• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Esdeath vs Artoria (Saber)

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Testing out "downgraded" Saber :)

Low 7-B Versions. This is "Fate" Saber. Yes, she has Avalon. But no, she can't use her NP.

Speed Equalized.

Esdeath:
Saber:
Inconclusive:

People waste no goddamn time, jesus christ-

Oh well, I guess I can try this. Remind me the many ways in which Esdeath can use her ice stuff? Has been a while.

Giant piercing ice spears, ice shard danmaku, normal freezing, forcefields/barries, she can create weapons with it... Just to name a few.

She treats 5.4 kilos like a joke.

So >>5.4 kilotons

(Honestly wondering how she isn't 7-B but whatever)

You could actually ask that to other members, I remember something about being able to go baseline on the next tier if you scale a lot above or high enough in a scaling chain above something just a hair away from the next tier.

But yeah, this makes shit really hard for Saber. She should scale a fair bit above it, but is only 1.9 megatons.

... Okay, not sure if this is good or bad for her. She'll see the massive difference and pull out Excalibur. She's not surviving that, but Saber has to survive the initial exchange for that to happen.

I feel dumb since I didn't see that-

Yeah, she ******. Arthuria is skilled as all hell, but so is Esdeah, and she has a lot more than her swordsmanship. If mindless Heracles gave her so much trouble, I don't see her escaping this one.

I'll go with Esdeath.

Eh. I’m not sure if Esdeath has a way around Avalon.

Though Saber can’t do shit against Esdeath, Saber is much weaker in Fate due to Shirou so the AP gap is 5 to 6x. If the physically weaker Heracles gave her hell, no idea what Esdeath will do

Last edited:
She can't do anything about Avalon, but Avalon uses Saber's energy reserves. As long as she's with Shirou they are finite and won't replenish, and every wound is magical energy she loses from the wound itself and then from fixing the wound.

Unless she can kill Esdeath with that time limit, she's kinda screwed. This is her fight with Berserker Round 2, but Berserker isn't insane, has as much skill as her and now has super flexible ice powers.

I was unaware of that.

And even worse, the gap is massive now as well so....

Esdeath as well

Yeh, is how it works. It's pretty much like a Servant Contract. The farther away Saber is from the sheath, the less it works because mana isn't transmitted as well.

Hence Irisvel having it, since she was gonna be much closer to Saber acting as decoy Master. And because Kiritsugu wanted his waifu safe and sound.

I might give Saber her NP. Since Esdeath seems to have a huge advantage (Time stop last resort + AP + Ice versatility)

Would that make it more fair? Or would that just make this a one shot,?

Is hard to say.

I guess it depends how close they are to each other. If it's enough distance, Esdeath should have time for time stop. But if she's having fun in short range, she's likely getting hit before she can activate it.

Avalon is supposed to be outright putting Saber in another world, disallowing interference from even the 5 Magics, so perhaps...?

Is hard to say.

Well that;s kinda incredibly important, given that if Saber uses Excaliblast up close that's Esdeaths way of dodging

Of course Saber gets so completely wrecked in CQC IDK if she will use it.

Still leaning on Esdeath for now

As far as I understand it, Saber slips into Avalon, but she needs to come out of it after to be able to attack, otherwise she could just stay inside of it.

It is also described as a Bound Field in Complete Material 3, which means it is likely a sort of bounded field, which aren't meant to be movable when set up with only 1 exception in the whole verse.

Yeah I think I’ll still stick with Esdeath even with the NP unrestricted

Saber is nearly baseline so Esdeath curbstomps her in CQC with an almost 6x AP advantage.

Honestly Saber skill are nowhere good as the others top tier servants so i agree with that

Oh btw, should we remaking Esdeath vs Alcides?

i honestly want to make a different Servant vs Esdeath match.

Not knowing who'd be a good matchup for Esdeath. Sabers make the most sense but they all seem like they'd either get stomped or be stomped by Esdeath lol.

Maybe I'll use Kojirou or Okita, since they probably have enough skill to make up for the AP gap.

So yeah. NPs are most likely going to be downgraded to being only 7x that of physicals meaning Artoria can't one shot with the NP.

Comfortable win for Esdeath now, and a stomp if its restricted

Actually no, on second thought I think this is a stomp regardless.

Fate Saber scales far below 1.9 Megatons meaning Esdeath has a massive AP advantage, Excaliber doesn't one shot and drains her magical energy significantly meaning once Esdeath survives she has a massive advantage.

Fate Saber gets AP stomped while the other versions get Time Stopped, unbalanced match either way.

dang. That's unfortunate.

I think Esdeath should be 7-B btw. What do you think?

I don't see why she should be, she's stronger then Budou but not by that much.

@Apies Gets stomped

Back