• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CRIMPSUMPSKI2

He/Him
As a follow up to this thread, which received unanimous agreement from staff and layman alike, I decided to revise the AP blog using many new statements and lines of scaling. The key changes are as follows:

I have yet to do the scaling for the Garlic Jr. arc as I do not remember it very well, but from what I've heard from @pineappleman, its higher tiers should scale to about 2x to 20x above the Garlic Jr. feat.

If anything gets rejected or if something new gets brought to my attention, I'll edit the blog accordingly. Please make sure to read the entire blog before commenting.

Agree: @TheGreatBanana, @LuffyRuffy46307, @TiltedFN, @ShakeResounding, @Ednaxel2, @LordGriffin1000, @MrHazama, @Huesito88, @Serlock_Holmes, @TheGodOfICE777, @XXBenShapiroXx, @Planck69, @LephyrTheRevanchist, @UchihaSlayer96, @Nierre, @SSJGeminiJJ
Neutral:
Disagree:
@Nullflowerblush (With using SEG and DBF multipliers)

Last edited:
Who would have thought that Frieza leaving a hole in space would be higher than his blast enveloping a large as a significant portion of a galaxy lol
Looks alright at a glance, you forgot Zarbon's multiplier which would increase all values after his appearence, but ye

• Saiyan and Namek Sagas get huge multiplier changes and backscaling due to several statements from Dragon Ball Forever and the Super Exciting Guide.
Not particularly a fan. Mainly because FOREVER and the Super Exciting Guide are companion pieces for the kanzenban manga re-release.

SEG does lift some information from the anime iirc (AxB Fusion)
This information originated in the TV anime?
I mean, the anime is primarily an adaptation, don't see why those statements also wouldn't apply to the anime
Because the TV anime is its own continuity? The Daizenshuu? Sure; the Daizenshuu is a Dragon Ball Encyclopedia and covers everything from the manga, to the TV anime, to the films. But again, DRAGON BALL FOREVER and the Super Exciting Guide are explicitly kanzenban guides.

The TV anime may be an adaptation of the original series, but never has the TV anime been an adaptation of the manga's supplementary material, nor does being an adaptation entail anything besides being an adaptation.

Because the TV anime is its own continuity? The Daizenshuu? Sure; the Daizenshuu is a Dragon Ball Encyclopedia and covers everything from the manga, to the TV anime, to the films. But again, DRAGON BALL FOREVER and the Super Exciting Guide are explicitly kanzenban guides.

The TV anime may be an adaptation of the original series, but never has the TV anime been an adaptation of the manga's supplementary material, nor does being an adaptation entail anything besides being an adaptation.
I don't agree with that. Info should be carried from the manga except if contradicted.

kFrtcWv.png

Yep, uses nearly the exact same wording as the SEG one too.

Different continuity or not, we literally use the Toei Cosmology to give DBS 2-C ratings because Toriyama directly overlooked the anime and gives Toei the thumbs up,
And I think the main reason why the DB FOREVER multipliers are taken as gospel because Toriyama approved them,
So you know

Different continuity or not, we literally use the Toei Cosmology to give DBS 2-C ratings because Toriyama directly overlooked the anime and gives Toei the thumbs up,
Wait a second, why is this relevant?

Y extending into X does not mean X extends into Y. Is there any proof that Toei looked over FOREVER and signed off on its inclusion?

Why, though? The TV anime is not carrying over from the manga, the TV anime is adapting the manga's story.
As a matter of fact, the TV anime is the sequel to the original Dragon Ball anime. It exists within its own continuity, by itself.
The anime may be treated as its own continuity due to things like GT, but it's never talked about that way by any secondary material. From the Daizenshuu, to the Dragon Boxes, and some interviews, all of them treat the anime as just "the Original Story (manga) + other stuff"

Given how Toriyama has had quite a bit of involvement with the anime (in the early Saiyan arc especially), it seems pretty clear to me that the anime is not viewed as some Toei-only enterprise that's completely isolated from the manga, but rather as a partner to the manga, "Two hearts beating as one," both expanding upon each other and borrowing from one-another.

From what I can tell, the anime is viewed closer to a sort of "Manga+", and therefore applying statements from manga-only guides that could apply to both of them due to their shared storyline is valid imo.

Last edited:
The anime may be treated as its own continuity due to things like GT, but it's never talked about that way by any secondary material. From the Daizenshuu, to the Dragon Boxes, and some interviews, all of them treat the anime as just "the Original Story (manga) + other stuff"

Given how Toriyama has had quite a bit of involvement with the anime (in the early Saiyan arc especially), it seems pretty clear to me that the anime is not viewed as some Toei-only enterprise that's completely isolated from the manga, but rather as a partner to the manga, "Two hearts beating as one," both expanding upon each other and borrowing from one-another.

From what I can tell, the anime is viewed closer to a sort of "Manga+", and therefore applying statements from manga-only guides that could apply to both of them due to their shared storyline is valid imo.
Mfer cooked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back