• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

Currently, we have profiles with "Post-Crisis", "Post-Flashpoint" and "Rebirth" names.

How about we change them to the original and official name?

Pre Crisis -> Earth One.

Post Crisis -> New Earth.

Post Flashopoint -> Prime Earth.

Rebirth -> Prime Earth - Rebirth.

Superman's Rebirth profile would become "Superman (Prime Earth - Rebirth)"

Prime Earth nomenclature includes both N52 and Rebirth phases, so it should be fine.

Currently, we have profiles with "Post-Crisis", "Post-Flashpoint" and "Rebirth" names.

Pre Crisis -> Earth One.

Prime Earth nomenclature includes both N52 and Rebirth phases, so it should be fine.
I have not problem

Pre Crisis -> Earth One.

Agreed, but wouldn't we also have Earth-2?

Pre Crisis -> Earth One.

I don’t necessarily mind this, as long as the current names are left as redirects to the new ones.

What would we do with characters labeled as “Pre-Flashpoint” though?

Pre Crisis -> Earth One.

I'm personally fine with this. Current one sounds cooler but eh

I don’t necessarily mind this, as long as the current names are left as redirects to the new ones.

I guess name them in whatever era they're from? Or split them I suppose

At the same time that I think it’s valid to argue that it’s easier to understand what the page is referring to using Post/Pre terms, I think they should go.

The term “Crisis” has become the standard for DC major events, and we have a lot of Crisis. Obviously when referring to this, we are talking about COIE, but the term “New Earth” and “Prime Earth” tells us they’re referring to two different periods in DC Comics.
Pre Flashpoint is either Post Crisis, Pre Crisis or both. We should analyze what the term “Pre Flashpoint” is referring to, before changing it.

Pre Flashpoint is either Post Crisis, Pre Crisis or both. We should analyze what the term “Pre Flashpoint” is referring to, before changing it.
I mean when it’s referring to both, like with Richard Dragon. His page covers Earth-One and New Earth since he’s the same character across both continuities.

Classic really tells us nothing. At least mention the age. I’ll work on a better solution for everything, was just asking for opinions.

Well, your suggested naming procedure will be much harder for our members and visitors to keep track of and understand, and require a massive amount of work to properly update all of the page titles and links to them, so I personally prefer our current naming procedure.

In worst case we could always call it "Pre-Original Crisis" and "Post-Original Crisis", or "Pre-1985 Crisis" and "Post-1985 Crisis", but that would also require a lot of work, and we would need willing volunteers to carry it out.
I gave the above response to your suggestion.

Again, just to be clear, no one is doing any form of DC revisions regarding the Sphere of Gods and the Orrery in the next 2 days?

by the way, are the abilities/hax affected by the cosmology split? for example if a mystical being explains that a simple spell (Like Hellfire) is based on affecting the Soul and mind of the target, it could be escalated to others that can use hellfire but within another cosmology?

I speak about whether some powers that are based on the system of cosmology such as the way operation of magic or the Physiology of a mystical race

For example, in a story written by DeMatteis it is said that the Demon race are actually products created by the human Collective Unconscious and cannot die until humanity dies according to Etrigan, it could be said that this can be applied to all demons within any cosmology?

by the way, are the abilities/hax affected by the cosmology split? for example if a mystical being explains that a simple spell (Like Hellfire) is based on affecting the Soul and mind of the target, it could be escalated to others that can use hellfire but within another cosmology?

I speak about whether some powers that are based on the system of cosmology such as the way operation of magic or the Physiology of a mystical race

For example, in a story written by DeMatteis it is said that the Demon race are actually products created by the human Collective Unconscious and cannot die until humanity dies according to Etrigan, it could be said that this can be applied to all demons within any cosmology?
Poke🧀

My answer would be generally, no, we do not crossover something like that into other verses.

1-C upgrades (I believe it hasn't even been a week since the downgrades)

Back