• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"I am so fond of beauty" (Dragon Ball)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Introduction

In DBZ:69 • "Zarbon's True Power", Zarbon reveals to Vegeta that, like Saiyans, he, too, is a "transforming-type" alien, exchanging his beauty for ugliness derived from strength. DRAGON BALL FOREVER explains that when he transforms, "[his] strength and speed jumps several times".

"Shù bèi" (數倍) translates into "several times".
In the English language, "several" is typically regarded as meaning 3-5.

Additionally, the El Manga Legendario asserts that "[Vegeta] failed to calculate the increase in strength when Zarbon transformed". Given that Vegeta is fully aware of Goku's Kaio-ken x4 and the Saiyans's Great Ape form, and that Vegeta and Zarbon directly compared the form to the Great Ape, this could possibly be a 10x multiplier.

"Is the multiplier reliable?"

Aside from random databook statements of "dramatically powering up" or his "battle power increasing greatly", both interpretations are largely isolated dialogue. However, Zarbon going from being effortlessly humiliated, even having his Elegant Blaster deflected, and being utterly reduced to helplessness, even being statued, by Vegeta to effortlessly manhandling Vegeta, even after releasing his full power, and beating the Saiyan within inches of his life should be proof enough of the multiplier being reliable.

That, and Vegeta is clearly taken aback by Zarbon's increase in strength, which lends credence to the statement from the El Manga Legendario.
And, bulking up is shown time and time again to exponentially increase strength, like with Third Grade Super Saiyan.
And, in the Super manga, Saganbo remarks that Yuzun, of Zarbon's race, was expected to be "unbeatable" transformed.

Results?

Monster Zarbon is upgraded from >59.44 Zettatons to either >178.32 Zettatons or >594.4 Zettatons. If the 10x end is accepted, then his speed increases to 16.2c, which is FTL+. This affects every relevant character from post-2nd Zenkai Vegeta onward. (Which, low-key, only means the Ginyu Force.)

Last edited:
Probably not a good idea to have too many CRT's going on at the same time. Could've waited till the previous one was done.

But yeah, I think this is fine as a 3x multiplier for Zarbon.

This would affect the Toei stuff more than the canon stuff, at least until we make Namek Saga Goku x10 his Saiyan Saga counterpart

This makes sense but i'll wait for other opinions before i say anything. I agree so far though.

Ok, i was looking at the AP blog in the verse page to see who would scale to this upgrade. So far i counted Second Zenkai Vegeta, Nail, Monster Zarbon, most of the Ginyu Force (excluding Guldo) and maybe KKx4 Goku.

I think I'm sticking with the 3x end. Zarbon doesn't say the strength increase he gets from his transformation is exactly the same as the Great Ape form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back