• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gigantic Animal Man Revision

You can apply the accepted new abilities, but not the debunked 1-A statistics.

I would appreciate if we wrap up and close this discussion.

So what ever became of his Plot Based hax and more smurfy abilities?

(I dont really remember what was decided about that part of the Morrison run since its been awhile)

Antvasima said:
You can apply the accepted new abilities, but not the debunked 1-A statistics.

I would appreciate if we wrap up and close this discussion.
They haven't been debunked. POM sounded like he was open to them, and Ultima and Promenstein agreed from my understanding.

PsychoWarper said:

(I dont really remember what was decided about that part of the Morrison run since its been awhile)
It's agreed that those are still there, just that he doesn't have 1-A ap, at least from what I gathered from Sandman

@Ant

It's better to wait and see what the other staff I messaged think about this revision before deciding anything.

Yobo Blue said:
PsychoWarper said:

It's agreed that those are still there, just that he doesn't have 1-A ap, at least from what I gathered from Sandman
Ah ok, that makes sense.

Well, Sandman31 is correct about that we usually require far more definitive proof of a nature that is qualitatively superior to all degrees of dimensions of space and time before assigning the tier.

Anyway, 1-A is extremely unlikely to be accepted, and this has been dragged out for far too long already. Please just apply what we accepted, so I can close this. Thank you.

I would like to point out it was you who said to contact other members. Not only that, but we haven't decided what statistics to use instead of 1-A even assuming it is debunked.

I suppose that is a good point. I am in an exhausted, overworked, and annoyed mood, and am tired of this topic.

Also, I think it should be made clear that Animal Man does not display the level of power he did on the Antagon story across his whole run.

Okay. Thank you for the input.

So is somebody willing to apply the accepted changes here?

In addition, we need to decide if we should assign a tier or unknown statistics.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Also, I think it should be made clear that Animal Man does not display the level of power he did on the Antagon story across his whole run.
While it's not shown again, not much of the remaining 40 issues have any combat, so it's hard to call it a outlier either

9-B. And he doesn't show much of those either. There's a clear difference made between his spiritual and physical powers though. Hence why Anansa called him the gate to the spiritual axiom

Matthew Schroeder said:
I am with Sandman on that a lot of the metatextual stuff isn't meant to be taken literarally.
I don't think that's exactly what he meant Matt.

Can somebody ask Sandman31 and PrinceOfTheMorning to comment here again?

9-B Physically. Varies, from Low 2-C to 1-B with his Powers at his Peak.

Low 2-C for creating a universe.

1-B for the whole shenanigans.

I also disagree with some of the more absurd power interpretations. Such as reading leaving the panel as "Pulling Overman into the Overmonitor" and stuff like that. A lot of the Acausality, Plot Manipulation and Immortality isn't something that applies to him naturally.

To writ:

Matthew's conclusions can probably be applied.

Not yet. Again, Matthew's conclusions should be fine.

Antvasima said:
Not yet. Again, Matthew's conclusions should be fine.
The issue is, he is the only one who disagrees with the majority of the stuff, the thread is nearly full, and I have several issues with this conclusion, and am unable to write a lengthy response due to my circumstances. If you still want us to continue thats fine but we'll have to make a new thread either way, so it's better to leave it be for some time.

Me and Medeus agree with Matthew, but you can ask Sandman31 and PrinceOfTheMorning to comment here again if you wish.

Back