• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gojo VS Makima • (13-2-1) • Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenks

He/Him
FC/OC VS Battles
Administrator
Yeah, it's this match-up. I know. It ******* sucks. But it's never concluded on this site before.

So let the chaos begin once more...

- - - - -

GOJO SATORU, THE STRONGEST JUJUTSU SORCERER OF THE MODERN ERA

VS

MAKIMA, THE CONTROL DEVIL

ATrLnnK.png
J5rOUny.png

Verse NOT Equalized - No Prior Knowledge - No Preparation Time - Gojo is a Japanese Citizen - Speed Equalized - Bloodlusted - To the Death - In Shibuya

Please add a definitive "I am voting for x" in your response if you choose to vote for a character on this thread. Otherwise, I will not be assuming comments are a vote for a specific character even if they are arguing in favor of a person winning.

Gojo: 13: @Maitreya, @azontr @Magicomethkuon @LordGinSama @Dr._whiteee, @Scottycj256, @KingNanaya, @Da3ggman, @NotoriouSoda, @BoastJr, @Spinoirr, @Sir_sun_man, @YungManzi
Makima: 2: @Zabazab, @Arkenis
Inconclusive: 1: @Robo432343

Last edited:
You shidding me? This MU is actually really amazing to say
It sucks to debate, because it tends to get pretty chaotic. Also, while it is a pretty debatable and probably fun match, it doesn't have many deeper connections. It's kinda just "strong guy from this verse meets strong girl from this verse"

L + Overrated
Accelerator vs Gojo where.

with like hundreds of thousands of people in Japan
the chance of Gojo accidentally killing himself is pretty low until he just hollows purple Makima.

Though wouldn't the finger guns actually just straight up kill Gojo if she lands it on his head rather than the body.
that's a possible wincon

Accelerator vs Gojo where.
already done, Accel killed him

with like hundreds of thousands of people in Japan
hundreds of millions xD

Though wouldn't the finger guns actually just straight up kill Gojo if she lands it on his head rather than the body.
We can discuss it. I personally think so. It's a TK attack that auto-impacts the target from what I remember. I don't think Gojo's Infinity can detect forces like that.

The Finger guns wouldn't even bypass Infinity.
Explanation?

Bang is almost assuredly a conclusive blast, rather than just some telekinesis that spawns directly in the target.

Bang is a projectile. It doesn't miraculously spawn on Gojo to effect him past Infinity, nor is it spatial hax
It's a TK force projectile, though, if anything. Not sure Infinity covers that.

It still produces force, and it still travels, which would fall under what Infinity registers.
Infinity can only register vectors within the realms of what's it has shown or state to register. Anything further would be edging on no-limits-fallacy.

An invisible telekinetic force strike isn't something I recall it registering. Do you have a scan that disproves this?

Infinity can only register vectors within the realms of what's it has shown or state to register. Anything further would be edging on no-limits-fallacy.

An invisible telekinetic force strike isn't something I recall it registering. Do you have a scan that disproves this?
I do remember Cursed techniques including telekinesis so it might be registered

Not how that works. Infinity registers anything that has mass, shape, or speed, and since power systems are equalized, this would include cursed energy or things equal to cursed energy, which Makima's bang falls as under your rules.
It is in-fact how that works yes. Powers are indeed assumed to have limits within the scope of what they show.

Anyway, the attack does not have really have a mass or shape, and speed is debatable. So, I'd still prefer a more concrete scan of it blocking TK.

While Curses = Devils by these rules, I am unsure this would equivalate cursed energy to being innate devil powers. I should've specified "Verse Equalization" rather than "Power System"

Anyway, the attack does not have really have a mass or shape, and speed is debatable
It has to have mass and speed or else it wouldn't produce any force, as force = mass * acceleration. It's also a projectile so it not having speed wouldn't make... sense.
While Curses = Devils by these rules, I am unsure this would equivalate cursed energy to being innate devil powers.
If you equate Devils and Curses as the same thing, you automatically equate Cursed Energy and Cursed Techniques as being equivalent to Devil powers.

It has to have mass and speed or else it wouldn't produce any force, as force = mass * acceleration.
Telekinetic Force explicitly doesn't require such things, no. It's literally the ability to affect shit without physically interacting with it. Mass and shape are irrelevant.

If you equate Devils and Curses as the same thing, you automatically equate Cursed Energy and Cursed Techniques as being equivalent to Devil powers.
Not exactly, you see...

Devils and Curses are formed in a similar enough fashion, which is why I equivalate them. But cursed techniques are a bit different than that. Devil powers are innately derived from the conceptual fear that a devil represents, while curses in JJK use their innate cursed energy to develop their own unique techniques.

So while I think they're physiology is equivalent, the actual powers they use seem pretty distinct.

It's not a NLF since we know that Infinity stops things that have mass and velocity. Bang is just telekinesis, which has a velocity and a projectile.

Telekinetic Force explicitly doesn't require such things, no. It's literally the ability to affect shit without physically interacting with it. Mass and shape are irrelevant.
You know what's not irrelevant? The fact that Bang still has a projectile, I.E a vector that Gojo's infinity can automatically block.

She isn't Tatsumaki where Tat's can spawn her TK directly onto you, Makima just sends blasts of concussive force. Her TK isn't anything spatial, let alone abstract enough to bypass Infinity.

You know what's not irrelevant? The fact that Bang still has a projectile, I.E a vector that Gojo's infinity can automatically block.
Already said that Gojo can't auto-block every kind of vector. That'd be NLF.

Do telekinetic force vectors exist in JJK, and has he blocked them before? If so then sure.

This doesn't even make sense, because if something isn't physically interacting with a target to produce force to move them in a certain way, then it wouldn't even produce any effect regardless of scale. You have a misunderstanding of how telekinesis works, fundamentally.
Not exactly, you see...

Devils and Curses are formed in a similar enough fashion, which is why I equivalate them. But cursed techniques are a bit different than that. Devil powers are innately derived from the conceptual fear that a devil represents, while curses in JJK use their innate cursed energy to develop their own unique techniques.

So while I think they're physiology is equivalent, the actual powers they use seem pretty distinct.
You can't half ass verse equalization like this, especially not when you yourself put "Verse Equalized" in the OP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back