• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hot vs Cold: Mordred vs Esdeath

@Ramesses And to do that, she must hurt her enemy first. Since her enemy is wearing fullbody armor, the only way to "torture" her is to goes for the eyes.

Gojira1234 said:
I could say that Esdeath has two very exploitable weaknesses because she doesn't even wear any armor at all. But I don't, because they're never shown to be a weakness in the first place. So why does your argument make more sense than mine? It doesn't.
Actually, her not having armor is very much a weakness, so thank you for proving my point.

Also, if you're saying she can't, it means you made a match knowing Esdeath can't hurt her through her armor, and you made it thinking she would lose.

She chose to go back to the throne of heroes because she didn't want to make a new contract big difference. She got up and was going to keep fighting, she literally attack Semi and that was before she got the antidote. The Antidote just let her fight without having her body be destroyed by the venom.

Actually, her not having armor is very much a weakness, so thank you for proving my point.

Also, if you're saying she can't, it means you made a match knowing Esdeath can't hurt her through her armor, and you made it thinking she would lose.

I mean I would vote for Mordred but my vote doesn't count anyway sooo. But still, Esdeath apparent weakness can't be counted as such because it's never really been exploited as one. That's my point. Esdeath has never been at a disadvantage for her lack of armor, so why should Mordred be at a disadvantage for her eye holes?

<Makes a match knowing Esdeath can't hurt her through her armor.

I'll just leave this here because this match completely lost my interest upon seeing the OPs intentions.

Esdeath HAS been disadvantaged for her lack of armor, she DIED because she didn't have armor for crying out loud.

And we don't assume something isn't a weakness unless shown, but unless a character hasn't shown that she can counter a weakness, we assume it's exploitable. No reason it can't be.

Gojira1234 said:
Not picking any sides but who says Esdeath would even go for the eye slots anyway? Or could? It's never shown to be a weakness in the show nor can we assume Esdeath would think it's a weakness. It looks like it could be a weakness to US from a design standpoint but it's never exploited in the show so why would it be here?
Not picking any sides yet you stated you votes for Mordred just now.

@Gar I'm done here. I hope you can handle this alone. I won't debate with someone who thinks a seasoned military General wouldn't exploit THE ONLY OPENING to hurt her enemy just because she hasn't showed to exploit the said opening.

But there's no reason it should be then either. You're making all these arguments for when she has her helmet up, but a lot of the time she has it down too. I'd say that should be an exploitable weakness in your eyes based on what you think weaknesses are.

Like 99% of generals? Your job is to lead an army, or a group of soldiers, not teach them how to kill. Most commanders weren't that good at fighting, which only became worse around 16th and 17th century where commanders wouldn't even be near a fight, let alone fight in a battle.

On the topic of Esdeath, her personality doesn't help her either.

Well tbf I meant going into the fight I thought mordred would win, but y'all made good enough arguments that I'm just letting it play out. My only problem is the whole weakness thing, I disagree on both sides about these"apparent" exploitable weaknesses.

If you think a character can't win

Don't. Make. The fight.

Is there any reason she can't or wouldn't?

I take it back, that post got me re interested in the thread.

It's not that I think Esdeath couldn't win, it's just that all things considered, I thought Mordred would pull it out in the end. But as I've said y'all started making strong arguments against that, the only one I have a problem with being the whole "eye" thing. Other than that I'm not like against even the possibility of Esdeath winning.

That's literally her only way of winning.

Also, Tatsumi's eyes have armored plateing in front, Mordred does not. Proving my point again.

But in the issue of fairness I'm telling you it's not her only way of winning. Mordred could have her helmet down (in order to use CBR) or she could completely discard armor for a huge speed boost. I'm saying the whole "exploitable weakness" argument is pointless because 1. It's never been shown to be exploitable and 2. There are other arguments you could make.

1. And I repeat myself again, since she has not shown any counter to those weaknesses we can't assume they're not exploitable.

Goku has never shown weakness to reality Warping, Matter Manipulation or Memory Manipulation therefore he can resist all hacks that haven't been used on him.

2. She never takes off her armor in character and speed is Equalized making it moot.

She's only taken off her armour twice iirc, when she met Kairi and during the final moments of her fight with Assassin of Red. But her taking off her helmet is required to activate CBA.

Wait....

She needs to have the helmet OFF to use it?

So she uses a latent Blood Arthur before having a hole through her head?

That just solidifies my vote perfectly.

Gargoyle One said:
1. And I repeat myself again, since she has not shown any counter to those weaknesses we can't assume they're not exploitable.

Goku has never shown weakness to reality Warping, Matter Manipulation or Memory Manipulation therefore he can resist all hacks that haven't been used on him.

2. She never takes off her armor in character and speed is Equalized making it moot.
1. Arguments against resistance to hax and arguments against the cosmetic weaknesses of armor aren't exactly comparable imo

2. I'm pretty sure she took off her helmet in her fight against Chiron and I believe her fight against Jack the Ripper (though I could be mistaken on those).

But again if Mordred can't resist time stop then her being impaled through the eyes makes sense. Otherwise if Esdeath isn't using her trump card, her precognition would be able to sense projectiles.

Her helmet being down with Chiron, I'm not sure because it's been a while since I read the LN. But it's a fact that Mordred usually keeps her helmet up when fighting against opponents, the only time it being down would be when using CBA.

Tbh at this point I'm inconclusive bc I can see the fight going either way for them, so I'll just let the rest play out.

Back