• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

Well, in JL Dark, the Green said to be not a just place or a realm, nor it is merely imagination. It lies between idea and reality, where memory and consciousness of roots, stems, leaves and flowers exist outside of time and space. Throughout the story, the pillars, like the Green, have been shown to touch all realms, including the Other Place.

This is the only information I have.
The War of Magic has gotten a lot of attention from the Parliament. So there are small nuances, if you want I'll help with scans.

The only thing we've seen is it's a realm that connects all parts mentioned in #23. It transformed by the will of Swamp Thing the entire Otherplace into the Green. That's all we get because it was replaced by the Parliaments of Flowers as the new “Green” with the Tree Parliaments being pretty much obselete.
So what I posted earlier about the Green is the only relevant information about the Elemental Realms?

shouldn't world forger be 2-A for creating infinite universes multiple times?
You should start a crt on this, but WF has been shown to create one universe at a time every time he swings his hammer. 2-C is fine for him. In the Sixth Dimension, however, the World Forger is larger than the multiverse and rules over the fifth-dimensional imps and exists on a plane of existence greater than them, thus Low 1-C suits him best.

I think the fact that all three entities are viewpoints of the Light makes sense because Williamson integrated the "Light of Creation" and associated it with the origins of the Overvoid, which Morrison declared to be the same as the Source a few years earlier.

The Light of Creation is also identified as the hand featured in Moore's Swamp Thing. The hand of the Presence is that of the Light as the story clearly shows.

Literally a year earlier, the Presence and the Source were assumed to be the same, as Snyder's Death Metal shows a comma between "the Presence, of the Source", which Snyder later confirmed to be the case.

Additionally, DC's recent guidebook: The DC Book: A Vast and Vibrant Multiverse Simply Explained describes the Presence to be in charge of the Hands featured in Snyder's stories.

The three entities were clearly used interchangeably over the years and Williamson simply associated the whole as the Light of Creation and did a pretty good job as well.
I also forgot to mention this but your take on what comes with continuity is pressed with changes. The Overvoid was not the same as the Presence as Grant clearly defined the Presece as something manifested with the Material and Metaphysical Plane.

Grant notions the Source is not equal to the Overvoid but is the Overvoid. As a white Void when the only thing beyond Nil was the Overvoid. The unknown description doesn't even fit the Presence given the Presence is the form given shape. This is known and everything else with Snyder was added upon his idea, I don't recall Grant being the head writer but just a collaborator. So his canons are his own with Snyder making his own with additional information to the Multiversity Map which is outdated and isn't used to convey anything in Synder other than references as “Map of the Multiverse.”

Also, the three beings mentioned in the map are not part of a true Creator. They each are the true Creator. The true Creator thing was just a fan-made theory like Presence = Source = Overvoid. You can argue about their nature and power but actual confirmation that they are one and the same. I don't intend for Grant to notion Source = Presence that's simply what Snyder came up with.

I meant to say this so the late response shouldn't be too random.

New information about the universes for the Crisis Cosmology (more or less lol): The 53rd universe is one of the infinite universes previously destroyed during Crisis on Infinite Earths that Pariah 'brought back' during Dark Crisis. The problem is that Earth-53 was involved during the Metal Wars and wasn't part of the fifty-two known universes of the Orrery, meaning that the infinite universes still existed somewhere outside of the Orrery and unbeknownst to anyone.

We've learned that the Pre-Crisis Multiverse still existed as "Multiverse-2" and there is a barrier between Multiverse-1, otherwise known as the Orrery of Worlds, and Multiverse-2.

Now who scales to it? Simply none! Only the fifty-two worlds of the Orrery have been involved in multiversal events since Final Crisis and the mention of a barrier between the two multiverses strongly implied that they were separate multiverses before they were 'merged' together at the end of Dark Crisis.

Last edited:
I also forgot to mention this but your take on what comes with continuity is pressed with changes. The Overvoid was not the same as the Presence as Grant clearly defined the Presece as something manifested with the Material and Metaphysical Plane.

Grant notions the Source is not equal to the Overvoid but is the Overvoid. As a white Void when the only thing beyond Nil was the Overvoid. The unknown description doesn't even fit the Presence given the Presence is the form given shape. This is known and everything else with Snyder was added upon his idea, I don't recall Grant being the head writer but just a collaborator. So his canons are his own with Snyder making his own with additional information to the Multiversity Map which is outdated and isn't used to convey anything in Synder other than references as “Map of the Multiverse.”

Also, the three beings mentioned in the map are not part of a true Creator. They each are the true Creator. The true Creator thing was just a fan-made theory like Presence = Source = Overvoid. You can argue about their nature and power but actual confirmation that they are one and the same. I don't intend for Grant to notion Source = Presence that's simply what Snyder came up with.

I meant to say this so the late response shouldn't be too random.
Morrison never used the term The Presence, or The Presence as God

What should we do with Lex Luthor's information that the idea of the Omniverse was false?

Should we not consider that he was talking about the main multiverse which supposedly became its own “Omniverse” composed of countless universes and multiverses? Because these were just statements and neither the new universes nor multiverses have been explored except for Earth-Omega. Lex also said that the false idea of the Omniverse created an imbalance in the multiverse that Pariah was manipulating. The Greater Omniverse featured in Snyder's stories is real since there are beings who inhabit it.

Then we had Flashpoint Beyond where the Omniverse was mentioned as an actual concept which contradicted what Luthor said earlier.

What do you think?

What should we do with Lex Luthor's information that the idea of the Omniverse was false?

Should we not consider that he was talking about the main multiverse which supposedly became its own “Omniverse” composed of countless universes and multiverses? Because these were just statements and neither the new universes nor multiverses have been explored except for Earth-Omega. Lex also said that the false idea of the Omniverse created an imbalance in the multiverse that Pariah was manipulating. The Greater Omniverse featured in Snyder's stories is real since there are beings who inhabit it.

Then we had Flashpoint Beyond where the Omniverse was mentioned as an actual concept which contradicted what Luthor said earlier.

What do you think?
I think we could toss out Lex Luthor's info. I don't recall the exact moment he said that but if it's during Dark Crisis he's wrong. Barry revealed the earths that he explored after the omniverse was brought back post Death Metal. He mentions that he visited earths beyond the known 52 like Earth 55 being DCeased, DC vs Vampires being Earth 63, and Earth 118 is Dark Knight of Steel. It brought back old comic universes like Earth 898 being JLA: The Nail and Amalgam (DC and Marvel) being Earth 1996.

It even revealed the previously unknown earths in the 52.

Earth 14 is now Justice League of Assassins.
Earth 24 is DC Bombshells.
Earth 25 is Tom Strong by Alan Moore.
Earth 27 is The Jurassic League.
Earth 28 is DC Mech.
Earth 46 is Gargoyle of Gotham.
Earth 49 is revealed as Injustice Universe.

That's not the limit by the way. Those are only the ones Barry said he recorded. He passed many more that he didn't study. So, I would say the omniverse was real after Death Metal and Future State. If you want to read it, it's in Dark Crisis Big Bang on page 25 or 24.

I think we could toss out Lex Luthor's info. I don't recall the exact moment he said that but if it's during Dark Crisis he's wrong. Barry revealed the earths that he explored after the omniverse was brought back post Death Metal. He mentions that he visited earths beyond the known 52 like Earth 55 being DCeased, DC vs Vampires being Earth 63, and Earth 118 is Dark Knight of Steel. It brought back old comic universes like Earth 898 being JLA: The Nail and Amalgam (DC and Marvel) being Earth 1996.

It even revealed the previously unknown earths in the 52.

Earth 14 is now Justice League of Assassins.
Earth 24 is DC Bombshells.
Earth 25 is Tom Strong by Alan Moore.
Earth 27 is The Jurassic League.
Earth 28 is DC Mech.
Earth 46 is Gargoyle of Gotham.
Earth 49 is revealed as Injustice Universe.

That's not the limit by the way. Those are only the ones Barry said he recorded. He passed many more that he didn't study. So, I would say the omniverse was real after Death Metal and Future State. If you want to read it, it's in Dark Crisis Big Bang on page 25 or 24.
Yeah but these were the infinite universes that Pariah 'brought back'. I was talking about the supposedly infinite web of multiverses mentioned at the end of Death Metal and Infinite Frontier.

Yeah but these were the infinite universes that Pariah 'brought back'. I was talking about the supposedly infinite web of multiverses mentioned at the end of Death Metal and Infinite Frontier.
I'm almost positive that Barry found those before his encounter with Pariah. It just wasn't revealed until Dark Crisis Big Bang for whatever reason. This was the results he found beforehand. At least from the context of Dark Crisis since the comic happens before the ending of the event where Pariah brings them back. Especially since Earth 66 and 789 was there when he fought Anti Monitor. Though I could be wrong.

Edit: So, I checked, and you were correct. That's bizarre. I could have sworn this happened before hand. That said, I recall Spectre and the rest telling Wonder Woman that there were countless universes now in Infinite Frontier issue 0. Problem is now the Barry and Pariah thing.

Last edited:
I'm almost positive that Barry found those before his encounter with Pariah. It just wasn't revealed until Dark Crisis Big Bang for whatever reason. This was the results he found beforehand. At least from the context of Dark Crisis since the comic happens before the ending of the event where Pariah brings them back. Especially since Earth 66 and 789 was there when he fought Anti Monitor. Though I could be wrong.

Edit: So, I checked, and you were correct. That's bizarre. I could have sworn this happened before hand. That said, I recall Spectre and the rest telling Wonder Woman that there were countless universes now in Infinite Frontier issue 0. Problem is now the Barry and Pariah thing.
Yeah, I don't really know how to handle this, I either delete the new multiversal iteration or ignore Luthor's statement.

Okay, so what we learn at the end of Death Metal about the multiverse becoming its own Omniverse is false?
He explained it and he layers stated it again. It makes sense since he made both claims. It's pretty evident that there are other Multiverse away from the unbounded Orrery of the main Multiverse.

He explained it and he layers stated it again. It makes sense since he made both claims. It's pretty evident that there are other Multiverse away from the unbounded Orrery of the main Multiverse.
Luthor only said it once based on the truths and lies of the multiverse that he had learned during his time with the totality team, hence my confusion, but thank you for your response. 😀

Sup fellas. I wanted to ask sth. Is the latest Godzilla and Kong vs Justice League part of an already established canon (and scaling) or is it a completely new universe just for this crossover?

Back