• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Brackets Round 12

I still have yet to see any actual evidence that her control over her Polarity is acute enough to unlock a door or stop the truck from transforming. Or that she would magnetize the truck to begin with, considering she apparently didn't do so against a robot.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
I still have yet to see any actual evidence that her control over her Polarity is acute enough to unlock a door or stop the truck from transforming. Or that she would magnetize the truck to begin with, considering she apparently didn't do so against a robot.
If you're talking about Penny, I don't think she knew about that.

1) My dude. She needed effort to lift something 44 times heavier, she will have no trouble stopping the truck. She knows because the guy is in a big metal box attempting to murder her with a bunch of weapons.

2) She does use it. Frequently. Hell she's done it on accident before. She's a combat genius there is no reason that you could possibly give that would logically make her not pull Sweet out of the truck.

3) she deflected Penny's sword with magnetism, notice how the blade has the black aura of Pyrrha's magnetism around it when it goes flying.

Pyrrha did think Penny is a human, but the wave of her magnetism should've affected Penny either way. She's revealed to have a metallic structure after all. Aura might make a difference but considering her aura was low enough that she can get taken out by a bunch of sword blades... and well, aura might not be able to defend against some Semblances like that.

1) And still wondering what stops Sweet Tooth from turning on the force field and surprising her, before she's bombarded by attacks or crunched close up. That's a pretty big issue because as small or temporary of an issue it is, that means Sweet Tooth is gonna be untouchable.

2) I watched Team CRDL Pyrrha vs Penny and against Cinder. She doesn't seem in favor of throwing people around unless with her actual attacks. Done it on accident-where? I need to know.

3) I noticed. I also noticed that she was struggling more at that point and she also lost her own weapon deflecting. Look, what's your argument here? That's what I'm asking. Can you answer that at least?

Sweet - 17 (MrKing, DaBigP, Litentric, Lisir, Ciruno, DMUA, Jacky, Cropfist, Drite, Versus, Schro, Psycho, Kepekley23, Rin, Strong Click, Rebuble, Keeweed)

Pyrrha - 17 (Weekly, Anonymous, Triforce, Nico, Anton, Kazuma, Iapitus, DVD181, Overlord775, RotofBots, Lokolokurah, Xanxussama1010, Risci, FlowerAlex, SBBXeno, Arrogant, Sigma)

Incon - 1 (Dragon)

@Risci

Wait really? Looking up the wiki only showed that

• Since Penny has ferromagnetic components she can be affected by magnets, as seen in "Never Miss a Beat" and "PvP"."
Can you link me up? A bit confused on what to believe

Think I found it nevermind.

https://youtu.be/G5uFH7gIClw?t=240

timestamp 4:00 That, doesn't look like not magnetic I'm afraid

Penny you adorable Gem why did you have to go so soo

This is honestly getting ridiculous. Can't we go on with the rest of the Bracket? Stopping the entire thing just because a match is taking days to finish is probably the main reason they lose steam after some time.

I... I don't want to go through season 3 again...

The very fact that some wires got pushed hard enough to rip her apart but she wasn't affected should show that anyways. Specially when Pyrrha couldn't even concentrate on the wires since A) she didn't even know about them and B) she was being mind maniped to see a hundred more than what was actually there.

WeeklyBattles said:
1) Pyrrha pulling him out of the truck. Pulling Sweet Tooth out of the truck like any logical person would do
We've already went over why that wouldn't work. He hasn't been affected by magnets from within his car before.

Also he can just take off his clothes should Pyrrha be pulling him out by them.

Also I've never seen Pyrrha pull something like that with her polarity.

Also I'm pretty sure Pyrrha can't use her polarity that accuratly when she can't see inside of the van that properly + invisibility.

I don't think it's fair to assume his immune to magnests inside of the car for no reason. Not only does AP and Lifting Class no relate directly, has the magnet ever shown to affect smaller objects with that amount of strenght?

Because there is a palpable difference between affecting stuff small like bullets and tincans and something as large as a car.

@Triforce

What's stopping us from starting the next round aside from awaiting the verdict here? It can start anytime can't it?

That said I really do agree

@Weekly

1) Isn't Sweet Tooth half naked? Unless there's proof of her ability working on smaller things... And Sweet tooth is a big guy. You might just pull away his machete. Also again, is that really the first thing Pyrrha will do when she has done more?

2) Alright, she used it close ranged. Against Jaune who literally wears an armor. Also ouch. Poor Jaune.

3) Alright. Back to 1)

@Risci

Oh no don't worry, I already found the vid. And uh, it kinda refutes the idea of Penny not being magnetic. You can probably argue that aura isn't on maybe?

Still, it seems more like the range was localized and thus it only affected the knives that were aimed at Pyrrha. So her ability might not even have pushed the rest. Wires could be not magnetic? I don't think think Pyrrha was ever able to manipulate the wires themselves otherwise the match would be easy for her. Those points of yours are true but I'm afraid it's likelier that the range is localized.

Or even if Pyrrha can't pull her, she could at least pull her blades away from her so she can cut the wires. I think she'd be aware enough to see those wires mid battle? Ah well. Not the big dealbreaker here.

Give me a single time Pyrrha has accurately moved around small bits of metal from within an invisible object/behind walls that accurately and I might just take that seriously.

Sweet Tooth strips, either way.

@Ciruno Sweet Tooth has metal in his mask, on his body, on his belt, and on his boots, she has plenty of metal to work with, and yes, she's used it on smaller things (Bullets, cans, ets)

@Dargoo

From what I know, and repeatedly seen... not very far on picking things up close to her. Tossing things is a bit better.

Those things aren't smaller then cancs, the idea that a wall will make the difference in what she can affect is just nonlogical, and he doesn't spam invisibility, at all.

WeeklyBattles said:
Dargoo I'd appreciate it if you didnt put the image of Sweet Tooth stripping naked in this fight in everyone's head please and thank you
Yes and its game mechanics, there is no reason why she wouldnt be able to affect him.
Sweet Tooth incaps Pyrrha via disgusting her FRA

I strongly doubt it was game mechanics and even then my points above still hold.

@Weekly

Weekly you know when you said don't give the image of a stripping Sweet tooth to us?

Welll now you're giving the image of Pyrrha stripping Sweet Tooth xD

And frankly that's horrifying. But yeah if Pyrrha's lifting force is as strong as it sounds, it seems likelier that those things are gonna fly off.

Also accuracy check. All while being bombarded by attacks.

Also how the heck does she know he's wearing metal?

Cool

Link me when she does it on something behind a wall.

Also van yeets in the air outside of her magnetism range.

@Ciruno Because he's got a big metal ring on his body? And its literally the only thing he wears on his torso other than the leather straps that hold it there?

Yes, all while being bombarded by attacks as shes done before

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Again, please do tell why glass would stop her ability.
Tell me when she used her ability accurately enough to open a door and yank someone out of something (who can just remove the clothes he's wearing), from behind a wall.

Also IDK about you, but I wouldn't notice the small buttons on a guy's vest from 20 meters away.

Ciruno Fortes said:
Well not necessarily the glass Risci but uh...
More the question of

"How does Pyrrha know he's wearing that?"

She certainly has no way of detecting if someone's wearing metal as seen with Penny so...
Again, she pushed the wires without knowing they were there, and she couldn't exactly concentrate on the blades because of the illusions.

And I don't know what that looks like to you, but it's obviously metal on him.

@Jack Personally I feel like the next round should start regardless since the victor here doesn't affect the match until it's round 2.

@Weekly

Vehicle seems pretty dark tinted. Pyrrha figures that out at a glance while the car's trying to run her over?

Also, rip the belt off. Again. What's the point of that argument? It's not like he has a metal appendage or something like Penny.

Sweet - 18 (MrKing, DaBigP, Litentric, Lisir, Ciruno, DMUA, Jacky, Cropfist, Drite, Versus, Schro, Psycho, Kepekley23, Rin, Strong Click, Rebuble, Keeweed, Crimson)

Pyrrha - 17 (Weekly, Anonymous, Triforce, Nico, Anton, Kazuma, Iapitus, DVD181, Overlord775, RotofBots, Lokolokurah, Xanxussama1010, Risci, FlowerAlex, SBBXeno, Arrogant, Sigma)

Incon - 1 (Dragon)

WeeklyBattles said:
@Ciruno Sweet Tooth has metal in his mask, on his body, on his belt, and on his boots, she has plenty of metal to work with, and yes, she's used it on smaller things (Bullets, cans, ets)
Tooth's mask isn't metal, though. The only bits of metal on it would be the extremely small belt buckle at the back of the mask, which she wouldn't see. (since going by what everyone has said, apparently she needs to realize that the metal is there to begin with before she can manipulate it)

He's perfectly capable of just ripping off his bondage straps if he needs to. As evidenced by the fact that he tore through the straps on an electric chair with his bare hands.

If he's starting inside the truck, she won't even see his belt or his boots. They'd be hidden behind the dashboard of the truck.

She doesn't need to realize it. She litirally just slammed her hands forward and all metal was shot back, even the stuff she didn't see.

And again, I don't see why the metall he's wearing wouldn't sink into him like the wires with Penny.

Back