• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hax Battle: Ultra Instinct VS Kenbunshoku Haki (Color of Observation)

Not sure if I should post it here or in General Discussion board, but ...

A fight between two random characters with equalized attributes.

One with Ultra Instinct from Dragon Ball, the other one with Kenbunshoku haki (On Luffy's level).

Kenbunshoku2
Luffy uses Kenbunshoku Haki to predict and evade attacks from opponents

Goku Ultra Instinct
Ultra Instinct Goku

SchroKatze said:
Kk eae Takatão
kk eae, man.

Well, but Kenbunshoku isn't just precog, right? Anyway, the other uses for Kenbunshoku may not be that useful for battles.

I guess it can be used to detect the other presence? but that's like kinda meh compared to some precog who can predict how the battles will playout(and perfectly follow) before it even begin.

Ultra Instinct is basically Auto-dodge. Spoilers for the new episode, but Goku was able to charge up a Kamehameha without putting a single thought into dodging yet he still dodged a hailstorm of ki blasts from Kaulifa (Or whatever her name was) with EASE. If you ask me, that's much better than Precognition where you can screw up. I'd take a 99% dodge rate than a "It's all skill" rate.

Not Jim Sterling said:
Nah Eldrad win despite he has 99.99999%(1 from 1000000) change to lose.
What does this mean o_o

That Eldrad would win despite them having a 99.99999% chance to lose?

What is this?

So far nobody in One Piece has good enough Kenbunshoku Haki to Counter Ultra Instinct. Not even Katakuri.

Tbh this should be closed.

Personally I think UI is better. The body reacts on its own to dodge the oncoming attacks without the aid of mind. So even if the mind is incapacitated and told not to dodge the oncoming attack, the body will still automatically dodge it.

Unconscious dodging ovo

I would say you can dodge incoming attack more precisely with good enough precog due to you can know what exactly the enemy gonna do or even attack them before they are ready, because I doubt your senses alone can decidle what is the absolute best option for you without clear info of your opponent ability, and this info from precog is especially useful against enemy that can hax you to death.

Pfft... please. Both of these suck compared Meltlilith's Hit Detectio hax.

She can set the laws of reality so that she can never register as "being hit". As a result, no matter what you throw at her, it won't work since reality says, "Nope, you didn't hit her." It's dodging without dodging.

The only way to bypass it is to rewrite the laws of reality again so that it can register her as "being hit".

Haki is far more useful and versatile than UI. pls.

In a straight fight Haki loses, tho

UI does feel better its all on instinct with no true thoughts coming in while haki you have to process it really

Not only that but we haven't even seen the full extent of Haki. Haki itself is still very mysterious.

btw Kenbunshoku isn't only for Precognition, it can also be used to locate another person, sense emotions, allows to see the strength of the opponent and gives a 360 degree view of the battlefield. Tbh people really shouldn't pay attention only to the precognition aspect of Kenbunshoku Haki.

"Hax battle" rofl... okay. Where are the hax?

Anyways, Kenbunshoku haki is low-level pre-cog that requires the user to remain mostly calm, otherwise the effects will vanish until they can regain their composure. Even the most advanced user to date--Charlotte Katakuri--can only see several seconds into the future at most, and is still susceptible to the weakness.

The user can not see the results of their actions upon seeing an initial prediction. Katakuri can see Luffy dodge, and thus alters his attack direction, yet Luffy dodges anyways and Katakuri is not prepared for that. This weakness would only attribute against an opponent with somewhat comparable or equal pre-cog though.

Ultra Instinct is still fresh and new. It's not even pre-cog. It's merely instinctive reaction and doesn't allow the user to actually see the future, but rather act upon the opponent's movements... instinctively... <_< The level at which this is effective is questionable, as Goku has only fought one opponent in UI that he didn't flat out stomp, and that fight was relatively short and didn't show much of anything in terms of ability.

Kenbunshoku Haki = Shows the user the brief future, and grants the ability to sense the presence of nearby opponents.

Ultra Instinct = Grants the user the ability to effectively dodge and counter purely on instinct without wasting movement.

There's no winner here, really. They both suck <_<

Would Ultra Instinct actually count as a hax? Automatically dodging seems pretty hax to me but it's also one of those NLFish things.

Theoretically, as long as the speeds are in the same ballpark, Ultra Instinct should automatically dodge everything. If an opponent is simply faster by leaps and bounds, Ultra Instinct allows the user to fight them more effectively than otherwise (Although not as good as if they were in the same ballpark of speed).

Goku did demonstrate that you can get hit in UI, even if it's just a haircut or an elbow graze. This shows that there are clear limits to UI, as there are some things that you might not be able to dodge no matter what. UI does give you a massive power boost that gradually increases, so if we gave this power to base humans, they would be far more than 400x faster and stronger, even if it does cook you and your stamina into vapor.

Observation Haki gives you extremely limited precog that isn't going to be enough to save you from a flurry of Supersonic blows.

The show already adressed why his UI was failing and didn't one-shot kefla, he still hadn't perfected it and was spending time thinking about his attacks, when he got his hair struck by the beam he was clearly attacking.

@Amexim using Goku as an example of the weaknesses of UI is just really bad. Goku has only used UI twice so far so he's far from mastering it.

And about Kenbunshoku it's not extremely limited precognition. Saying that is downplay, while it's limited precognition it doesn't mean it's not gonna help evade attacks. Look at Katakuri. Also lol at Kenbunshoku not being able to evade a Subsonic attacks.

I mean... I'm just tryna be as objective as possible. I don't think Observation is trash, but it's not, like, me knowing what I will have for breakfast tomorrow levels of precog. I said Supersonic, and was referring to base humans having these powers. But I think 400 times our combat speed is, like, Low Hypersonic or something? UI Ningen against Observation Ningen bodies, because they get faster and stronger the more they fight, have already high stats, and the pressure would be ******* immense on the Observation Ningen. Low Hypersonic reactions alone won't put down UI.

Well, UI is screwed against large AOE attack, while with precognition you can actually think of a way to dodge it.

If your precognition is good enough.

Back