• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Brackets Round 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3PLsgp
Twenty-second round of the High 8-C Brackets Begins! The winner of the last round was the The Beheaded.

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates the fighter was disqualified or was stomped)

Hub

The contenders for this round are Sweet Tooth, submitted by MrKingofNegativity, and Hiei, submitted by RotofBots.

Sweet Tooth is inside of his vehicle and has access to all his tech/gear. Spirit Detective Arc Hiei is used. Speed is equalized, battle takes place in a demolition derby arena, 20m apart.

Sweet Tooth is >> 3.88 Tons, Hiei is < 6.8 Tons

Sweet Tooth -

Hiei -

Incon -

Twisted-metal-sweet-tooth
Hiei 2

This is his paralysis. I dunno where his telekinesis comes from. It might be the same thing.

Will say more on this later.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
This is his paralysis. I dunno where his telekinesis comes from. It might be the same thing.
IDK if he can even do that in this key.

Well I dunno his powers are all weird. I'm just wondering if he can paralyze or hold down sweet tooth but I don't know if that's the case actually.

All I really remember is that he only ever did that in his Jaganshi form, IIRC. I don't remember which arc he showed the ability in. (You gotta forgive me, I haven't read YYH since I was a teenager)

Although, he can still use his singular Jagan eye even in his base form, seeing as he used it to mind control a bunch of humans while in base. It just wouldn't be as powerful as what he can do in his Jaganshi form, I don't think.

Does his Paralysis works if he can't see the target, or if works in objects? If Hiei can make AoE attacks and hold them it can turn Sweet's vehicle in a moving furnance (unless the vehicle is somehow protected against that). Although, don't think that works at range due forcefields.

It should be, considering every character and their grandmother in Twisted Metal has something fire-based in their arsenal.

The fire do not need to melt the vehicle, but the heat can transfer to the inside, and you known, have you heard of the Sicilian bull?

I don't think the napalm is efficient against Hiei neither.

So he can affect the vehicles (assuming if his TK can surpass the vehicle's weight or at least get close to it). I guess he can't control directly the clown if Hiei do not known what's inside or/nor can't see him.

What attacks (aside from the conventional physical ones) can be useful against Hiei? since Napalm isn't.

His freeze missiles, probably.

Other than that, everything he has is a "coventional physical" attack in some form. He deals in bullets and explosives. And melee, whenever the truck is in Sweet Bot mode.

I mean, Hiei just won against an ice elemental, I doubt the missile is any better than what its previous opponent could do.

You asked a question and I gave you an answer. I never said they'd be a game-winner or anything.

RotofBots said:
He didn't need to use contact to paralyze. It's heavily implied to be telekinetic.
Telekinetic Paralysis can just be broken out of through AP or Lifting Strength if I'm not mistaken.

IDK if it would work on a van with dura/ap comparable to Hiei speeding towards him.

Would it prevent guns/weapons from coming out of Sweet Tooth's van and barraging Hiei?

Ciruno Fortes said:
I think a lot of us kinda agreed that either S Tooth or Pyrrha dies to Hiei on the S Tooth vs Pyrrha thread though?
Still have to provide reasoning though

TK is not limited by AP (unless is a poor TK), is generally limited by weight, but it seems like Hiei's LF is just Superhuman so don't think it can stop the vehicle.

Antoniofer said:
TK is not limited by AP (unless is a poor TK), is generally limited by weight, but it seems like Hiei's LF is just Superhuman so don't think it can stop the vehicle.
I agree with you but this whole website goes by the rule of "if you have comparable AP then you can resist telekinesis" which is total BS if you ask me.

man, this round is stagnating, I'd call the FRA squad but there isn't even any arguments yet

So actually, TK is both part AP and part LS.

AP matters when TK is being used for actual attacks. Pushes, TK punches, etc. LS is used when TK is being used to restrict.

TK is only AP if can launch harmful projectiles, most of the time is LF for attraction, repulsion, lifting and restraining (assuming the user can do that, although it would be weird if they can't).

So, not considering AP, Hiei seems more skilled and I guess he can project fire so that counter most projectiles from the vehicle (I also not known if he possesses AoE attacks); even if he can't defend from most projectiles two of them are not effective against him.

In the other hand, Sweet still has the cloaking (that may or not be counter by the Hiei's enhanced vision) and forcefields. So I think that Hiei has the upper hand here, so going to vore for him at the time.

I vote Hiei via more AP, a nice regen and via his flames being so hot that they can prob heat the inside of the car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back