• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adding the Standard Format for Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, one minor issue is that this team does not have a name, is something like "[Main Character]'s Team" acceptable?

I actually just realized that the team kinda contains some characters that can't have a profile by virtue of having no actual P&A, what do I do here lol

So the team's not valid to get a file :V

I'll probably make an MCU Avengers page as mockup

That's kind of a stupid restriction tbh. Like, if there's any non-combatant in a team, it just can't get a file? Seems like it would obstruct a bunch of stuff very arbitrarily

If you're not getting accounted altogether that's improper representation of the team on the wiki :V

... Alright, so brief description of what the teammate does, easy fix.

Well, I don't think that we need profile pages for ALL the members of large teams before such pages can be created.

But if members are left unaccounted that may leads to users making poor team pages :V

Yes, but we need to find some sort of balance here. For example, I think that there have been hundreds of members of the Avengers, X-Men, and possibly JLA. It is unreasonable to create pages for every single one of them first.

And we account for that by allowing for incarnations of the characters to be listed :V

I'll definitely not allow otherwise indexable characters to just be yadda-yadda'd for the purposes of making a team file, that'll just be lazy.

So literally any team that has like, a civilian in them, cannot have a profile? You do realize that this prevents shit like the Stardust Crusaders from having a profile?

And we account for that by allowing for incarnations of the characters to be listed :V

I'll definitely not allow otherwise indexable characters to just be yadda-yadda'd for the purposes of making a team file, that'll just be lazy.
Please elaborate/be more specific regarding what kind of solution that you advocate for here.

Please elaborate/be more specific regarding what kind of solution that you advocate for here.
That versions of Justice League, Avengers and X-Men can just be made for the rosters excluding unknown characters, which are classic incarnations of the team.

So do you consider it fine to create team pages despite that we do not have wiki profile ages for all of their members?

So do you consider it fine to create team pages despite that we do not have wiki profile ages for all of their members?
I consider it fine to create team pages for specific incarnations of the team, if other incarnations doesn’t have wiki profile pages for all of their members

So literally any team that has like, a civilian in them, cannot have a profile? You do realize that this prevents shit like the Stardust Crusaders from having a profile?
In hindsight I realized this may be too harsh, and as such I have made adjustments to the format to include this rule:
* In the scenario a few members of the team are inapplicable to receive a file due to being too mundane, the team profile can still be made with the file accounting their statistics and mechanics with respect to the entire team in the file itself

Alright. Will still probably have to make two more profiles for the sake of that team so I think you might need to find another example

I support this, allows a whole new realm for our vsbattles and allows team-based abilities already indexed on profiles to finally be used. Looking at the page, I don't think I really have any complaints to offer on it.

I am working on a BLU Team page as the example for the record, since I feel it represents nearly all the crucial aspects of the format while being easily doable.

Confluctor, DDM, Damage, Amelia, Prom, Ovens, Starter, Krukov, Elizhaa, Duedate and you have accepted it.

AKM had accepted it offsite, but not onsite yet.

Okay. Then it should be fine to apply. Thank you for helping out.

Done

Thank you for helping out.

I added your new page to our wiki navigation bar, and also took the opportunity to reorganise it, so we get far more room for including new important sections and pages:

I had requested for an example page. It looks good to me. Nice.

I also added a link to the new page to all of the other standard format pages.

Anyway, I will close this thread now then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back