• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VS Battles To-do list (Help greatly needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the reply.

Is somebody willing to give more specific help and input please?

No problem. I was mainly referring to other members helping us out.

Well, I am distracted by other work, both in this forum and IRL, at the moment, but I hope to return to the remaining tasks here later, and would still greatly appreciate organisation help.

9) The following category, and any other officially used explanation blogs, needs to be cleaned up, so only legimately accepted explanation pages are included, and the contents of them are moved from blogs to regular wiki pages:

In progress: https://vsbattles.com/threads/explanation-pages-reorganisation-important-help-needed.139846/

13) We need to check through all our wiki verse pages and remove the listed members who have been inactive in our forum for more than a year, and do the same to our knowledgeable members lists.

18) If anybody here knows people who are skilled in Japanese, can you please ask them if they are willing to sign up to this forum and help us out with our translations thread here?

19) There are many verses with inconsistent naming procedures.

A few examples:

We may need to decide on a more consistent system. "(Verse)" works in general for when a character is named the same thing, but if there are several spinoff continuities, the issue turns more complicated.
Here are our remaining tasks to do in this thread.

Would somebody be willing to help organise a new project thread for number 13 please?

Bump, is there anything to do here? I can lend some assistance here.
These seem to be our remaining tasks here:
9) The following category, and any other officially used explanation blogs, needs to be cleaned up, so only legimately accepted explanation pages are included, and the contents of them are moved from blogs to regular wiki pages:

In progress: https://vsbattles.com/threads/explanation-pages-reorganisation-important-help-needed.139846/

13) We need to check through all our wiki verse pages and remove the listed members who have been inactive in our forum for more than a year, and do the same to our knowledgeable members lists.

19) There are many verses with inconsistent naming procedures.

A few examples:

We may need to decide on a more consistent system. "(Verse)" works in general for when a character is named the same thing, but if there are several spinoff continuities, the issue turns more complicated.

Oh, then it is unfortunate. I could be a bit helpful if I pointed out which explanation pages are not valid and simply list it here? This could make staff members jobs easier?

Otherwise, if you don't want it, I am fine. Tho, I thought helping out with the tasks seems useful to the community and staff members.

No, I want your help. The problem is just that if I remember correctly, this involves organising the categorisation of blog posts in general, and only members with wiki administrator rights can do that.

Butler and Dereck received unofficial administrator rights in our wiki a while back, since none of our regular administrators seemed to be willing to regularly organise our blog post categories, whereas Dereck and Butler are dedicated in this regard.

I'll look into Task 19 later today, see which obvious pages can be renamed without issue.

Alright, those pages should not have any category since they already received their official pages: @Just_a_Random_Butler

Blog PagesExplanation Pages
Omnipotence blog page by Kevyn S. de Andrade
Imm Speed Blog page by Vietthai96
Dragon Ball Xenoverse & Heroes Feats and Statements Compilation by Vietthai96
Unsong Cosmology Blog by @Ultima_Reality
Fundamental Concept and Information in Dragon Ball by Vietthai96is not linked to any verse page, seems not evaulated?

I quoted them in my very recent post above.

Oh, those are topics I am not particularly well versed in. Not sure if I'd be help for those explanation blogs.

Task number 13 perhaps? You should only remove members listed in our verse pages that have been inactive in both our wiki and forum for over a year though, and some of them also need to have their usernames updated due to changes.

@Dereck03 can probably give you further instructions.

Sure, I will wait for preferred instructions, and after that I will start!
Should I send logs/reports here? I could do it here or in a sandbox and list my actions/logs/reports there!

It is probably better if you simply start a private message thread with Dereck03 and Just_a_Random_Butler, and keep them updated there, so they can give you instructions and check that you are doing things right and focus on verse pages that they have not handled already.

It is probably better if you simply start a private message thread with Dereck03 and Just_a_Random_Butler, and keep them updated there, so they can give you instructions and check that you are doing things right and focus on verse pages that they have not handled already.
Alright, seems a great idea! Thanks for suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back