• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Z (Toei) Upgrade: The Meta Shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also I’m mixed on krillen being comparable to garlick Jr outright although even heavy downscaling would put him at 4-A even if it’s only a likely or possibly rating at that point in time.

But this is toei continuity where even Yamcha was Ginyu force level ( literally grew stronger than Goku did from the same training in less time no less ) and then later was shown to be Super Perfect Cell level during the Buu saga when he defeated Olibu, plus we also have Tien = Base Trunks during Bojack, so even though humans might not be top dog they should all be 4-A due to them likely surpassing Freeza 3rd form / Garlick Jr at least starting from the android saga.

Ngl op really cooked, agreed on everything. Though what level of 4-A should they be rated as?
2 times above "baseline Starry Sky"

I want to affirm that Krillin absolutely does scale, and it isn’t an outlier since him scaling happens consistently after a specific event until the end of the arc and not sporadically throughout it. Therefore the feats that people are using to downplay him, which all appear before this event in the plot are irrelevant.
I will post the scans that prove this once I’m home from university

Last edited:
Agree with all and following, also Beginning of Z Goku and Piccolo should scale comparably to Super Garlic Jr, its accepted on Goku's profile, and Raditz would scale above them, Saibamen scale to Raditz and the human Z fighters in the saiyan saga should scale to Raditz from defeating Saibamen
Have Garlic Jr. Pre Saiyan Saga scale to Garlic Jr. Post Frieza Saga would not work, unless you think that Beginning of Z Piccolo can perform better than Post Frieza Piccolo.

It's true that that at the start of the arc, Krillin was outmatched against most of the villains. However, from DBZ Episode 115 10:17 onwards until the end of the arc, something happens that changes that.
With both Gohan and Piccolo laid out for the count, and with seemingly no hope left, knowing his weakness compared to the two..
Screenshot_216.png
Screenshot_217.png
Screenshot_218.png
Screenshot_219.png
Screenshot_220.png
Screenshot_221.png
Screenshot_223.png
Screenshot_222.png

He steps up to the challenge.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

(Can't say that this was Piccolo doing all the damage, notice how Garlic Jr. clutches his chest where Krillin kicked him instead of his head)
And here's Krillin shielding Piccolo from Garlic Jr.'s beam that was messing him up for good measure.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Post-speech Krillin scales to Garlic Jr. outright. No ifs, no buts. He stepped up to the challenge when he was needed and either unleashed hidden power or got stronger via Accelerated Development. Either way at the end of the day, he scales.

It's true that that at the start of the arc, Krillin was outmatched against most of the villains. However, from DBZ Episode 115 10:17 onwards until the end of the arc, something happens that changes that.
With both Gohan and Piccolo laid out for the count, and with seemingly no hope left, knowing his weakness compared to the two..
Screenshot_216.png
Screenshot_217.png
Screenshot_218.png
Screenshot_219.png
Screenshot_220.png
Screenshot_221.png
Screenshot_223.png
Screenshot_222.png

He steps up to the challenge.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

(Can't say that this was Piccolo doing all the damage, notice how Garlic Jr. clutches his chest where Krillin kicked him instead of his head)
And here's Krillin shielding Piccolo from Garlic Jr.'s beam that was messing him up for good measure.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Post-speech Krillin scales to Garlic Jr. outright. No ifs, no buts. He stepped up to the challenge when he was needed and either unleashed hidden power or got stronger via Accelerated Development. Either way at the end of the day, he scales.

This could also be the concept of Yuki powering him up. I agree with everything

I'm going to be that guy just to be that guy as I'm not sure how we scale Toei (and I think this needs to be adressed) but does anime Cell not still throw a monkey wrench in this? His anime counterpart still just talks about how he's gathered the energy to wipe out the solar system doesn't he? but that wouldn't be worth bragging about if characters weaker than him scale to 4-A stuff.

I'm going to be that guy just to be that guy as I'm not sure how we scale Toei (and I think this needs to be adressed) but does anime Cell not still throw a monkey wrench in this? His anime counterpart still just talks about how he's gathered the energy to wipe out the solar system doesn't he? but that wouldn't be worth bragging about if characters weaker than him scale to 4-A stuff.
It still involves him killing everyone cause he's blowing it up

DBS also has ToP Frieza's "This has the power to destroy a planet" and Peak Kefla's "Enough power to destroy an entire universe!" Statements

It still involves him killing everyone cause he's blowing it up
Yes but that's not my point, he's bragging about how he now has gathered enough energy to blow up the entire solar system but using this scaling, he's got that power already.

DBS also has ToP Frieza's "This has enough power to destroy a planet" and Peak Kefla's "Enough power to destroy an entire universe!" Statements
The first isn't an argument because we know Frieza scales higher due to the power he's achieved being comparable to Tier 2 characters (far weaker versions of him already has feats above that as well). The second is one we literally use on Kefla's profile and if all universes have the macrocosom that statement would be a 2-C one. Cell's statement is actually used on his profile as a justification unlike Frieza's and is hyped.

You'd need a note on his page that mentions to not use Cell's statement of solar system destruction as an anti-feat. I'm sure we all know there are people who'd use any statement to upgrade or downgrade a verse regardless of if it's surpassed by feats. Which is why I'm not actually disagreeing with the upgrade, I'm simply pointing out a potential issue that will more than likely come up in the future.

The first isn't an argument because we know Frieza scales higher due to the power he's achieved being comparable to Tier 2 characters (far weaker versions of him already has feats above that as well). The second is one we literally use on Kefla's profile and if all universes have the macrocosom that statement would be a 2-C one. Cell's statement is actually used on his profile as a justification unlike Frieza's and is hyped.
Could basically use the same arguments for Cell's Statement,
  • We know Cell scales higher due to the power he's achieved being comparable to 4-A/3-C characters (Surpressed Perfect Cell already surpassed Canon-SPC's value and that's with the current upscaling we have over Saiyan Saga Vegeta's 4-C feat)
  • Kefla is 2-C (6 Uni) being hyped out about 2-C (3 Uni) power and like, Kefla is at least like thousands of times above Base BoG Goku who's that strong

Could basically use the same arguments for Cell's Statement,
  • We know Cell scales higher due to the power he's achieved being comparable to 4-A/3-C characters (Perfect Cell already surpassed Canon-SPC's value and that's with the current upscaling we have over Saiyan Saga Vegeta's 4-C feat)
  • Kefla is 2-C (6 Uni) being hyped out about 2-C (3 Uni) power and like, Kefla is at least like thousands of times above Base BoG Goku who's that strong
Cell phone energy is not affecting our planet namekusei?

freiza in T.O.P was bragging about planet busting attacks.
kefla was bragging about universe busting attacks.
but we wouldn't rate those charactets at 5-B and 3-A would we?
plus multiple consistent feats > a throwaway line. And Remember that the same cell was also bragging about destroying everything and his power was soo great that he shook everything from earth all the way to new namek.

main-qimg-ea6681e8047ef43fba417db1d0378d43-pjlq
main-qimg-fb3b3a829e95717dd8bee4eeab69c4fc-pjlq
main-qimg-e176eb00257cb90a0822ede3d57f1db9-pjlq

Cell anime quotes do go hard.

Concede on my point about Krillin (without a Gohan-esque amp) not scaling to Super Garlic Jr. Toei Cell is already over 30x stronger than his canon counterpart so trying to make him capped at 1 kilofoe (just enough power to destroy the solar system, no more and no less) would actually require a separate thread if someone wants to try to go down that route.
And that's without using the Grade 3 multiplier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back