• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I... I literally sent a quote of narita saying that nasu does a supervisor check
No, you did not? Unless you mean that little line where Narita says he asked for a supervisor check, in which case, I can't believe asking for a check once means he supervises the entire thing more than he does for the other things I've mentioned that you keep ignoring, sasuga
He explicitly says that he supervises everything (three times at that) and edits about 10% of the script nowadays. Truly some peak copium you got there
No, he didn't say he supervises everything, he says the exact opposite of that actually, noting exactly what he does from part 2 onwards, that being writing lines for Chaldea, and leaving things to the strength of the authors.

If you consider that, and possibly giving the script a once over when its done "supervising", there's literally less than 0 argument for the movies and anime being non canon by your own logic
so nothing? Unless you really do think that elden ring is canon to the nasuverse
Has Nasu done interviews speaking on Elden Ring and telling us the production, story details, how certain events went, etc?

The answer is no, because the two situations are nothing alike, one is an anime/3 movies he has spoken on repeatedly because, well, he has the authority to, has explicitly said is just its own route/world, etc, and the other is a game he found cool and talked about twice.
No. It assumes that just choosing the premise of a manga doesn't mean you actively make sure that it matches the verse. Remember that time kaleid thought that Bazett was Ciel level? And nasu had to point out after it was published that bazett isn't in fact on that level at all? Sure seems like a lot of not being supervised here.
"One character who appears in 2wei is stronger than in HA, therefore the thing must not be supervised and Nasu was told zero information at all."

I can't believe SF is non supervised and non canon by this logic because DAAs and servants are running around, which breaks a rule therefore non canon, also FGO is non canon, as Herc has shown up and been stronger than he was in some other stuff
Yeah, and? Those are events we can specifically rule out as non-canon due to being collabs with a non-canon works. And a cameo that couldn't matter last. Basic supervision is a prerequisite, not irrevocable proof.
No, no sane person rules those out as non canon because it literally happens kek, there's no level of cope that can just allow you to go "yeah the servants we see show up in Solomon just aren't canon." Its pretty clear you're just like, objectively wrong on this Prillya case, there's nothing to argue
I'm saying it took him forever because he didn't give 2 ***** about tsukihime remake. He literally stopped working on it for 5 years.
Can't believe we went from "it only took so long because he did like 20 things" to "actually he just didn't care and quit it" once you realized it went against your point.

I'm sorry but your weird fanfic version of Nasu where he's this omniscient infinite speed author supervisor combo, but he conveniently missed only Prillya, the UBW anime, and HF despite all evidence otherwise, and your version of TM policies where suddenly only things Nasu looks at are canon, just objectively aren't the case, there's not much else to say, you're just wrong rip

No, you did not? Unless you mean that little line where Narita says he asked for a supervisor check, in which case, I can't believe asking for a check once means he supervises the entire thing more than he does for the other things I've mentioned that you keep ignoring, sasuga
It absolutely does.
No, he didn't say he supervises everything, he says the exact opposite of that actually, noting exactly what he does from part 2 onwards, that being writing lines for Chaldea, and leaving things to the strength of the authors.
Saying it won't make it come true you know? The quotes are here, you can't just pretend they're not. Well, you can, but you're clearly wrong to anyone actually reading this conversation
If you consider that, and possibly giving the script a once over when its done "supervising", there's literally less than 0 argument for the movies and anime being non canon by your own logic
Source for Nasu checking the script of the movies/animes that aren't deen and editing the parts that don't fit with the verse?
Has Nasu done interviews speaking on Elden Ring and telling us the production, story details, how certain events went, etc?
Did he do any of that for the movies/anime?
The answer is no, because the two situations are nothing alike, one is an anime/3 movies he has spoken on repeatedly because, well, he has the authority to, has explicitly said is just its own route/world, etc, and the other is a game he found cool and talked about twice.
You need authority to say that you like a movie?
"One character who appears in 2wei is stronger than in HA, therefore the thing must not be supervised and Nasu was told zero information at all."
"One character who appears in 2wei is stronger than in HA due to the author not knowing shit about said character, and nasu only pointed it out after it was published, therefore the thing must not be supervised"
Still conveniently leaving out some parts, aren't you?
I can't believe SF is non supervised and non canon by this logic because DAAs and servants are running around, which breaks a rule therefore non canon, also FGO is non canon, as Herc has shown up and been stronger than he was in some other stuff
That's irrelevant. Bazett is explicitly stronger in kaleid because Minase didn't know how strong she was and Nasu didn't correct him until it was too late, hence no supervision.
No, no sane person rules those out as non canon because it literally happens kek, there's no level of cope that can just allow you to go "yeah the servants we see show up in Solomon just aren't canon." Its pretty clear you're just like, objectively wrong on this Prillya case, there's nothing to argue
Damn, I guess chaldea canonically has the literal root actively helping them then. I kneel.
Can't believe we went from "it only took so long because he did like 20 things" to "actually he just didn't care and quit it" once you realized it went against your point.
I never said that it was because he did 20 things? I was giving examples proving that he can, in fact, write fast. The kohaku route and the lb6 rewrite specifically.
I'm sorry but your weird fanfic version of Nasu where he's this omniscient infinite speed author supervisor combo, but he conveniently missed only Prillya, the UBW anime, and HF despite all evidence otherwise, and your version of TM policies where suddenly only things Nasu looks at are canon, just objectively aren't the case, there's not much else to say, you're just wrong rip
? Then what exactly makes other verses animes and video games non-canon while the nasuverse is fine? Pretty sure it was always about the lack of supervision preventing them from being consistent with the main work.

Source: I have the most basic idea of how fate works. So what if it doesn't work anymore? The + is situational from the start. It being still there despite valor being inactive is fine. And as you so kindly pointed out, Achilles who ALSO has valor at A rank just so happens to have a modificator in strength. What a coincidence amirite.
It's not like burden of proof is on me anyway. modificators are situational, so prove that it applies to anything in his fight against artoria.
I see so the skill giving the amp even though its noted in every single one of it's materials to not be active is okay because Achilles has it and it's situational???.......I see were not on the same page here
So you're not even gonna try to pretend you know anything about parameters then?
Lmao is there anything explicitly saying a Rank Up is a +10?? If so fair enough, if not I'm saying you assuming that a rank up=+10 is exactly that. an Assumption. Especially since again A-Rank is noted to be the last normal rank anything after that isn't elaborated on aside from EX being outside of the normal ranking system..
No. I'm pretty sure Nasu believes it too. Can't really disagree when he wrote Heracles as being able to shitstomp saber alter through anything that isn't excalibur in the VN.

in a non-canon movie.
Non-Canon movie even though he stated he considers them their own separate Continuities??I think you're the only one who believes this rn

that said I think I'm going to bring this to and end I'll put you down as a disagree yeah?? If you think it's Non-Canon then sure lol seeing as how your whole argument hinges on the movies not being Canon. So we'll just agree to disagree here.

I see so the skill giving the amp even though its noted in every single one of it's materials to not be active is okay because Achillies has it and it's situational???.......I see were not on the same page here
yeah that sounds about right. Situational modificators do be situational and wonky like that soetimes.
Lmao is there anything explicitly saying a Rank Up is a +10?? If so I'm saying you assuming that a rank up=+10 is exactly that an Assumption. Especially since again A-Rank is noted to be the last normal rank anything after that isn't elaborated on aside from EX being outside of the normal ranking system..
basic maths.
Non-Canon movie even though he stated he considers them their own separate Continuities??I think you're the only one who believes this rn
Source?
that said I think I'm going to bring this to and end I'll put you down as a disagree yeah?? If you think it's Non-Canon then sure lol seeing as how your whole argument hinges on the movies not being Canon. So we'll just agree to disagree here.
that and the counter feats. Oh and just add the fact that heracles doesn't isn't even close to being 3 times stronger than artoria as a bonus. But yeah that's a disagree.

Fate Scaling is like trying to scale Dragon Ball if Manga, Anime, Movies, and Spin-Offs were all canon to each other
More like Pokémon in that regard, it was recently agreed that they should be split in regards to scaling.

I think Fate however has much harder evidence of that kind of scaling being valid but a blog is needed to substantiate it because I can see a split attempt in the foreseeable future.

So I just realized ... does this mean we scale A Rank as 5 times better than E Rank? So a servant with A Rank Strength is 5 times stronger than a servant with A Rank Strength?

So I just realized ... does this mean we scale A Rank as 5 times better than E Rank? So a servant with A Rank Strength is 5 times stronger than a servant with A Rank Strength?
I guess stats are outlier here because of their inconsistent

Totally forgot this thread existed teehee. Well in any case as far as this thread goes I think changing the general premise of the argument from "A-rank Mana burst being a multiplier" to " A-rank Mana burst giving anyone with it 79.9 Gigatones (The ap value we give to A-Rank Np's)" Cause Salter cockslapped Herc with Excalibrrrr in HF would be best.

Back