• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hot vs Cold: Mordred vs Esdeath

Both 7-A, Mordred can use Clarent Blood Arthur, Esdeath can use Mahapadma, speed is equalized, who wins?

Mordred: 1 (Ramesses the Sun King)

Esdeath: 7 (ApiesDeathbyLazors, Gargoyle One, Theglassman12, Homu Sweet Homu, CrossverseCrisis, Byakushiki Setsura, Veloxt1r0kore)

Inconclusive: 2 (Knightofannihilation666, Omahariptic)

BC5E6F1D-74E9-4F22-9CA0-AB59F6689575
C0762163-96A1-4090-838D-E9405E1F7976

So.....

Apparently Magic Resistance doesn't block Time Stop.

As a result, I need to know if her fire is enough to burn through it.

That said Esdeath is FAR more skilled then Mordred and more expirienced as well, so she may still win.

I'm not sure about FAR more skilled, I mean Mordred made it into the Knights of the Round Table in a relatively short timespan based entirely on her skills

It says in her intelligence page that she's a very poor swordsman by compared to the rest of the Knights, and compared to others of the grail war, she's head strong and incredibly straight forward

Well compared to the other knights, yes, but it still refers to her as an "expert swordsman".

Esdeath has been fighting giant monsters since she was a child, and wars since she joined the empire. Esdeath can also fight, I think it was 100,000 soldiers, single handedly. I'm new to the Fate series, so i'm not at all familiar with Mordred. It sounds like power wise there pretty similar. I think Esdeath can take this with difficulty via Skill and Mahapadma if Mordred really can't resist it.

Well unless her time stop can last the whole fight, Exdeath should take this via that technique, if not, then Mordred should take this via regen, and stat amping.

The profile says Mrodred's regen is only mid-low. Esdeath took multiple, normally, debilitating injuries and kept fighting at high proformace. It also took hax to, technically, kill her in the end. I have no idea what her stat amping is like so, no comment.

Also, Mine's Pumpkin blast, which generates enourmous amounts of heat due to the amount of danger she's in, still got frozen in time Stop.

Esdeath FRA

Yes, Mordred can't resist Time Stop but since they don't have prior knowledge on each other, Esdeath wouldn't know about Mordred's curse that makes her land a fatal blow on her opponent. When it comes to skill, Mordred is arguably the least skilled in the KoTR, since she was accepted on Morgan's recommendation. Her swordsmanship is poor but to her, swordsmanship is one way to win. She'll gouge out eyes if she has to.

Mordred never fights without her armour, so it'd be difficult for Esdeath to break through since Mordred's helment and by extension her armour is a Noble Phantasm in itself, and only Noble Phantasms can break Noble Phantasms. CBA is allowed in this thread, so Mordred would probably use that first hand since she never really thinks up strategies (she's not that type of person). CBA causes her excruiciating pain but her endurance is extremely impressive so that debuff wouldn't cause Mordred a problem. Another important thing to is Mordred's personal skills since they always matter and should never be pushed aside: Mana Burst (Rank A), Instinct (Rank B) and Battle Continuation.

Now when it comes to Esdeath's trump card, Servants don't necessarily feel cold so that might just pose a problem.

That's as far as I can think of, but I'll be following and see if anyone brings up better arguments.

"Only Noble Phantasms can break Noble Phantasms"

Verse Equalization, or this is a stomp.

Also, Esdeath can just stab her through the two incredibly wide lids that are directly in front her eyes.

This is on top of the fact that she still needs to swing and strike Esdeath, and Esdeath has Mahadpadma.

"Not feeling Cold" won't be enough, Akame straight up walks through Winter mountains without a Jacket, and she still got affected, Tatsumi on the other hand has resistance good enough to nope being completely encased in Ice, so overall, it's likely working.

I didn't say that Mordred would be 100% able to bypass it, just that there's a chance that she could since Servants don't feel temperature at all as far as I can remember. Again I'm bringing up the point that Mordred has incredible intuition, not as good as most Sabers but good enough to be considered top-tier. I'm not saying that she'd be able to get out of this without a scratch or without a limb missing, but she would be able to parry or block attacks that Esdeath is sending her way.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
The profile says Mrodred's regen is only mid-low. Esdeath took multiple, normally, debilitating injuries and kept fighting at high proformace. It also took hax to, technically, kill her in the end. I have no idea what her stat amping is like so, no comment.
Her regen isn't bad since she can heal her wounds mid-battle, and her stat amping is just that. Stat amping.

To put it more into context, Mordred can boost her stats via concentrating her mana supply in parts of her body. For example, in Fate/Apocrypha she boosted herself in the air by concentrating her mana in her legs. So if she wanted to hit hard, kick harder, she'd concentrate her mana in specific places for attacks to cause more damage.

Mordred precog should be helpful here...Although whether or not she can kill Esdeath before the girl pulls out her time stop is another question.

This kind of really depends on who brings out their trump cards out faster. Though to me, it's more or less might end up like that Lancer vs Esdeath fight where, and this is assuming this is in-character, both fighters here will just use everything to what they normally do and then sometime later, depending how bad it goes for either side, is when they use their trump cards.

The difference there is Lancers Gae Bolg is unavoidable for Esdeath, is it the same for Mordred?

I was talking about who uses it first, not their properties. Read my comment carefully next time.

And no, it's not. It's like Saber/Artoria's Excalibur and such: Just a giant sword beam that shoots out in a straight line.

This is inconclusive to me. Mordred is baseline 7-A meanwhile Esdeath can one shot baseline 7-A's. However Mordred has shit like Precognition and Battle Continuation to give her an advantage while Esdeath has the AP, skill and hax advantage.

@Gar: And? I just only mentioned about who does what, not what they do. I don't need no extra stuff as i know whose being used here.

Anyways, i'm just saying that this all depends who takes out their TC's (Trump Cards) first. All i see is Esdeath going her normal forte via CQC sword fighting with Mordred and adding in ice shots and constructs to take the Knight on. IDK much for Mordred but she seems to have mana bursts going for her for extra amp hits but that's really it as stated. But i do feel that should she so much as get one hit from Mordred would she likely get pretty battered up if not nearly dead and having her rapier broken. That of course would give Esdeath one reason to use Mahapadma and get out of the way but it's a one use move per day thing so if that gets cut out and she doesn't freeze Mordred internally for that in the short time she has it active, she's a sitting duck of sorts for the knight.

And i was gonna say more but give me a bit or something here, i guess...

Ah right, i think i got it. Yeah, that's just basically all i'm seeing. For me, it could be Esdeath SLIGHTLY in her favor if she decides to Mahapadma Mordred and freeze her for eternity for an incapicatation move/win.

IDK how long Mordred's NP charge is (not even going to assume it's as short as her fathers but i'll leave it to others on that), but Homu does have a point that at least in fast use, Esdeath can use her TC faster just by saying the name.

Homu Sweet Homu said:
Can Mondred survives getting stabs through her brain?
Obviously not.

I still go with Esdeah because her Trump card is easier for her to land and even if Mewdred manages to pull her out it's a difficult move to move before Esdeath time stops.

You said "I don't need no extra stuff as I know whose being used here" when I pointed out the properties of their Trump cards.

Okay well idc either way. You don't have to do all that when it's already obvious.

But i digress. In any case, again, 'm giving it to Esdeath ONLY slightly if she considers freezing Mordred in place for good. Helps her more if she goes for her time freeze beforehand to make it easier. Though idk of about her cutting down Mordred with her rapier. But doing it with an ice sword of her powers might so there is that.

Then Esdeath should takes this mid to high diff. Both of them would starts with CQC at first. Modred precog would give her an edge in CQC, but that won't matter when Esdeath pulls out her Timestop, even if Mordred see it coming. Doubt she can take her out without using CBA.

Bro, you have no idea what's obvious and what's not to other people on this site, not everyone knows as much about Fate or AGK as you or I. It's that simple.

Moving on in the debate sounds fine now that we've dropped in.

I also lost count of the votes... So 4 for Esdeath?

Edit: Yep

Back