• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Brackets Round 12

Sweet Tooth for being a better character?

I dunno man. There's a lotta shit to read here. I just woke up.

It's too early for this shit.

Mr. Bambu said:
Sweet Tooth for being a better character?
I've seen this joke made several times by several different people. Are RWBY characters really that bad?

Pardon my ignorance. I've never actually bothered to watch the show.

1. It does affect her weapons, i can give you scans of it if you'd like. If the truck is firing a shit ton of weapons and actively trying to run her over she'd have to be a complete idiot to not think its a threat to her. Yes she has, the Class K gear feat is a prime example. Watch her fight against Cinder, she spams magnetism outright with no subtlety against a person who is actively trying to kill her as she has no reason to try to hide her powers.

Yes, she can manipulate hundreds of individual pieces of metal simultaneously and manipulate things that weigh exponentially more than Sweet Tooth's truck with her magnetism manip, she would be able to stop the truck with little issue.

2. Here ya go, blatantly using magnetism to retrieve both her spear and her shield. Another instance of using magnetism to retrieve her weapons

3 Penny's blades are physically attached to her, she couldnt disarm her even if she wanted to.

Yes actually it does, it was blatantly stated in volume 4 that she lost a lot of fights due to her not bothering to ever strategize and just relying on punching her way out of every problem and overrelying on her semblance to do so.

Eh, depends which one.

RWBY is more about cool fights than the plot, or it was when Mounty planned it anyways.

@King Nah I just like Sweet Tooth, I've actually defended RWBY despite only having watched it like three times. I think people just sorta bandwagon hate RWBY.

Doesn't mean Sweet Tooth ain't a better character though, he's cool as **** for the Playstation 2 era.

I mean, I understand it, I just find it stupid. Naruto pulled of shit far worse in everything, from plot to animation, and got away with it.

Sweet - 16 (MrKing, DaBigP, Litentric, Lisir, Ciruno, DMUA, Jacky, Cropfist, Drite, Versus, Schro, Psycho, Kepekley23, Rin, Strong Click, Rebuble)

Pyrrha - 17 (Weekly, Anonymous, Triforce, Nico, Anton, Kazuma, Iapitus, DVD181, Overlord775, RotofBots, Lokolokurah, Xanxussama1010, Risci, FlowerAlex, SBBXeno, Arrogant, Sigma)

Christ this is worse than Jack v Po

400 comments

this is going to have more comments than the hub thread for the brackets

If we don't get either of those within a reasonable timeframe, can we get another coinflip?

@Weekly

1)

I didn't mention she was an idiot. I mentioned that the logical thing to do would be to not leave yourself stationary by focusing on an attack and being on the move, possibly to the side.

I watched it last night. I watched it earlier. I'll watch it again. The only times she really used magnetism is the subtle things she does (which doesn't mean she can subtly lift thoes gears, she needed to distract Cinder), and was all about melee. She mostly uses it to get back her weapons and the last bits of using the gears.

Or maybe it's a wave of force that attracts things like poles? For a moment I thought you said the aluminum cans were heavier than Sweet Tooth's truck. Anyway unless those heavy gears are shapeshifting, and unless Pyrrha immediately goes for Magnetism it's unlikely she pulls that off immediately.

After all, she certainly didn't go for "Heavy scale" attacks on Cardin's group, Penny, and Cinder. Usually opting for subtle manipulation of weapons used against her and used by her. She really used them as trump cards to hide her ability in the first place.

2) I'm sorry to disappoint, but I asked for "Her retrieving her weapons and metals on the range you specified". I never argued against her being able to pick up her weapons. I was arguing for that even. And again, that's going to be an issue if the enemy's constant barrages of attacks keep hitting and disarming her.

3)

Nonono. That's not what I mean. Instead of "Pushing them away with magnetism" she's "smacking em away with her sword". Magnetism would keep her disarmed from her weapons at that point.

I can't dismiss that. I'll give you that.

Nico-v11 said:
Pretty sure Sweet Tooth already won the coin flip Dargoo did earlier
Not sure why he did a coin flip when Pyrrha won before, won again, and is currently winning a third time

Votes were too even at the time, and votes are almost completely even again.

If nothing changes, I think it's perfectly valid.

WeeklyBattles said:
Nico-v11 said:
Pretty sure Sweet Tooth already won the coin flip Dargoo did earlier
Not sure why he did a coin flip when Pyrrha won before, won again, and is currently winning a third time
Technically Sweet Tooth has held the advantage for just as many times, tho

Also the coin flip was assuming the votes were even by the time grace was finished.

Also the votes aren't far enough away for anything but an incon, so technically Pyrrha isn't winning right now.

I think honestly, the longer the match goes with a closer vote gap, the likelier it is to be a tie.

@Keeweed

Yes it is : ) Vote whoever you need be, no grace period yet

Sweet - 17 (MrKing, DaBigP, Litentric, Lisir, Ciruno, DMUA, Jacky, Cropfist, Drite, Versus, Schro, Psycho, Kepekley23, Rin, Strong Click, Rebuble, Keeweed)

Pyrrha - 17 (Weekly, Anonymous, Triforce, Nico, Anton, Kazuma, Iapitus, DVD181, Overlord775, RotofBots, Lokolokurah, Xanxussama1010, Risci, FlowerAlex, SBBXeno, Arrogant, Sigma)

oof

The I'll vote Sweet Tooth FRA (heat seeking attacks that aren't magnetic, invisibility, higher durability and ap, and already dealing with some with magnetism before) (also before you say anything I've been following this thread for a day now, just was to nervous to vote)

1) Yes, hold the truck stationary and then walk to the side, thus avoiding almost every weapon Sweet can possibly use on her as the truck cant turn to aim or lock onto her.

No, the gears are heavier than Sweet's truck by several orders of magnitude, his truck is 2.5 tons, Pyrrha can lift in the triple digit tons. shapeshifting doesnt matter when her magnetism just keeps the van's internal components from moving at all.

2) She doesnt NEED to retrieve her weapon from hundreds of meters away because theyre not going to be hundreds of meters away. Youre asking for something that doesnt matter in this fight. The constant barrages of attacks are going to be useless when the truck cant aim at her and nonexistent when she pulls him out of it.

3) Here ya go

@Keeweed Invisibility is temporary and useless when pyrrha magnetism manips the truck, dura and ap dont matter when pyrrha pulls sweet out of the truck and oneshots him

The thing i dislike/hate in any brackets:

-Characters get disqualified due of being too haxxed (For this one the submitter get the fault)

-Unbalance shit (this is unlikely| Megumi: But you say Kira vs Faiz was- Shut up, that's for crack, not being serious for Dargoo)

-This kind of thread (aside Squalo vs Nero), really hate it

1) Considering how much she struggled to move the gears, that might be a bit hard. On the first place, how does Pyrrha know that Sweet Tooth can do all of that and would be able to stop him from attacking him at all completely in the first moments of match.

It seems it's either durability or lifting.

2) Exactly. Okay see, slight issue. AP gap. Other slight issue, that's on the idea that she uses her magnetism on people to throw them around a lot. And she doesn't really do that. Also the range thing was something that needs clarifying since you argued for a range advantage with her bullets and argued for the case that somehow her magnetism range is 450 meters +

3) ? Weekly I'm not sure what you're trying to show. I agree that Pyrrha can pick it up. What I don't agree with is her pulling the optimal best choice right away in a match.

4) Let's just call it a draw instead of drawing this out. yeee wordplay

Back