• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Brackets Round 12

That megnatism might be noped by the aspect that its durability is 2x Pyrrha. Or at least it has to be able to tank the explosions or attacks that hits it while transforming, and not prevent it from fully transforming.

Then I can try to think of a different tactic. Sweet tooth drives off to go hide somewhere so he can safely go into bot mode without Pyrrha kniwing then gets back into battle as the bot. Boom. Shes pretty much screwed once the bot mode is activated with no way to reach the door and no way to harm it.

Being a combat genius doesn't suddenly means she's using her power on far more things with far more skill than shown on the show. Unless you think control tons of artillery and tracking missiles, evading other tracking weapons that she can't control, stopping the vehicle, opening the lock and the door and pulling the driver out is in anyway comparable to slightly shifting the weapons of multiple fighters out of their course so they don't hit her/she can evade them easier.

they start within each other's range and technically Pyrrha should have a range of several hundred meters scaling from everyone else in the series, he does not have a range advantage

H... How do you scale range to everyone else...

You have people with literal varying weapons. You can't instantly scale everyone to each other's range. That's one of the hardest parts. It's not Durability or Attack Potency or Speed. It doesn't help that many of them have various weapons.

Edit - Since characters undergoing CRT are banned... and there seems to be implications that Pyrrha needs to be revised... that could mean she's gonna get disqualified I think?

Magnetism can be resisted. That's how Cinder blew away those mechanical bits pinning her in Vol 3

Where and when has she ever done that? The closest thing I can recall is her tossing a spear at Jaune. And that has a bit of a problem considering she couldn't pull back the spear at that time.

And that's the only other existing feat I can think of regarding range.

Ciruno Fortes said:
Magnetism can be resisted. That's how Cinder blew away those mechanical bits pinning her in Vol 3
Because she's ****** High 7-C my dude, not because she resists magnetism

I don't think those bullets are gonna be enough to pierce through Sweet Tooth's ride. Not to mention that although shooting while dodging is fine, this also means she won't be doing any magnetism feats. Edit I don't recall Pyrrha making use of the shoot option often

Woah, watch the language there... No need to get heated up... So basically you need to have a higher Power tier to resist it. Something that I was arguing for.

WeeklyBattles said:
and technically Pyrrha should have a range of several hundred meters scaling from everyone else in the series
Wonder how many people I can scale to John Taylor and Lilith if I use this logic...
[cue several horrible thoughts forming]

Her bullets have High 8-C AP and technically would have better piercing power due to being, well, bullets. And she regularly shoots, moves, and magnetism manips simultaneously in combat, take her fight against Team STRQ for example.

Yes a High 7-C character was able to overpower her magnetism manip, that does not in any way shape or form give any evidence that Sweet Tooth would be able to overpower it that Sweet Tooth

Isn't that less about the AP then and more about the fact that they're bullets that can pierce through? You're saying that bullets hitting a vehicle that deals with bullets, would work just fine despite said vehicle being able to take on bullets.

Team CRDL? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhaxzYsms_0 Not once did she use magnetism.

In the case that it does work... she just stops the truck forever then? Cause she was really using a lot of effort on her Penny match. I'm gonna rewatch the death of my waifu again in fact. Last I checked too, I don't think the transformation is gonna be slow enough to be caught like that and Sweet Tooth might be able to toss in more attacks.

There is also no evidence (for now) that Pyrrha can casually no sell any metallic thing that is in the same tier as her.

Your point about the range was adressed Weekly.

Bullets lose momentum. And using bullets against a truck that's made to counter bullets and explosions isn't gonna cut it.

Use the spear javelin or shield, Pyrrha might lose them for a bit.

There are no other feats of her using magnetism over that range.

God I hate double posting

@Ciruno She used it regularly, its why they never land a hit on her, because her entire schtick is that she uses it subtly. Its why there are no feats that prove she needs to concentrate to use it because she doesnt need to.

Pretty much yeah, her lifting strength is well within what she would need to just restrain it.

Not sure what you mean by no sell

Just checked the Penny fight, or rather the end of it. Disregard the struggle.

But then again, it's not exactly a feat to disperse a few blades away... and if her magnetism is that good or that high range her ability used at its fullest, should've blown away a robot like Penny off the stage.

It wouldnt have been able to blow her off the stage, there is a forcefield surrounding the battlefield to prevent it

Pyrrha's range with her magnetism doesnt matter here, she starts within the range to be able to magnetism manip Sweet Tooth from the start

It seems to me for the reasons stated above that Pyrrha takes this with mid-high difficulty. If she starts with the magnetism manip right off the bat, she can kill him pretty quick. If the fight drags on long enough for Sweet Tooth to transform his truck, she'll have to play a defensive game, but considering her stamina she can probably last long enough to take advantage of a slip-up on his part at some point.

@1st

@Weekly

(EDIT) This one's on me. But that also means she uses as little Semblance as possible. That doesn't mean after all that Pyrrha can back flip while casually tossing around those gears when she struggled so hard and had to focus. It's easier to move your body slightly than it is to move giant things. Just basic logic.

Alright, if this does work, you're running the issue of "When will Pyrrha accurately time her magnetism" so that when Sweet Tooth is transforming, she manages to stop him. Cause either she stops him while it's in car mode, which can still bombard her, or on bot mode. The margin of timing magnetism especially considering the range issue, is very narrow. So it's very unlikely that she could pull this off at the first try. And Sweet Tooth has very little reason to turn his car from mecha to car quickly.

The only mental breakdown she had is having to face numerous spears and in fact made her go 1000% and deflect all those. And the only thing that broke down is that poor angel Penny. Her having a breakdown didn't seem to weaken her, more like make her go all out really.

Provide me evidence that Pyrrha can accurately stop every single intricate gear instead of just "holding" "pushing" and "pulling" in a wide range, that is not just some of Penny's blades being thrown at her considering that's the only other tier level close to her that she used magnetism on. And even then I'm confident on saying Pyrrha only gets that tier due to scaling to Pyrrha considering that's what it literally says.

@2nd

You missed my point. And that makes it worse.

https://youtu.be/Uk2yrQpkmHg?t=117 Timestamp, 1:57

That doesn't look like 450 meters or close to it. Pyrrha couldn't grab her blade anymore. Her weapons could be deflected from her. Her senses doesn't mean she can avoid all shrapnel perfectly. And everytime she used magnetism she was distracted by a follow up attack.

The range from her full unleash of her poewrs, something that would've caught all those attacks, did not even affect Penny. Someone metallic. If she truly unleashed all her force with her Semblance there, she would've blown away Penny too alongside those blades into the forcefield. It doesn't matter if she wouldn't have been blown away to a farther distance or not. Penny was not blown away at all. Which further puts question on the effectivity of said ability and provides 2 cases.

Case 1 - The range of magnetism is very very limited. The likeliest case considering it should've at least affected Penny's position slightly instead of cut her up with wires.

Case 2 - The range is great, but you vastly overestimate the power of her force. This is the unlikeliest case considering the special effect of her Semblance only affected the blades.

@3rd

And when has Pyrrha ever instantly used magnetism to defeat an enemy? It certainly helps that the enemy is a car. But what's exactly stopping Sweet Tooth from shooting out numerous other weapons while she's in place? Has Pyrrha ever dealt with a situation where a car is a combatant that can shoot out multiple enemies? Or is it more likely that the car would run her over first? Does she know it can turn to a Mecha?

Will she always pick the optimal action in this battle?

The chances are, no. She won't be able to. This is a new enemy. Can she deal with the attacks? Yes. Can she deal with all the attacks while he's trying to run her over or crush her in its mecha form? Maybe. Can she do all of that while he uses power ups that are temporary but if used properly can turn the tide of a battle? That's the part where I give up and say yeah she's not gonna pull through.

So in conclusion.

I believe Pyrrha loses here sadly. There's just too many surprise tricks here and frankly she does need to be focused to push anything with force that isn't as light as a blade.

But hey, beats becoming ash. She might get a cool treat by the end of this.

It's night here so I really need to rest. But the main issue here is the fact that

1) Pyrrha has to know that the car can transform into a robot and thus time her Semblance in order to stop its transformation.

2) Pyrrha has to start with magnetism when it's not her usual go to ability

3) Too much versatility on Sweet Tooth and durab make sit hard

4) She can't keep numerous projectiles at bay while being attacked, proof by Penny

But yeah gnight for now peeps

You must not have bothered to read the wiki like you say you did because its written in plain english:

https://rwby.fandom.com/wiki/Pyrrha_Nikos#Semblance

"In most combat situations, Pyrrha did not go out of her way to broadcast her Semblance's abilities. Instead, she used it only to make very subtle changes of movement for her own weapons and sometimes her opponent's weapon to affect the course of a battle. This gave her the psychological edge of appearing to be invincible in the eyes of most people. "

1st

Yes, her entire reputation comes from her constantly using her magnetism subtly in all of her fights to redirect attacks, leading her to gain a reputation for being untouchable. This is by no means headcannon, its blatantly stated multiple times throughout the series as ive shown you above.

When did i ever say she used magnetism on herself? Seriously, where? She exclusively uses it on her weapons and enemies to redirect their attacks.

She doesnt need to accurately time anything, just holding the mech in general would be more than enough to stop it from transforming or using the majority of its weapons, and the ones it can still use would be easily blocked or avoided as they would only be able to fire in one direction due to the truck being stationary and unable to move. If she pulls Sweet Tooth out of the truck those weapons become useless as he can no longer use them, which she would be more than inclined to do once she sees he can still attack her.

Here, she magnetism manips several hundred individual pieces of metal simultaneously. She would be able to stop the truck from transforming.

2nd

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1_Garand

This is her weapon

It has an effective range of 457 meters

This is an inarguable fact.

She can also use magnetism to grab her weapons if they are far away from her, something she has done numerous times over the course of the series.

The range does not matter here, they are starting well within each others' ranges and can affect each other with their attacks.

3rd

Every fight ever. She's gained world class status because of her skill with her magnetism manip. Whats stopping Sweet Tooth is that most of his weapons fire metal projectiles, which would either be redirected back at him or deflected. Yes actually she has, almost every RWBY character, most of which are far less skilled, has fought giant mechs.

Yes, she will. As i said a few hundred replies ago, even the least intelligent fighter, pre-timeskip yang, knew to take out the pilot of a mech rather than try to fight the mech itself, with Pyrrha being in a whole different league of skill compared to Yang.

There are only a handful of attacks Pyrrha will have to 'deal with' if she uses magnetism manip, the majority of which will be harmless to her as they can only fire forward due to the truck being stationary.

In conclusion, Pyrrha wins. Magnetism manip is too much for a guy in a big metal box to be able to beat.

WeeklyBattles said:
I would appreciate it if you stopped ignoring what im saying
I know I'm late reading this and all, but I'm "ignoring" you just because I decided to make a harmless joke now?
You're really making something out of nothing at this point.

Back