• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Speaking of, what does the "200 years in the future" thing mean, I can't find anything about that on the MHA wiki or this site.

There's no need to be so hostile.
It's not hostile i have show multiple time litteral description of the skill and material and he ignore them

Alredy answer forir the first,

For the second the litteral description of her mana burst is that, you can cry much yiu want about it, it will never change.

With this, she is able to fight equally with the King of Knights.

Thx to not even knowing the base of vn fate, the avoid of arturia to gae bolg was not due only about her stat luck but because she had preco it.

Litteraly show the description of mana burst telling that it's allow arturia to boost exeptionnaly her strengh and that it up to serveral time their durability?

Are you litteraly telling that the material are not good for you?

Instinct is litteraly a combat type skill xhat the **** you even tell? It's litteraly the ability to identify the best personal course lf action during battle

Instinct is the ability to instantly identify “the best personal course of action” during combat. Because this Skill allows for the prediction of trajectory, it is possible to avoid attacks from firearms.
I addressed all of this. Feats matter more. Artoria's instinct is better than Mordreds on top of her luck, which is how she dodged Gae Bolg. Mana Burst doesn't negate pre cog. I know all the descriptions and showings of Mordreds abilities because I study things I like a lot. Nothing you are saying here detracts from my arguments, you're just yelling that "I'm not paying attention" without saying why.

Speaking of, what does the "200 years in the future" thing mean, I can't find anything about that on the MHA wiki or this site.
The first quirk, the glowing baby, showed up 200 years ago from Deku's time. One For All is also around 200 years old, and the place MHA takes place is futuristic, but not as futuristic as it could be because Quirks set back human development until heroes showed up and eventually calmed everything down.

Quirks in general may or may not be supernatural for the purposes of harming Servants but OFA definitely should be. Not only is it a completely unknown Quirk to the public that has had people guessing for decades at what it is while All Might was active, it has existed for over a century with only a handful actually knowing about its true nature, been stockpiling energy that whole time, allows the souls of previous users to live on in it, and is the power of All Might who is a legend the world over. There is no way that it’s age and unknown nature don’t give it enough mystery when Ryougi’s sword has enough mystery from being a few centuries old and Billy can be a Servant when all he did was shoot people with a gun (admittedly really well).

Ah, I see.

That doesn't really help, though. Being futuristic actually lessens the amount of mystery one has. By the time of Fate/Extra for example, the age of mystery had come to a complete close.
Quirks in general may or may not be supernatural for the purposes of harming Servants but OFA definitely should be. Not only is it a completely unknown Quirk to the public that has had people guessing for decades at what it is while All Might was active, it has existed for over a century with only a handful actually knowing about its true nature, been stockpiling energy that whole time, allows the souls of previous users to live on in it, and is the power of All Might who is a legend the world over. There is no way that it’s age and unknown nature don’t give it enough mystery when Ryougi’s sword has enough mystery from being a few centuries old and Billy can be a Servant when all he did was shoot people with a gun (admittedly really well).
The gun wielded by a servant is explicitly magical in nature because it's part of a servant.

Also, Shiki's sword is also 500 years old, WAY more than the max 200 years that quirks have existed for, and having the advantage of actually being from the past rather than the futuristic quirks.

How does he past on the quirk to another sounds more like magic then genetics to me

How does he past on the quirk to another sounds more like magic then genetics to me
They don't pass on actual "souls", though they basically are souls in all but names. The Quirk operates by copying the consciousness of a user before passing it on to the next, and only now is it strong enough for those consciousnesses to come out. So they're more mental than souls, which is in line with genetics and why the DNA portion is needed.

It's like the Venom symbiote in a way. It latches on to a host, amps them up, gets stronger and goes to a new host when it's time with that host is done, while carrying over some of the past hosts mind.

Ah, I see.

The gun wielded by a servant is explicitly magical in nature because it's part of a servant.
Billy wasn’t a Servant when he was alive but he still managed to qualify for being a hero because of his fame and skill. All Might has the exact same here.
Also, Shiki's sword is also 500 years old, WAY more than the max 200 years that quirks have existed for, and having the advantage of actually being from the past rather than the futuristic quirks.
Shiki’s Sword is also just that, a sword. Humans know all about how it works and is made but it got mystery for the sole fact that it is old. OFA may not have as much age but it has far more in regards to increasing the effectiveness of mystery such as its workings, origins, abilities etc all being unknown to basically everyone with even its users still learning new things that it can do.

To be fair, All Might's quirk has ACTUALLY risent to the level of legend in the MHA verse, to the point its called one of the World's Great Wonders.

I apologize in advance for the somewhat untimely responses, as I'm working on final fantasy revision stuff right now, but I need to note that you need an equal or greater amount of mystery in order to harm something that also possesses mystery, so even if Deku did have it, he'd need enough to match a Knight of the Round Table. When they explain Lugh for instance, they say that the reason no magecraft works on him isn't because of him being less known, but purely because he's a 3000-year-old mystery, and thus no modern magecraft can come close in terms of age

I'll reiterate that the fact that MHA is set in the future is a direct harm to the amount of mystery that they would possess as the throne of heroes was outright stated to have stopped recording people into the throne due to their lack of mystery by the 20th century. Billy qualified as a hero before the throne stopped recording. Not sure how qualifying as a hero even matters here as that doesn't determine one's mystery anyway.

I'm not sure I'd say the workings or origins or abilities of One For All are unknown either. It's pretty explicitly known that it's a transferable quirk that stockpiles the powers of previous holders due to the fact that All for One gave his brother a stockpiling quirk while the latter already had the transference quirk. Not completely understood, but not a complete mystery either. Even if it was completely unknown, that's not really enough to beat out the 400 year difference in age and make it relative to the katana.

I honestly don't care whether he has enough mystery or not, I just want to know if I've wasted energy or not.

I'll be back when a conclusion is reached. You FATE guys got it.

Wait can u elaborate on needing an equal or greater amount of mystery in order to harm something that also possesses mystery

I'm not sure what there is to elaborate on. If you have enough mystery you are effectively immune to things that have less of it. Again, as I gave in the example, Lugh had enough of it that he was completely immune to modern magecraft despite magecraft already having mystery.

I'm not sure what there is to elaborate on. If you have enough mystery you are effectively immune to things that have less of it. Again, as I gave in the example, Lugh had enough of it that he was completely immune to modern magecraft despite magecraft already having mystery.
This is very weird i was under the impression magic was enough of a requirement for fights against servants
Under standard battle assumptions could itachi fight rider

Well, I partially understand his frustration, because the other part try to argument that dodge a attack from someone that can see the future is equal or worst than someone that only have dodged attacks from persons that don't see the future, but even so one have to try to stay calm in that situations, take a time, breath, things to cool down.

Some people always stonewall discussions regarding specific verses and kill all discussions. I thought this would be a standard fight but seeing some of the arguments people are bringing up, they are up there with Nen crush gg, Reiatsu crush stomp and only stands can see or touch other stands.

These type of arguments are complete discussion killers. I thought people would be comparing characters strength, speed, combat skills, versatility and combat intelligence but noooo, let's bring up some vague concepts that don't even cross the verse.

I know some people are mentioning souls in MHA, but there aren't any souls in MHA, even the vestiges are specifically called consciousnesses not souls. So far it is a purely scientific world. No mysticism, magic or occult. So when you bring up occult rules of another works magic verse, they don't gel well with MHA at all.

I remember setting up a JJK vs MHA matchup & people were just coming with arguments like only cursed energy can affect curses, and I just had to restrain myself from cursing, pun intended. Of course that's how it is, Curse energy is JJKs power system and is unique to it.

Some people always stonewall discussions regarding specific verses and kill all discussions. I thought this would be a standard fight but seeing some of the arguments people are bringing up, they are up there with Nen crush gg, Reiatsu crush stomp and only stands can see or touch other stands.

These type of arguments are complete discussion killers. I thought people would be comparing characters strength, speed, combat skills, versatility and combat intelligence but noooo, let's bring up some vague concepts that don't even cross the verse.

I know some people are mentioning souls in MHA, but there aren't any souls in MHA, even the vestiges are specifically called consciousnesses not souls. So far it is a purely scientific world. No mysticism, magic or occult. So when you bring up occult rules of another works magic verse, they don't gel well with MHA at all.

I remember setting up a JJK vs MHA matchup & people were just coming with arguments like only cursed energy can affect curses, and I just had to restrain myself from cursing, pun intended. Of course that's how it is, Curse energy is JJKs power system and is unique to it.
That's what happens when you use verses with deep lore like fate. Sometimes other shit just isn't compatible.

"I'll reiterate that the fact that MHA is set in the future is a direct harm to the amount of mystery that they would possess as the throne of heroes was outright stated to have stopped recording people into the throne due to their lack of mystery by the 20th century. Billy qualified as a hero before the throne stopped recording. Not sure how qualifying as a hero even matters here as that doesn't determine one's mystery anyway."

That was never fully true in the first place, you have people like EMIYA and Voyager who are literally servants from the future that have yet to die in the present (And in this occasion, they are younger than OFA), even then you have examples like Tesla and Thomas who are younger than Billy, so the last part is straight up false.

The Four servants I mentioned are able to fight and kill servants that are older than them, regardless of the little mystery they have. Mystery has the most impact in extreme cases like Gilgamesh who is thousands of years old. And yet he still can get killed by more recent mysteries like Artoria and Archer's blades.

Emiya is a special case due to being a counter guardian and wasn't recorded as normal. There's also the fact that literally his entire schtick is projection that traces weapons perfectly down to the history of him. Yknow, weapons like Kanshou and Bakuya, or Rho Aias, which are hundreds to thousands of years old by the time of the 5th grail war. Not that that matters as I'll explain below.

Voyager was the first ever space probe making that a huge deal, and Nasuverse space is absolutely ******, to say the least. It's not just a mostly empty void like it is in real life.

Also, Edison was born in the late 19th century and had to be supercharged as a servant by every president to even be functional. Hell, Edison's entire thing is that he destroyed a vast amount of Mystery as we know it. Tesla was the same, born in 1856, and his harnessing of lightning in-verse was considered to be stealing from the gods, something considered to be a massive deal in-verse.

Also Servants are equalized by the throne of heroes. They have the same core and body and operate under the same system so that the war can even function in the first place. As servants, they're all mysteries of the same level because the full power heroic spirit is impossible to summon.

Back