• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gojo VS Makima • (13-2-1) • Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Spider devil was still ****** by Cosmos info dump.
This isn't true.

Speaking of which, Makima's contract has never allowed for extremely esoteric abilities to be transferred onto citizens of Japan.
Santa could, and their abilities are combarable. Granted, Santa doesn't have access to the Cosmos Fiend's mind which is a simultaneously bottomless and completely full pit, and thus she was overwhelmed.

I don't even know why I'm bothering to argue points I don't really care about. Gojo gets folded as soon as Makima speaks. She lacks ESP or the necessary enhanced senses to sense power. She smells he's human and uses Conquest.

Wait a minute, if verses are equalized, then can’t Gojo just….break Makima’s prime minister contract? At least for himself.

If a contract is supposed to be the equivalent to a binding vow if we go by verse equalization, then Gojo should be able to break the contract just like any sorcerer is able to break a binding vow if they so choose. He wouldn’t even suffer any consequences from it because Makima’s contract including Gojo is something that was not consented of by Gojo himself, which is the main criteria for imposing a binding vow between sorcerers and the dangers of breaking it.

I think just having the DT not the user there would suffice but that's the smaller problem, DT not even in the profile.
I wasn't kidding when I said that she and the rest of the verse need their profiles updated.

Kinda like JJK at the moment, truly sister series even in this regard.

bro verse shouldn't be equalized
lemme copy and paste this
"Chainsaw Man characters don't channel an energy at all... all their abilities are fully biological or demonic om nature. You don't see Denji channeling some esoteric energy force to enhance his physicality or speed. Pochita just merged themselves with Denji's heart to give him the ability to transform. Other people make contracts, or are just devils.

JJK on the other hand actually uses an esoteric energy to enhance physicality and empower techniques.

They barely have similarities. There's similarities between the two series, but acting is if Chainsaw Man's "Universal energy system" is similar is incorrect. It just has aspects are similar. Devils in hell are born from fears. Curses in JJK are born from negative emotions in general. That's around where the similarities mostly end. And that's such a weak connection at that imo."

Also Gojo's info hax type 2 is vastly better than Cosmo's mind hax. Her's stops at simple mind hax, Gojo's overloads the mind and soul with infinite type 2 information.
Unlimited Void is just Type 1 Information dumping

This isn't true.
0070-017.jpg

Santa could, and their abilities are combarable. Granted, Santa doesn't have access to the Cosmos Fiend's mind which is a simultaneously bottomless and completely full pit, and thus she was overwhelmed.
They are not comparable, Cosmos isn't infinite and her's stop at mind hax. UV is Type 2 information hax, that overloads you with infinite amounts of knowledge that targets the mind itself and can effect the soul.

Just because they're similar does not make them comparable.
I don't even know why I'm bothering to argue points I don't really care about. Gojo gets folded as soon as Makima speaks. She lacks ESP or the necessary enhanced senses to sense power. She smells he's human and uses Conquest.
She'd need to view herself as superior / have the opponent feel inferior to her. Secondly, Gojo is consistently destroying and repairing his brain so I doubt mind control would even work. Furthermore, her mind hax has been broken by the likes of Power and Angel.

This isn't true.
I'm still correct, the Spider Devil was not present at all.

They are not comparable, Cosmos isn't infinite and her's stop at mind hax.
Cosmos is, in fact, infinite. And it's instant as well unlike UV's 2.5 years of info/s rate.

UV is Type 2 information hax
I thought it was Type 1.

She'd need to view herself as superior
She feels this way about humans in general, unless she is aware of their reputation i.e Kishibe.

Secondly, Gojo is consistently destroying and repairing his brain so I doubt mind control would even work.
No, regen does not nullify mind hax.

Furthermore, her mind hax has been broken by the likes of Power and Angel.
Angel broke it by being back where his home village was, and remembering that Makima made him kill his whole village (she instantly put him back under Conquest, btw).
Power broke it by remembering the bond she and Denji share, how important he is to her.

Essentially, you need a burst of extremely strong emotion, and even then she can put you back under her command with a single word.

I'm still correct, the Spider Devil was not present at all.
Semantics, I meant the Doll Devil big deal.
Cosmos is, in fact, infinite. And it's instant as well unlike UV's 2.5 years of info/s rate.
Nowhere is it stated nor implied to be infinite. Miss me with that "knowledge of the universe" shit because that means Jack shit unless the cosmology of the verse is also infinite in size, which CSM isn't accepted as.
I thought it was Type 1.
Even if it is that's still leagues better than Cosmos given that one is a massive albeit finite info dump and one is a infinite information dump that effects the soul as well.
She feels this way about humans in general, unless she is aware of their reputation i.e Kishibe.
Gojo literally gives off the presence of the strongest around.
No, regen does not nullify mind hax.
In Makima's case yes, it does. Makima's doesn't target the mind itself, she quite literally targets the brain. The same thing that Gojo can destroy and rebuild passively.
Angel broke it by being back where his home village was, and remembering that Makima made him kill his whole village (she instantly put him back under Conquest, btw).
Power broke it by remembering the bond she and Denji share, how important he is to her.

Essentially, you need a burst of extremely strong emotion, and even then she can put you back under her command with a single word.
implying Gojo isn't capable of extremely strong bursts of emotion.

Incorrect, actually. Toji can both see curses and sense cursed energy.
Tbf, he "senses" cursed energy via his natural 5 senses, he doesn't really have a 6th sense or anything.

As mentioned earlier, Gojo's intimidation vs the assassins involved no CE towards them, it was pure intent. We similarly saw Daido, a swordsman with no CE control, capable of emitting bloodlust that affected sorcerers and cursed spirits.

Correct my bad.

You sure do happen to remember a lot about manga with hot dudes
Contrary to what most people believe, remembering stuff that happens in JJK isn't really difficult lol.
Tbf, he "senses" cursed energy via his natural 5 senses, he doesn't really have a 6th sense or anything.
True, but that's a trait of his Heavenly Restriction amplifying his senses to the absolute peak of human performance, something Makima wouldn't really have on Toji's level.

True, but that's a trait of his Heavenly Restriction amplifying his senses to the absolute peak of human performance, something Makima wouldn't really have on Toji's level.
Wasn't Makima able to spot the gun devil (an abstract being) from over 300 miles away using her base senses?

I also think it's more of a detriment to argue that she can't sense CE, if that is the case, she literally can't see anything Gojo is doing. He can just erase her with blue orbs or hollow purple and she'd literally be unable to tell what he was doing outside of Gojo making weird handsigns and chanting a bunch of nonsense.

Wasn't Makima able to spot the gun devil (an abstract being) from over 300 miles away using her base senses?
Yeah iirc, but difference between that and Toji's senses are mechanics. Toji may not be able to see at a distance Makima can, but his senses provide other general mechanics that Makima would not be given via her senses, Toji can see curses, he can see changes in the air density, he can track via smell and footprints, etc, Makima can not.

I kinda went on a tangent but you see my point, that being: Toji is HIM.

Yeah iirc, but difference between that and Toji's senses are mechanics. Toji may not be able to see at a distance Makima can, but his senses provide other general mechanics that Makima would not be given via her senses, Toji can see curses, he can see changes in the air density, he can track via smell and footprints, etc, Makima can not.

I kinda went on a tangent but you see my point, that being: Toji is HIM.
Yeah, I guess the refinement of his senses are much higher.

I don't see how that impact the kid Gojo feat though, it's not like we are given the indication that Gojo flares his aura or anything. He just looks at dudes menacingly.I mean no offense to my man Denji, but he didn't quite put the world on tilt with his literal existence lol.

Fair, I was just correcting information. I don't really think that it has much impact on how Gojo's rizz interacts with Makima-

They're bloodlusted so Gojo starts with DE. Makima wouldn't be thinking normal human when from the very beginning this guy is a match to her speed and opening what looks like a Universe before her eyes. There's also no guarantee that bloodlusted Makima wouldn't start with another of her sure-kill options. Or am I wrong? Not a vote yet, but I don't think she'd see Gojo as inferior under these circumstances.

It sucks to debate, because it tends to get pretty chaotic.
That's the best part
images

Also, while it is a pretty debatable and probably fun match, it doesn't have many deeper connections. It's kinda just "strong guy from this verse meets strong girl from this verse"
Nah man, an amazing MU doesn't need to be have a deeper connections in most of time, good'ol force of powerful guy with charisma vs evil'ol force of powerful girl with charisma can be so special

Genuinely uncertain about this. I would say no but due to the abstract nature of Devils in CSM I could be wrong.
Devils have a similar kind of Abstract Existence to high tier cursed spirits like the disaster curses. I'm surprised that they don't have Abstract Existence listed, but I would argue that since Mahito is capable of transfiguring the souls of cursed spirits, he should be capable of transfiguring the souls of devils.

Devils have a similar kind of Abstract Existence to high tier cursed spirits like the disaster curses. I'm surprised that they don't have Abstract Existence listed, but I would argue that since Mahito is capable of transfiguring the souls of cursed spirits, he should be capable of transfiguring the souls of devils.
Abstract Existence is listed in the Devil Physiology page

Let's go about Makima, She can't resist damage to her brain... let me tell you something very complex and surprising... she is not human... She literally removes her own brain and uses it as a halo...

What does Gojo do about having a mold bigger than his head being created inside his brain?

And Makima can see the future, If any problems appear she can teleport to rats and perform several long-distance rituals until Gojo is dead.

Let's go about Makima, She can't resist damage to her brain... let me tell you something very complex and surprising... she is not human... She literally removes her own brain and uses it as a halo...
Let me drop some secret sutra sauce to you. Come closer

Infinite Void works on souls and cursed spirits fam.
What does Gojo do about having a mold bigger than his head being created inside his brain?
Makima has nothing to bypass limitless. Limitless can block things like heat which radiate, it can block spawn on target slashes like cleave, and you cannot spawn things inside of a sorcerer because the body is a domain. So good luck to Makima since she can't bypass limitless nor his bodies natural domain.

And Makima can see the future, anything she can teleport to rats and perform several long-distance rituals until Gojo is dead.
While Makima is getting info transmitted to her, Gojo is going to be flying around her and nuking her. Tough to say her limited pre-cog would be a factor here.

Honestly a much more interesting match-up would've been Sukuna vs Makima 😳
Anyways, this is the matchup I support, but only after my Sukuna profile rework gets accepted.

Note: I’ll fix the tier ratings once we finally figure how we’re gonna rate these characters 🗿, so that’s why it’s a bit old on the ratings stat wise.

But an upgraded Sukuna with Megumi’s CT going up against Makima with all the devils she has at her disposal would be a nutty match I can’t lie.
irb1uw27cdx91.jpg

Let me drop some secret sutra sauce to you. Come closer

Infinite Void works on souls and cursed spirits fam.

Makima has nothing to bypass limitless. Limitless can block things like heat which radiate, it can block spawn on target slashes like cleave, and you cannot spawn things inside of a sorcerer because the body is a domain. So good luck to Makima since she can't bypass limitless nor his bodies natural domain.

While Makima is getting info transmitted to her, Gojo is going to be flying around her and nuking her. Tough to say her limited pre-cog would be a factor here.
Good thing Makima doesn't have CE so a sorcerer's internal domain is useless for her attacks and Mold literally ignores distance so 🥳

Makima will see the future and consequently will act already knowing what Gojo is going to do and then she just teleports out of range of Gojo's DE.

Good thing Makima doesn't have CE so a sorcerer's internal domain is useless for her attacks and Mold literally ignores distance so 🥳
That doesn’t make sense to me, why would Makima not having CE make it so her attacks bypass an internal domain.

Also Sukuna can just…remove his heart, he don’t need that shit to stay alive.
Makima will see the future and consequently will act already knowing what Gojo is going to do and then she just teleports out of range of Gojo's DE.
How would Makima know to look into the future first before Gojo activates his domain.

When talking about "Internal Domain" are yall referring to an Innate Domain? Or is an "Internal Domain" an entirely different concept?

That doesn’t make sense to me, why would Makima not having CE make it so her attacks bypass an internal domain.

Also Sukuna can just…remove his heart, he don’t need that shit to stay alive.

How would Makima know to look into the future first before Gojo activates his domain.
DE in general do not work well with those who do not have CE and in the case of ID it is even worse since the whole point is that it is a natural force that repels CE and is completely ignored by anything without CE.

And I was talking about Gojo not Sukuna.

Makima is bloodlusted she will use everything she can in battle and being able to see the future is an absurd advantage that has zero negative effects.

It's really not, being able to neutralize CT means it touches the material, spiritual, and informational existences. Ignoring distance doesn't bypass infinity unless done on a conceptual level like Sukuna.

I'm also pretty sure Makima's techniques are much less casual than Gojo's. Her pulling off even one devil feat is gonna be a risk and she'll most likely be dying a lot and resetting and with six eyes giving him vision over several kilometers, along with his flight and own teleportation, idk how Makima would even benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back