum for more than a year, and do the same to our knowledgeable members lists.
Perhaps we could make a dedicated Wiki Management thread for that?
19) There are many verses with inconsistent naming procedures.

A few examples:

We may need to decide on a more consistent system. "(Verse)" works in general for when a character is named the same thing, but if there are several spinoff continuities, the issue turns more complicated.
That could use a separate staff thread, maybe?

That's self-evident. I went ahead and wrote myself down for all four subcategories, but I don't see how this needs a dedicated project, so I hope we can resolve this right away.
Yes. Good point.
Perhaps we could make a dedicated Wiki Management thread for that?

That could use a separate staff thread, maybe?
Well, maybe we could create a new staff forum thread for both of the two remaining projects (13 and 19) together, or should they be separated?

Two separate staff threads seems like a better idea in order to stay more task-focused.

For Number 13, we are waiting for the other CRT where we agreed to remove Supporters/Opponents/Neutral and replace it with Knowledgeable Members (Where it would result in the deletion of the Knowledgeable Members (Verses) page and the names from that page shifted to the verse page's Knowledgeable Members section)

Hmm. I am not sure if that approach is a good idea, given that our knowledgeable members lists would turn so small or often empty altogether, at least unless I launch continuous successful highlighted projects to get our members to write themselves down in all pages for verses that they are knowledgeable about.

Hmm. I am not sure if that approach is a good idea, given that our knowledgeable members lists would turn so small or often empty altogether, at least unless I launch continuous successful highlighted projects to get our members to write themselves down in all pages for verses that they are knowledgeable about.
It was your proposal actually, and LordTracer just basically said what needed to be said here.

Well, I think that my most recent view is to just merge all of the "Supporters", "Neutral", and "Opponents" sections into just "Knowledgeable Members", and remove the listed members who are inactive in our forum at the same time, but I may be mistaken, so we should probably ask Promestein for input there as well.

just to make sure

Antvasima said:
Well, maybe we could create a new staff forum thread for both of the two remaining projects (13 and 19) together, or should they be separated?
@Dereck03 @ImmortalDread @IdiosyncraticLawyer @Just_a_Random_Butler @Firestorm808 @Damage3245 @Just_a_Random_Butler
I'd rather have separate threads for those projects.

Wait, Ant, did you seriously just ping Butler twice?
You didn't know that there's two of me?

6446_smug.png

Yes, that seems like a good idea. Feel free to bring up the issue there.

No, I do not think so.

I will close this thread then. Thanks a lot to everybody who helped out here. 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back