• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hot vs Cold: Mordred vs Esdeath

Esdeath then conveniently goes for the only weakness in her armor to kill Mordred even though she would try to drag out the battle. Seems legit.

Once time stop ends Mordred cleaves her in half.

Ramesses the Sun King said:
But this is all assuming Mordred doesn't instantly use it at the start of the battle and one shot because she gets triggered by Esdeath's sadism/personality.
There's also this.

Yeah but she will still go for Mana burst cleave them in half first. Before going Clarent. Even if she gets triggered. As shown when she went for that against Semi. So my point still stands.

Omahariptic said:
Isn't her time stop the one with the cold resistance weakness?
Yes, but I already went over that it won't work as her heat hasn't been shown to generate enough to go through.

Ramesses the Sun King said:
Esdeath then conveniently goes for the only weakness in her armor to kill Mordred even though she would try to drag out the battle. Seems legit.

Once time stop ends Mordred cleaves her in half.
"Oh look! This person is going to kill me if I don't Time Stop! I'll do what anybody with an IQ of 5 would do and kill her the only way I can"

Again she wouldn't know how strong Mordred is so I don't see why she would go for the instant kill against her instead of trying to drag out the fight. What makes you think she would resort to time stop instead of trying to block or dodge Mordred's attack.

Are you honestly saying she will let herself get cut in half?

Because she knows she can't or won't?

She wouldn't know if she can't because she doesn't know how strong Mordred is. So she is more likely to try to block which would result in Mordred cutting through her.

I'm sorry, what makes you think Esdeaths sword is going to turn as brittle as a brick and break on contact?

I don't think Esdeath would use her time stop outright since it takes time for her to charge it meaning she could probably use it once during the fight. She'd try to understand her opponent first.

And how is she going to strike where her sword will hit Esdeath? What stops Esdeath from Parrying her blow or redirecting?

Omahariptic said:
I don't think Esdeath would use her time stop outright since it takes time for her to charge it meaning she could probably use it once during the fight. She'd try to understand her opponent first.
True, but Mordred doesn't mana burst off the bat IIRC

Oh......

Well that certainly makes things closer.

In this case, Esdeath will try to redirect or parry the blow or redirect it before realizing she can't contend.

Forgive me, I'm not watching something by A1 and I only went by her page, that was a poor assumption

Tbh I don't think the Fate/Apocrypha anime is that bad. It's certainly leagues above anything SAO. It's just too bad Ufotable didn't do F/A, it would've been much better.

I don't think it's bad in terms of animation. It's just that they cut out what made Apocrypha amazing (such as Atalanta and Achilles's relationship, Spartacus vs Atalanta, and they extremely downplayed Mordred vs Frankenstein)

To be fair some people might go **** the sub and watch it for the Movie budget Ufotable fights

looks like this thread needs saving. So can any Fate expert enlighten me, who knows nothing about Nasuverse in general but is keen to try Apocrypha and Grand Order, what exactly does Clarent Blood Arthur does? From her profile it looks like a massive energy blast, but I am most likely wrong about that. Need more enlightenment from the pros before casting vote

@Byakushiki: It's literally just that. A massive energy sword beam that's done in the fashion similar to her (Mordred's) father. I mean at least that's how it's supposed to be.

Edit: Yup that's basically and literally what it is. A giant energy sword beam attack.

Hm... Compared to Mahapadma, Clarent Blood Arthur seems to be the more dangerous double-edged sword. Mahapadma does tax the stamina, but Esdeath was still kicking Tyrantsumi's and Ennoodzuno Akame's asses after using it, while CBA has a chance to miss, and the cost of it is removal of her protective armour and immense pain that follows.

Combine that with the interaction between Esdeath who tortures her foes psychologically and Mordred's hot-headed nature, I think Mordred is more likely the one to lose her composure first.

So overall, voting for Esdeath.

Back