• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Z (Toei) Upgrade: The Meta Shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.
For as long as I can remember, mid-DBZ Toei scaling has felt gimped. The characters remain around the Low to High 4-C mark from the end of the Saiyan saga all the way to the end of the Cell saga; a shocking contrast to the typical power jumps you'd come to expect from the anime. This all stems however from the infamous 4-B~4-A Namek calcs, that are currently seen as outliers on this wiki despite certain evidence suggesting otherwise.

Base Namek Goku displaying 4-B range:
RPReplay_Final1692731327_1.gif

The official Toei website summary confirming the Namek explosion feat and disproving that it was an animation error as some would claim:
Screenshot_212.png

平和に戻った世界。マロンの買い物につき合わされていたクリリンは、ウェディングドレスに憧れるマ ロンの姿を見て、プロポーズを決意する。1000歳の誕生日を迎えたウミガメから、伝説の真珠"マーメイドの涙"の話を聞いた彼は、悟飯と共に海底に向かう。しかし、マーメイドの涙は魚たちの大切な宝物だった...。 みるも、宇宙船は故障。フリーザを倒し宇宙最強の戦士となった悟空は為すすべもなく、銀河に一筋の閃光を放ったナメック星とともに消滅してしまうのだった…。
With the world at peace once more. Krillin who has been accompanying Maron on her shopping spree, sees Maron admiring a wedding dress, and decides that he wants to propose to her. Sea Turtle while celebrating his 1,000th birthday tells him about a legendary pearl called the "Mermaid's Tears," and so heads to the bottom of the sea with Gohan. However, the Mermaid's Tears is a precious treasure of the fishes... Terribly, the spaceship malfunctions. Goku, who had defeated Freeza and become the strongest warrior in the Universe, was helpless, and disappears along with Planet Namek that unleashes a flash of light across the Galaxy....
And this shot, showing the clear 4-A destruction left behind by Namek's explosion (On some Cosmic Garou shit):
Screenshot_195.png

But alas, this isn't what this thread is all about. Today I'm here to prove that these feats aren't outliers, for they are replicated and arguably even overshadowed in the very next arc. It just might not be the arc that came to your mind, though.

675228.jpg

In the closing episodes of the Garlic Jr. arc, it's revealed that within the inside of the Lookout is another realm, known as the Heavenly Realm. Here we have Kami and Mr. Popo traveling through it once Piccolo frees them from Garlic Jr's sealing.
Screenshot_180.png

Screenshot_179.png

Screenshot_181.png

Screenshot_182.png

As you can see, this realm is easily and without doubt 4-A. It is only once they travel through the Heavenly Realm do they reach the gate to the Shinsenkai, otherwise known as the Divine Sage Realm. This is the place where the previous Kamis are buried, and for that reason it is extremely sacred.

Screenshot_196.png

Screenshot_197.png

Screenshot_198.png

While at first I had thought that this realm didn't matter much since it's background made it's size unquantifiable, within the next episode and once Kami and Popo move further into the Realm shattering literal barriers along the way and facing off against the ghosts of the previous Kamis, this haze clears up and shows us what lays beyond.
Screenshot_189.png

Screenshot_199.png

Screenshot_184.png

Within this at minimum 4-A realm, is yet another at minimum 4-A realm.

And now, the kicker you've all been waiting for!
Screenshot_201.png
Screenshot_202.png

Screenshot_185.png
Screenshot_203.png

Screenshot_200.png

Your eyes aren't deceiving you.
That's Garlic ************* Junior, destroying the two realms with the Dead Zone that he scales to. Not only that, the Dead Zone is reaching Kami and Popo who are TWO REALMS DEEP! This is flat out an interdimensional attack. All of a sudden, the start of this Daizenshuu statement doesn't seem to be that much of a hyperbole now, does it?
39bk56g1zwm91.jpg

Let it be absolutely clear that that the Dead Zone is created by him, and that it is already accepted that he directly scales to it in this wiki.

So, the final important question. Who scales to him?
Find out the answer below, I reached the image limit.

Last edited:
1. Why didn't you upload this using Imgur?

2. The scan for the website addresses (Am I missing it somehow?) the Planet Namek explosion not the animation thing for base Goku or were you referring to the Namek Explosion? (I haven't seen someone here try to claim Namek's exploding and the flash was a animation thing only)

"平和に戻った世界。マロンの買い物につき合わされていたクリリンは、ウェディングドレスに憧れるマ ロンの姿を見て、プロポーズを決意する。1000歳の誕生日を迎えたウミガメから、伝説の真珠"マーメイドの涙"の話を聞いた彼は、悟飯と共に海底に向かう。しかし、マーメイドの涙は魚たちの大切な宝物だった...。 みるも、宇宙船は故障。フリーザを倒し宇宙最強の戦士となった悟空は為すすべもなく、銀河に一筋の閃光を放ったナメック星とともに消滅してしまうのだった…。
With the world at peace once more. Krillin who has been accompanying Maron on her shopping spree, sees Maron admiring a wedding dress, and decides that he wants to propose to her. Sea Turtle while celebrating his 1,000th birthday tells him about a legendary pearl called the "Mermaid's Tears," and so heads to the bottom of the sea with Gohan. However, the Mermaid's Tears is a precious treasure of the fishes... Terribly, the spaceship malfunctions. Goku, who had defeated Freeza and become the strongest warrior in the Universe, was helpless, and disappears along with Planet Namek that unleashes a flash of light across the Galaxy...."

1. Why didn't you upload this using Imgur?
I just find doing it like this to be easier, to be honest. I hate having to click links to fetch scans, half of the links end up dead/dying anyways I've noticed
2. The scan for the website addresses (Am I missing it somehow?) the Planet Namek explosion not the animation thing for base Goku or were you referring to the Namek Explosion? (I haven't seen someone here try to claim Namek's exploding and the flash was a animation thing only)
The website quote is for the Namek explosion, yeah. I have heard someone claim that the animation staff was just unaware of how big they made the explosion's scale look before, so I wanted to highlight that the scan proves it was a multi solar system level explosion intentionally.

Garlic Jr. is stronger than Nail-Piccolo, Toei Krillin can just kinda reach busted levels of power with his Ki techniques
But yeah, Frieza's big portion of galaxy-nuke should work with Garlic Jr.'s thing being supporting evidence
Krillin specifically knocks down Garlic Jr. flat on the ground with a physical hit, actually. He was actually mad goated this fight, and he tanked one of Garlic Jr's ki attacks at the very end in order for Gohan to blow up the Makyo Star
Here's the aftermath of this kick
Screenshot_213.png

Krillin specifically knocks down Garlic Jr. flat on the ground with a physical hit, actually. He was actually mad goated this fight, and he tanked one of Garlic Jr's ki attacks at the very end in order for Gohan to blow up the Makyo Star
Krillin was getting stomped by Base Garlic Jr. and his minions tho
He also doesn't have Gohan's rage boost thing to explain it.
Maybe if lad ever gets a profile, we'd list him as "At least 4-C to 4-A"?

Agree with the general 4-A upgrades. Disagree with Krillin scaling to 4-A since him getting beaten by base Garlic Jr and then knocking back his vastly more powerful form that got even more powerful overtime seems inconsistent, especially since Gohan wasn't even able to make Super Garlic Jr flinch with his punches, implying that Krillin > Gohan. I'd put it in the same box as Krillin headbutting Imperfect Cell and then taking a punch from him.

Last edited:
Idk, i think krillin still scales, even though he is obviously not as strong as garlic jr, he was able to take a bunch of hits that entire fight from multiple people, kick garlic jr back, and forced him down into the lookout with his ki blast. Was also able to restrain him with piccolo. I think he scales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back