• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Brackets Round 12

Antoniofer said:
Ok, forget my last calc, pretty sure I messed up something since the most larger gear in the world weight 65 tons and there's no way than the gear manipulated by Pyrrha weights that close.
Well, there goes that argument...

The mech being more durable than Pyrrha's AP is all the more reason for Pyrrha to take him out of the truck with her magnetism manip, which not only would she do as she's a combat genius but is entirely possible as the Sweet Bot has doors that swing outwards. She doesnt have to pull him through the walls of the mech she just has to pull him out the door, which she is entirely capable of due to her lifting strength being Class K as per Antonio's calc. Even pre-timeskip Yang, the least skilled and most hotheaded character in the series, knows to go after the pilot of a mech rather than try to fight the mech outright. This is what Sweet Tooth looks like. He has metal in his mask as its a breathing filter, metal buckles and a metal ring on his sromach, a metal belt buckle, and metal clasps on his boots, Pyrrha has more than enough metal to work with in order to yank him out of his mech. Pulling him out of his mech alone takes away access to the napalm and ice attacks that Pyrrha cans redirect with her magnetism manip, and his dura is low enough that a casual tap will oneshot him.

Invisibility and flight are not passive, are very temporary, and are completely useless if Pyrrha magnetism manips him or he tries to attack as if gives away his position. His forcefields are not passive either and have to be physically activated by Sweet Tooth, meaning Pyrrha can bery easily affect him with magnetism manip, and not only that but the forcefields are TEMPORARY. PLUS he can only fly in the Sweet Bot, which requires him to remain stationary to transform. Meanwhile, Pyrrha's forcefield IS passive and, scaling from Yang, allows her to take dozens of hits from someone twice her strength without going down. That on top of the fact that Pyrrha has an actual shield to block attacks if she cant dodge the few that she cant redirect outright. There are only a few attacks Sweet has that Pyrrha cant redirect, whereas all of his explosives can and will be redirected into Sweet Tooth and be causing serious damage.

smh I wasn't even arguing for Sweet Tooth, I just debated some stuff to death.

Antonio just said a moment ago that his calc was faulty, so that's gone.

The Sweet Bot doesn't have any doors. Just the windshield.

You don't need to remain stationary to transform into Sweet Bot mode. It's actually necessary to do it while on the move when you're playing the game at a high level, and it's also possible to transform in midair after hitting a ramp. (Which I've done, partially because it looks cool)

Nobody has shown her redirecting anywhere near the amount of projectiles Tooth can fire, and quite a bit of evidence has been shown which suggests that she requires significant concentration to even use her powers.

If I've missed anything, I'll get to it in a little while. I need to step away for a bit.

@King Im currently recalcing the feat

Pyrrha has never shown a need to concentrate to use her powers except the one feat against Cinder

>Bootleg Joker.

I am tempted to say you saw the Death Battle match but I don't even know at this point.

And Pyrrah has shown obvious effort and concentration when actively moving rather heavy stuff, be it the elevator or the gears. Is just that nothing except the Sweetmobile (totally canon name) is heavy enough to warrant that.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
>Bootleg Joker.
I am tempted to say you saw the Death Battle match but I don't even know at this point.
Nah. Just wanted to sound offensive to both sides.

If anyone gets to be the asshole, it's me.

@Sir The Sweet Bot is lighter than things she's shown to need effort to move, and Sweet Tooth himself is nothing, she's thrown around people with her magnetism manip on accident

@Dargoo I noted in the calc that i would need to do an accurate measurement but the gear that was measured was the smallest in the group, the others are larger and should not be much different from it in mass

Plus i didnt even count all the teeth so its a lowball

Seeing as this is an extremely straightforward calc i see no reason why we cant use it

We've used calcs of the same type in threads before the calcs were accepted before

AnonymousBlank said:
From what I can tell, Weekly only counted the center cylinder and the outer ring of a smaller gear so its kind of a low ball.
Did he consider them as hollow cylinders or just calced them as cylinders of iron?

Also, to be entirely fair, the basis for Sweet Tooth's votes by all means don't rely on Pyhrra's lifting strength.

@Dargoo Im here you know :p

The gear i calced is the smallest and its a solid gear, the ones that have hollow parts are larger and would have a similar mass, just spread out

Except my vote relied exactly on the things she can't affect with Semblance, and the fact she's still not dragging him out of a car with double her AP in Dura, or doing all that while still evading a good multitude of tracking attacks.

Not the ones she can actually deflect, which would still take more of her concentration.

@Sir his mech has no doors, she can EASILY drag him out of the open spots that lead to the cockpit of his mech using the metal on his person to grab him

And she would absolutely do so

WeeklyBattles said:
@Sir his mech has no doors, she can EASILY drag him out of the open spots that lead to the cockpit of his mech using the metal on his person to grab him
You...definitely misunderstood what I meant by "no doors"...

Back