• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Super Holy Water (Dragon Ball)

Status
Not open for further replies.
XPrlaZe.png

Introduction

In DB:89 • "A Drink of Water", Karin reveals to Goku that the Super Holy Water he had spent three days attempting to attain was regular water, and that by struggling for three days, he had managed to increase his strength by "many-fold" or "many times".

In the English language, "several" is typically regarded as meaning 3-5, and "many" is even greater.

According to this thread on the Kanzenshuu forums, the kanji used in the original Japanese dialogue is "nanbai" (何倍), which literally translates into "manyfold".

Japanese translator, speaker, and current resident Cipher (@Cipher_db) clarifies, though, 何倍 "[implies] 'more than twice as much,' but since strength doesn't really work that way (like, maybe someone could lift twice the weight someone else can, or run twice as fast, but without quantifiables like that, what does it really mean?) ... I'd hesitate to it's meant to be that literal or exact a statement". However, given the context of the usage of the word (i.e., Karin comparing the Goku of today to the Goku of three days ago), the kanji is very likely to be taken literally; its usage can be applied to quantify the difference between the Goku of today and the Goku of three days ago.

"Is the multiplier reliable?"

Yes.

Results

"How does this affect the scaling chain?"

Red Ribbon Army Saga Goku currently scales to >
4.05672571568 Tons.
Low-balling with x3 buffs Commander Red Saga Goku to >12.1701771 Tons.
High-balling with x5 buffs Goku to >20.2836286 Tons.

This affects:

Additionally, Pre-Dragon Ball Great Ape Goku scales to Grandpa Gohan. As such, Pilaf Saga Goku scales to >1.21701771 Tons to >2.02836286 Tons.

This affects:

• Every relevant character

Last edited:
Agree. Looks good to me. Usually when I use those statements, I go for the lowball, so 3x is fine with me.

Makes sense, don't see nothing wrong with that.
I agree with the 3x times.

Last edited:
Yeah, with all this added info and statements, this seems pretty irrefutable. The low ball is definitely a safe play.

Would prefer 5x since that would make more sense given the words used, and add more impact to Goku almost ******* dying, but I'll settle for 3x.

We already use that for G4 Luffy having a 4x multiplier.

Several = 3x, Many = 4x.
I'm not really a fan of the "one person is doing it, so we should do it for the others". However, if overwhelming majority thought "many" should be at least 4x then I'm fine with it. I'd just prefer 3x until otherwise.

I'm not really a fan of the "one person is doing it, so we should do it for the others". However, if overwhelming majority thought "many" should be at least 4x then I'm fine with it. I'd just prefer 3x until otherwise.
I think many should be 4x, as several makes more sense if its a 3x multiplier

I'm sticking with 3x for now, but if more staff votes for 4x then I won't complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back