• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gojo VS Makima • (13-2-1) • Grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devils are not typically invisible, or an intagible-abstract, or incorporeal, or anything other than physically present meat-beings, and do not produce supernatural energy. They just reincarnate due to embodying a concept.

Sensing bloodlust would itself be a feat, literally no one other than that one waiter reacted to Jogo.

I suppose that does depend on if you consider Gojo to be so much stronger than Makima that just sensing his rizz would make her view herself as the inferior opponent, which is a separate argument all together.
Sensing bloodlust would itself be a feat, literally no one other than that one waiter reacted to Jogo.
Illiterate? 🤔
And keep in mind, the only reason the only people couldn't sense it was likely because Jogo was only emitting his bloodlust once he heard that Kenjaku had the prison realm. In which, he was clearly more excited than his usual stoic self.

Devils are not typically invisible, or an intagible-abstract, or incorporeal, or anything other than physically present meat-beings, and do not produce supernatural energy. They just reincarnate due to embodying a concept.

If they embody a concept, then they are abstract. Mind you, even normal humans can sense CT when the aura of a place is strong enough or they are close to death. Makima is on a clock the moment the match begins, so I really don't see how she goes unimpacted here, especially with an extremely narrow wincon.

Illiterate?
Please don't be mean 🥺

But no, saying he only emitted bloodlust momentarily does not change the fact that only one person in the whole cafe reacted.

If they embody a concept, then they are abstract.
Neither ESP nor Enhanced Senses are required to detect Devils.

All humans in JJK have a certain amount of CE, while in CSM there is no supernatural energy system at all, saying Makima could sense it doesn't make sense imo.

especially with an extremely narrow wincon.
Her wincon is significantly easier to reach, which is simply speaking.

Neither ESP nor Enhanced Senses are required to detect Devils.

All humans in JJK have a certain amount of CE, while in CSM there is no supernatural energy system at all, saying Makima could sense it doesn't make sense imo.
I mean, CSM is clearly not a purely physical universe. If devils embody concepts and emotion/thought can empower them, that means the power system is inherently abstract and conceptual. Which would coincide with aspects of CE given that curses are brithed in an extremely similar way and also do physically exist even if unable to be perceived by regular humans or non human monitoring.
Her wincon is significantly easier to reach, which is simply speaking.
It's really not. Gojo is not killing her more than 5 times before DE is coming out and she's clapped after that.

But no, saying he only emitted bloodlust momentarily does not change the fact that only one person in the whole cafe reacted.
Uh yeah, it wouldn't change the fact, but it doesn't need to change the fact because there's a reason only one person sensed it lol... whether you agree with that reason or not is up to you, ig.

Cursed Spirits and Devils, on a surface level, appear similar. That is true.

It doesn't change the fact that CSM does not have an energy system, let alone a UES like Cursed Energy.

Cursed Spirits and Devils, on a surface level, appear similar. That is true.

It doesn't change the fact that CSM does not have an energy system, let alone a UES like Cursed Energy.
Just because they lack a universal energy system, doesn't mean they don't have irregular ontology impacting the verse which would equalize to aspects of CE. They obviously don't have to be exactly equal or standardization wouldn't be a thing. But given both embody concepts/abstrats, can be empowered by emotion/thought, and both exists in physical form, I think that's well enough to make a determination here, especially given the additional evidence from Gojo's aura vs the assassins, and Daido's mere existence.

I am pretty sure Toji mentioned how it just took him one look to know The child was different when he was born. because of Six eyes
I'm pretty sure Makima would easily sense that as well
Toji identified this trait in Gojo simply because nobody else was capable of sensing him. It isn't that Toji looked at Gojo and sensed that he had good eyes, its that Gojo looked at Toji when nobody else ever had, and that put him off guard.

Unless Makima has a similar kind of move that's supposed to be invisble/undetectable/unpreventable that Gojo blocks, she wouldn't have this same line of thinking.

It's really not. Gojo is not killing her more than 5 times before DE is coming out and she's clapped after that.
I don't think DE would work.

Makima would transfer the brain damage to other citizens. Assuming 0.2 seconds is enough to kill (high-ball), then Makima could survive for 289 days straight in Gojo's domain since there's over a hundred million Japanese people.

I think Hollow Purple is a potentially better option, though it's unclear if Makima can resurrect from that degree of annihilation.

I don't think DE would work.

Makima would transfer the brain damage to other citizens. Assuming 0.2 seconds is enough to kill (high-ball), then Makima could survive for 15 years straight in Gojo's domain since there's over a hundred million Japanese people.

I think Hollow Purple is a potentially better option, though it's unclear if Makima can resurrect from that degree of annihilation.
Can Makima interact with info type 2? If not, Gojo is going to fry her. .2 seconds incapacitated regular humans for 6 months. Gojo has a full on conversation with Jogo for a bit before tearing his head off. Assuming Makima is in his domain for even 5 seconds, and her brain is going to explode. Even Sukuna, who was only exposed for a sliver of a second, had a full on aneurysm.

I think it also deserves mention that Gojo can literally deconstruct Makima with RCT since she is a devil. I don't really see how she does anything in CqC either given 6 eyes Gojo being >>> her in CqC and teleportation.

I truly don't see how Makima does much here, but I'd be glad to listen to any arguments I've missed for her.

Can Makima interact with info type 2? If not, Gojo is going to fry her. .2 seconds incapacitated regular humans for 6 months. Gojo has a full on conversation with Jogo for a bit before tearing his head off. Assuming Makima is in his domain for even 5 seconds, and her brain is going to explode. Even Sukuna, who was only exposed for a sliver of a second, had a full on aneurysm.

I think it also deserves mention that Gojo can literally deconstruct Makima with RCT since she is a devil. I don't really see how she does anything in CqC either given 6 eyes Gojo being >>> her in CqC and teleportation.

I truly don't see how Makima does much here, but I'd be glad to listen to any arguments I've missed for her.
Makima isn't interacting with it. She just transfers the damage inflicted onto her by the Domain onto other citizens.

So like how you said it would fry/blow up her brain. She isn't actively preventing that from happening, she's just going to transfer that damage to a random Japanese citizen, and in-turn, resurrect herself like new.

So let's say every 0.2 seconds another person dies due to that damage transfer, it would take 289 days for her to run out of people to transfer the damage to.

Makima’s mind hax won’t work on Gojo even if no prior knowledge is given.

This is because Gojo’s very presence emits a kind of pressure that people can feel and notice and fear from, even as far back as when he was a child. He passively makes both curses and sorcerers stronger alike and changed the very world of JJK just by existing.

Makima doesn’t need to know who Gojo is to fear him, she’ll feel it.

Makima isn't interacting with it. She just transfers the damage inflicted onto her by the Domain onto other citizens.

So like how you said it would fry/blow up her brain. She isn't actively preventing that from happening, she's just going to transfer that damage to a random Japanese citizen, and in-turn, resurrect herself like new.

So let's say every 0.2 seconds another person dies due to that damage transfer, it would take 289 days for her to run out of people to transfer the damage to.
What is the limit on it? Can she survive immediate brain death? It seems like an NLF to just say she can transfer any amount of damage from any modality.

Like for example, what happens if some soul manips her body akin to Mahito. Would you say that damage would also get transferred? (serious question).

Unless Makima has feats of redirecting hax like the Info Manipulation of the domain expansion wouldn't that mean that it's NLF to assume she could transfer that sort of damage?
Yes it would. It’d be a NLF to claim that Makima could transfer something like unlimited void onto another person.

Does Makima have feats of transferring something with info manip onto someone else?

What is the limit on it? Can she survive immediate brain death?
Makima has explicitly recovered from severe brain damage on multiple occasions with no issue. Having her brains blown out by bullets and such.
Like for example, what happens if some soul manips her body akin to Mahito. Would you say that damage would also get transferred? (serious question).
Genuinely uncertain about this. I would say no but due to the abstract nature of Devils in CSM I could be wrong.
Unless Makima has feats of redirecting hax like the Info Manipulation of the domain expansion wouldn't that mean that it's NLF to assume she could transfer that sort of damage?
She isn't redirecting the hax, only the damage inflicted by the hax.

The Information Manip will affect her. But its effects are what will be transferred to others.

It's not an NLF.

She is transferring the results of that attack though?? Not the attack? She doesn’t need to interact with it.

Not saying she does redirect it but in general the conception is weird.

In CSM, characters with spare bodies can transfer mental attacks into them, as stated by Santa Claus and seen when Santa failed to handle the mental attack of the Cosmos Fiend, which grants the target omniscience (total understanding of everything in the universe) and as a result makes them unable to think of anything but Halloween until they die. This instantly flooded Santa's finite bodies with infinite knowledge, instantly rendering them defunct.

Makima could, funnily enough, transfer UV onto the Cosmos Fiend, as she already has a head full of all knowledge.

The Information Manip will affect her. But its effects are what will be transferred to others.

It's not an NLF.
But he brain isn’t actually “damaged” in any way. There’s no physical wound, it’s just a more abstract info dump that makes you essentially into a vegetable.

Is there evidence she can transfer info dumps like that into other, because if not then yes I’d say it would in fact be a NLF to say she can.

Makima has explicitly recovered from severe brain damage on multiple occasions with no issue. Having her brains blown out by bullets and such.
I think there is a difference between localized trauma and a complete system overload.
Genuinely uncertain about this. I would say no but due to the abstract nature of Devils in CSM I could be wrong.
Yeah I am tempted to say that she gets blotted her then, especially since she has no defense against getting powernulled.

It's not an NLF.
I say this because her redirection hax would need a feat of being able to interact with this nature of power effect. It's logic similar to NPI that works on a ghost not working on a conceptual, or non-existent creature without feats. So unless the hax shows that it can do so, it may be NLF. Or damage transferal of physical wounds not sending a conceptual or soul attack away all on its own.
In CSM, characters with spare bodies can transfer mental attacks into them, as stated by Santa Claus and seen when Santa failed to handle the mental attack of the Cosmos Fiend, which grants the target omniscience (total understanding of everything in the universe) and as a result makes them unable to think of anything but Halloween until they die. This instantly flooded Santa's finite bodies with infinite knowledge, instantly rendering them defunct.

Makima could, funnily enough, transfer UV onto the Cosmos Fiend, as she already has a head full of all knowledge.
While this is food for thought, Cosmos Fiend is chinese, no? I don't think the contract includes her. But not up to date with CSM so could be wrong.

But he brain isn’t actually “damaged” in any way. There’s no physical wound, it’s just a more abstract info dump that makes you essentially into a vegetable.
Yeah, it turns you into a vegetable because it damages the brain.

"vegetative state is caused by severe brain damage due to a head injury or a disorder that deprives the brain of oxygen"

In this case the cause is more abstract but the result is much the same.

Is there evidence she can transfer info dumps like that into other, because if not then yes I’d say it would in fact be a NLF to say she can.

I think there is a difference between localized trauma and a complete system overload.
What exactly do you mean? Both are damages to the brain in some capacity that can result in instant death, which she transfers.

Yeah I am tempted to say that she gets blotted her then, especially since she has no defense against getting powernulled.
I don't think the power null would work because Devil powers are derived from conceptual embodiment stuff. And the contract resurrection thing isn't really a "technique" in the first place.

Also something of note, even if Makima can transfer the info through the info typ 2/powernull combo (which I haven't been convinced she an), unless Gojo lets his domain go, she will just be stuck in an infinite loop until he decides to purple her. Jogo and other cursed spirits don't have human anatomy, and yet were still incapcitated.

Gojo can upon his domain several times and can open each domain for periods up to 3 minutes. Along with his six eyes giving him info on Makima's kit, and I still don't see how she does much.

She is transferring the results of that attack though?? Not the attack? She doesn’t need to interact with it.

Not saying she does redirect it but in general the conception is weird.
I get you, I was just asking too. Leaning NLF but I can see the logic from both sides. Can't vote yet even if I'm a certified Gojo fan. The reply I wrote before this one tells why I think like that.

Last edited:
What exactly do you mean? Both are damages to the brain in some capacity that can result in instant death, which she transfers.
A localized wound is one event with a specific scope of damage (getting shot in the brain injures the direct area and the tissue impacted by the force of the bullet).

Gojo is flooding her with ifnnite info. So her whole system is going to be paralyzed from the jump, making it dubious that she'll be able to actively do anything. As stated above, even if it does transfer, she will literally be dying every half second or so, and Gojo can keep his domain up for 3 minutes and has multiple shots. All the while she will literally be paralyzed with gojo gaining info from six eeys.
I don't think the power null would work because Devil powers are derived from conceptual embodiment stuff. And the contract resurrection thing isn't really a "technique" in the first place.
It would, DE powernulls works on all CT in the JJK verse, which would include concept type 2 and 3 manip.

While this is food for thought, Cosmos Fiend is chinese, no? I don't think the contract includes her. But not up to date with CSM so could be wrong.
She can control Devils even after they die, which is on her profile, their nationality is unimportant.

Yeah, it turns you into a vegetable because it damages the brain.

"vegetative state is caused by severe brain damage due to a head injury or a disorder that deprives the brain of oxygen"

In this case the cause is more abstract but the result is much the same.
Ok but you’d need evidence Makima can transfer more abstract results like that. I also said “essentially” into a vegetable for a reason, again you’re not actually being damaged at all. In fact it’s more so you can understand everything, and this might not be transferable.

Like, regardless of Makima being able to transfer the “damage” of like not being able to breathe cause she can’t think, she wouldn’t be able to transfer the “information” she was given. It’d still be in her brain, forever. She was given information and unless she can transfer that information out of her, it’s gonna be stuck in her brain.

The Santa example actually works against you because every single one of Doll Devil’s puppets got afflicted by Cosmo’s ability, so the same could just happen to Makima since a literal infinite amount of info is dumped. And if you say Makima’s transfer ability works differently than Santa Claus’ then that means evidence still needs to be provided that Makima can transfer mental abilities like the Doll Devil was shown to do, since they’re separate characters.

Gojo is flooding her with ifnnite info. So her whole system is going to be paralyzed from the jump, making it dubious that she'll be able to actively do anything. As stated above, even if it does transfer, she will literally be dying every half second or so, and Gojo can keep his domain up for 3 minutes and has multiple shots. All the while she will literally be paralyzed with gojo gaining info from six eeys.
She doesn't have to actively do anything for the contract to activate, since it happens upon death. And, by the way, about the contract, I don't think that it can be nullified by the Domain.

It's not like an innate ability/technique or anything. It's basically just a link she has to the Prime Minister of Japan which makes her immortal by transferring her death onto a random citizen every time she dies.

Makima would transfer the brain damage to other citizens. Assuming 0.2 seconds is enough to kill (high-ball), then Makima could survive for 289 days straight in Gojo's domain since there's over a hundred million Japanese people.
You'd need proof of her contracting covering things like mind hax, especially since Gojo's info hax also effects the soul.

No I know she can control them, but like can she transfer the damage to them too no matter the nationality with the contract?
Basically, all JP citizens are automatically connected to Makima via her PM Contract, while anyone she defeats/proves herself superior to also enter a one-sided contract with her. This is shown via the womb chains.

CSM, characters with spare bodies can transfer mental attacks into them, as stated by Santa Claus and seen when Santa failed to handle the mental attack of the Cosmos Fiend, which grants the target omniscience
The Spider devil was still ****** by Cosmos info dump.

Also Gojo's info hax type 2 is vastly better than Cosmo's mind hax. Her's stops at simple mind hax, Gojo's overloads the mind and soul with infinite type 2 information.

Speaking of which, Makima's contract has never allowed for extremely esoteric abilities to be transferred onto citizens of Japan.

Despite the term "NLF" being thrown around unjustly, I'd say the Makima side is using actual no limits fallacies with Makima's contract. It's never allowed her to recover or swap the damage from abilities such as mind hax or soul hax.

Basically, all JP citizens are automatically connected to Makima via her PM Contract, while anyone she defeats/proves herself superior to also enter a one-sided contract with her. This is shown via the womb chains.
It's because I don't remember the damage transferal going for another fiend and of a different country. There's also that Makima can't choose who pays the toll. It happens at random from her scapegoat poll. Making Cosmo suffer the effects sounds kind of good, but I don't think she can choose to transfer the DEmage to Cosmo on the fly unless she got the luck of a lottery winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back