• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 2-C Deadzone upgrade

Hello all, back again for another major upgrade. This thread's goal was to upgrade the dead zone to 4-A, due to being stated to have the capability to absorb two 4-A realms, and was thus upgraded in the process. I'm here to explain why he dead zone actually scale much higher than this and could bump up our characters a lot more, lets begin:

Here is a simple explanation of what the dead zone actually is from the guidebooks. It's described as an actual space which sucks in everything, including entire spacetimes, as well as freezing your body and soul. So it is not only a blackhole, but is an entire giant separate spacetime that can also absorb other spacetimes inside of it. Now here's where it gets crazy, the dead zone was actually stated to be infinite in size.

The raw kanji is right here: この無限地獄で己の愚かさを後悔しろ= "Regret your foolishness in this infinite hell". You can also hear garlic jr say "mugen" in the video as well, so there shouldn't be any problems here. Now for the interpretation, garlic jr says to regret their decisions in the infinite hell known as the dead zone. Now I know some people will try to say, "well this could easily mean endless or infinite suffering". Well this isn't really the case here because the dead zone freezes your body and soul, so one could argue that you wouldn't really suffer at all to begin with, just slowly stay frozen until you eventually die out. And the kanji is, "無限" which literally means infinity (which in this context refers to the dead zones size). Garlic jr also said this in a way to where he is most likely talking about the dead zone itself being infinite in size. We know garlic jr also refers to the dead zone as being a hell, so "infinite hell" most likely is referring to the dead zone itself, and is not some poetic or hyperbolic way to say endless suffering, because eventually, those sucked in, like Goku and co will die in the dead zone, as even stated by garlic jr. So I think it can undoubtedly be referred to as being an infinite space in the most literal sense.

I put in more examples in the imgur link of garlic jr describing the dead zone as a "hell" while actually telling us characteristics about the dead zone also, he says in the movie that it's a "hell of darkness". Which is no different from garlic jr telling us it's an "infinite hell". Hell is just what he calls the dead zone sometimes, while actually giving us more characteristics of it. So it being infinite would prove to hold more validity now, and not just talking about "endless suffering" or something of the sorts. Also it can still be both infinite and a place of suffering, it doesn't inherently disprove the dead zone being infinite. As "hell" itself is commonly used to describe a place or realm of suffering and despair, but like I said before, garlic jr combines the word "hell" with actual characteristics of the dead zone, like it being total darkness, or being infinite. Hell could also just be used to describe an unpleasant place or a place of turmoil since it's literally just a black void that showed garlic jr just free falling for who knows how long. Garlic jrs saying of it being a hell of darkness is in the most literal sense. So its likely it being infinite is also literal.

This would obviously upgrade garlic jr to low 2-C for creating a spacetime continuum that is infinite in size, and its already accepted he scales to this anyway so this shouldn't be a problem. Now is also best to bring up how garlic jr should get soul manipulation + status effect inducement with the dead zone, since it is stated to freeze your body and soul. Here is the site with all the transcripts.

Agree:

Neutral:

Disagree: Lonkitt, Maverick_Zero_X, LordGriffin1000 (agrees with soul manip)

Last edited:
If I am not wrong we consider garlic jr canon to toei right doesn't this mean every one would be low 2c also wouldn't this add as an additional space time if this gets accepted

I will accept if only them bois don't scale to it

Holy shit infinite AP Kid Gohan is nutz to think about and i won't buy into it no matter what

its basically what the subtitles say for the video, but actually uses infinite, only difference
without the so called transcript to see the kanji used, the "mugen" we hear might as well be the 夢幻 one, which means "dream" instead of "infinite"

Which in thia case would mean that Garlic jr is saying that it is a "hell dream"/nightmare, as in "a bad horrible situation", which would fit in the context of him threatening them

Just link the transcript there and everything i just said becomes irrelevant, really, it costs nothing

without the so called transcript to see the kanji used, the "mugen" we hear might as well be the 夢幻 one, which means "dream" instead of "infinite"

Which in thia case would mean that Garlic jr is saying that it is a "hell dream"/nightmare, as in "a bad horrible situation", which would fit in the context of him threatening them

Just link the transcript there and everything i just said becomes irrelevant, really, it costs nothing
oh my gosh fine, since you clearly don't believe me, ill put it in the OP, even though you have to download the files anyway.

Unfortunately I’m going to have to disagree. Garlic Jr’s “infinite hell” statement is most definitely just him gassing up the power of the Deadzone and isn’t an actual indicator of it being infinite in size

Unfortunately I’m going to have to disagree. Garlic Jr’s “infinite hell” statement is most definitely just him gassing up the power of the Deadzone and isn’t an actual indicator of it being infinite in size
He also describes characteristics of it while also calling it a hell, like it being a hell of darkness and so on, so I don't think he was hyping it up. Also since he created it, we can assume he knows the details about it also, since he called it a hell of darkness before even actually going into it. Along with the fact it can absorb entire spacetime continuums and garlic jr clearly knows what it can do since he was the one who created it in the first place, and we was literally trapped inside of it.

Last edited:
He also describes characteristics of it while also calling it a hell, like it being a hell of darkness and so on, so I don't think he was hyping it up. Also since he created it, we can assume he knows the details about it also, since he called it a hell of darkness before even actually going into it.
You can gass up Something You know details of. I am confused why that part a argument

He also describes characteristics of it while also calling it a hell, like it being a hell of darkness and so on, so I don't think he was hyping it up. Also since he created it, we can assume he knows the details about it also, since he called it a hell of darkness before even actually going into it. Along with the fact it can absorb entire spacetime continuums and garlic jr clearly knows what it can do since he was the one who created it in the first place, and we was literally trapped inside of it.
Sorry, but calling it a hell isn’t enough for Low 2-C here. Hell is used to describe a lot of things, but it ain’t surefire proof. Calling it an infinite hell was obviously referring to how whoever gets trapped into the Deadzone tends to be trapped in there forever. People seem to be ignoring context and wording here

My disagreement remains the same

Sorry, but calling it a hell isn’t enough for Low 2-C here.
what? It's not just that hes calling it a hell.
Hell is used to describe a lot of things, but it ain’t surefire proof.
I literally put in the OP multiple different ways hell can be described
Calling it an infinite hell was obviously referring to how whoever gets trapped into the Deadzone tends to be trapped in there forever. People seem to be ignoring context and wording here
You don't really get trapped in there forever, you will eventually die out just like garlic jr said. He clearly describes the deadzone as a hell and calls it infinite straight up.

what? It's not just that hes calling it a hell.
I’m aware
I literally put in the OP multiple different ways hell can be described
Based on how Garlic Jr. phrased it, he absolutely didn’t mean it like a Low 2-C sized universe. If someone describes being in a place as an “infinite hell”, they’re obviously referring to how terrible it would be to remain within the place. Using infinite hell as a justification here is a stretch by bounds and miles

You don't really get trapped in there forever, you will eventually die out just like garlic jr said. He clearly describes the deadzone as a hell and calls it infinite straight up.
Of course you’d eventually die….because you’d be trapped forever unless you can find some way to get out. I’m aware of how dying due to lack of sustenance functions

Once again, my disagreement is remaining a disagreement

You can gass up Something You know details of. I am confused why that part a argument
Exactly, he clearly just straight up calls it infinite so i don't see the problem, especially since he as inside of it for a while, and has accurately described it before.

Can't you say that for a lot of things? Frieza goes from like planet-star to multi solar system level in a couple episodes.
Planet to Star to Solar System is immensely more believable than Moon/Planet to Universe+.
there are multiple universal statements for frieza and cell also.
All of them are clearly reffered to them doing that overtime. Remember that Kid Buu upgrade that went wrong? Good, this is the same.

Back