• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 2-C Deadzone upgrade

My issue isn’t with the term infinite. I heard “mugen”, I know it was said. But when you examine the context, Garlic Jr’s use of “infinite hell” is not at all a strong argument for Low 2-C. People are also referring to how, surprise surprise, being trapped in a hellscape without food or water will result in your death. Not exactly news of the year
so what else could he be describing using the term Mugen if it were not the vastness of the deadzone

so what else could he be describing using the term Mugen if it were not the vastness of the deadzone
Infinite is obviously referring how they’d be stuck in there forever. Hell is referring to how being in the Deadzone would obviously be a terrible experience. “Infinite hell” isn’t a new phrase, people use it all the time to describe a lot of stuff that isn’t Low 2-C sized realms

Believe it or not, infinite doesn’t have to always refer to something actually being infinite

Infinite is obviously referring how they’d be stuck in there forever. Hell is referring to how being in the Deadzone would obviously be a terrible experience. “Infinite hell” isn’t a new phrase, people use it all the time to describe a lot of stuff that isn’t Low 2-C sized realms

Believe it or not, infinite doesn’t have to always refer to something actually being infinite
Well this isn't really the case here because the dead zone freezes your body and soul, so one could argue that you wouldn't really suffer at all to begin with, just slowly stay frozen until you eventually die out. And the kanji is, "無限" which literally means infinity (which in this context refers to the dead zones size).

They wouldn't be stuck in there forever though, its stated they would just die. So is it being a "hell of darkness" also not true?

They wouldn't be stuck in there forever though, it’s stated they would just die. So is it being a "hell of darkness" also not true?
Again….ignoring the context

Garlic Jr was using the term infinite hell to refer to how they would be stuck in their forever. That much is true, that can’t escape by conventional means. Just because they die there doesn’t mean it’s false

People here are essentially stonewalling a very obvious metaphor used by Garlic Jr and twisting it into Low 2-C. Sometimes the most simple/obvious explanation is the truest, and in that case, it sure as hell isn’t Garlic Jr calling the realm infinite

either way the means of them being stuck in there forever is Soul Manipulation so I can agree to the possible context of trapped until death but Soul Manip clearly seems to be the means

People here are essentially stonewalling a very obvious metaphor used by Garlic Jr and twisting it into Low 2-C. Sometimes the most simple/obvious explanation is the truest, and in that case, it sure as hell isn’t Garlic Jr calling the realm infinite
You didn't answer my question, is garlic jr calling it, "a hell of darkness" not true?

Hell of darkness is a statement with no weight carried to it. It doesn’t suggest anything Tier 2, let alone Tier 3
I'm saying this because he literally describes the deadzone as a hell of darkness, and an infinite hell. Hell in and of itself means an unpleasant place of whatever you want to call it, but he's adding context before it to describe it.

I'm saying this because he literally describes the deadzone as a hell of darkness, and an infinite hell. Hell in and of itself means an unpleasant place of whatever you want to call it, but he's adding context before it to describe it.
That….doesn’t support your argument. Fun fact, you can have a pocket dimension the size of a house and it could be pitch black. Doesn’t change anything

And we’ve described what both of these statements mean. Definitely nothing that suggests 3-A/High 3-A/Low 2-C

Again….ignoring the context

Garlic Jr was using the term infinite hell to refer to how they would be stuck in their forever. That much is true, that can’t escape by conventional means. Just because they die there doesn’t mean it’s false
Isn't 'Mugen' never used in the context of time? Wouldn't 'Eien' be used if that was the case?

It's the difference in saying 'Get stuck in this infinite hell' and 'Get stuck in this hell forever'. They do not have the same meaning, if you ask me.

Alright Alright lets be civil yall clearly we are getting no where with the Low 2-C stuff and quite frankly there isn't enough to go off of to die on that hill

Lets focus on the Soul Manipulation + Status Effect Inducement

Isn't 'Mugen' never used in the context of time? Wouldn't 'Eien' be used if that was the case?

It's the difference in saying 'Get stuck in this infinite hell' and 'Get stuck in this hell forever'. They do not have the same meaning, if you ask me.
If I can get a response to this, I'd be satisfied

Cool. Still doesn’t make it Low 2-C

Calling the realm dark doesn’t do anything for the size
Lmao who said calling the realm dark determines its size? What i'm saying is that garlic jr clearly calls it a hell while describing, saying its dark, and saying its infinite. He's saying the characteristics of it verbatim.

Not quite. Although what you’re saying isn’t untrue, its the same case is English. Infinite isn’t a word generally meant in regards to time, yet we often use it in that regard. Given the context of Garlic Jr’s statement, we know he isn’t talking about the size and is referring to time

Lmao who said calling the realm dark determines its size? What i'm saying is that garlic jr clearly calls it a hell while describing, saying its dark, and saying its infinite. He's saying the characteristics of it verbatim.
Cool. Still doesn’t support Low 2-C

I’m done talking about this

Infinite isn’t a word generally meant in regards to time, yet we often use it in that regard. Given the context of Garlic Jr’s statement, we know he isn’t talking about the size and is referring to time
To my knowledge, the most direct translation of 'Mugen' in English would be 'unlimited', which unlike Infinite makes absolutely no sense to mean time in this particular scenario and context.
Do you think it'd be a good idea to get a translator's point of view on this subject before going further?

Not quite. Although what you’re saying isn’t untrue, its the same case is English. Infinite isn’t a word generally meant in regards to time, yet we often use it in that regard. Given the context of Garlic Jr’s statement, we know he isn’t talking about the size and is referring to time

Cool. Still doesn’t support Low 2-C

I’m done talking about this
Alright Alright lets be civil yall clearly we are getting no where with the Low 2-C stuff and quite frankly there isn't enough to go off of to die on that hill

Lets focus on the Soul Manipulation + Status Effect Inducement
thoughts?

To my knowledge, the most direct translation of 'Mugen' in English would be 'unlimited', which unlike Infinite makes absolutely no sense to mean time in this particular scenario and context.
Do you think it'd be a good idea to get a translator's point of view on this subject before going further?
Honestly? No. It’s not that deep. We know what context Garlic Jr meant, it’s just not obvious to everyone, apparently

Honestly? No. It’s not that deep. We know what context Garlic Jr meant, it’s just not obvious to everyone, apparently
Bruh what? So you are just going to disregard it completely? "
We know what context Garlic Jr meant"
Well maybe in your point of view, we still have people, including me who are arguing this point, so stop acting like its the end all be all.

Back