• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

General DC Comics Discussion Thread

I might be stupid but can a superhero in both marvel and dc be in multiple super hero groups?

like you can be part of the Justice league but you can also be a part of other hero groups.
Might depend on the team but generally yeah. Many Lanterns have been on the League while also being on the Green Lantern Corps, and Hulk was on the Defenders and Avengers at the same time.

Yeah but darkseid case seems better than TDK though to me personally, TDK is like some legit evil incarnate.
From another perspective this just shows how evil the joker can be if he had powers.
For me is the opposite. Darkseid it's more evil, because he perverses all that is good, rendering all meaningless. All your happy moments? Don't matter. All the people with which you have formed any sort of connection? Don't matter. All the love you have felt for a special person? Don't matter. All your achievements in life? Don't matter.

Everything positive, everything that makes life worth it, he wants to turn it against every single living thing. Every memory, event, story, history, emotion, dream and hope. He corrupts it, makes you feel powerless, makes you lose yourself.

A nightmare scenario is scary, and dying is as well. But to be broken beyond any amount of recognition represents the greatest evil one can inflict to another. And that's what Darkseid wants the most.

You might have a point but TDK kinda did similar even taking away all their hopes, even the darkseid from the dark multiverse was also in a way a minion or something to him iirc, still i never see darkseid make the multiverse hopeless like TDK, even the godsphere wasn't out of his sight.

I just feel a dude trying to enslave, corrupt, defile everyone in reality e.t.c isn't as evil as a dude literally trying to kill everything and make reality alone be for nightmares. Plus darkseid once helped justice league fight anti monitor in pre crisis and i remember him helping against the world forger though all help he did were simply for his own gain but anyhow.

For me is the opposite. Darkseid it's more evil, because he perverses all that is good, rendering all meaningless. All your happy moments? Don't matter. All the people with which you have formed any sort of connection? Don't matter. All the love you have felt for a special person? Don't matter. All your achievements in life? Don't matter.

Everything positive, everything that makes life worth it, he wants to turn it against every single living thing. Every memory, event, story, history, emotion, dream and hope. He corrupts it, makes you feel powerless, makes you lose yourself.

A nightmare scenario is scary, and dying is as well. But to be broken beyond any amount of recognition represents the greatest evil one can inflict to another. And that's what Darkseid wants the most.
Agreed. Darkseid basically represents all of the most extreme tendencies of the worst tyrants in real world human history combined.

You might have a point but TDK kinda did similar even taking away all their hopes, even the darkseid from the dark multiverse was also in a way a minion or something to him iirc, still i never see darkseid make the multiverse hopeless like TDK, even the godsphere wasn't out of his sight.

I just feel a dude trying to enslave, corrupt, defile everyone in reality e.t.c isn't as evil as a dude literally trying to kill everything and make reality alone be for nightmares. Plus darkseid once helped justice league fight anti monitor in pre crisis and i remember him helping against the world forger though all help he did were simply for his own gain but anyhow.
Killing others is not nearly as bad as what Darkseid is doing to them though.

Yeah but darkseid case seems better than TDK though to me personally, TDK is like some legit evil incarnate.
Darkseid has defiled the world in a way that The Darkest was never able to. I am not sure how Darkseid is better in any way.
I might be stupid but can a superhero in both marvel and dc be in multiple super hero groups?
They can. Wonderwoman in JLD is a recent and popular example. Superman formed the Authority too.

Darkseid has defiled the world in a way that The Darkest was never able to. I am not sure how Darkseid is better in any way.
Killing others is not nearly as bad as what Darkseid is doing to them though.
I've always thought killing is the most evil thing to do especially when you plan to do so to entire realities.
Most evil in DC comics my opinion(based on what they've done or plan to do):
-Darkseid
-TDK
-Mandrakk
-Perpetua/Anti monitor

I'm inclined to add to the joker or Eobard thawne to the list

I've always thought killing is the most evil thing to do especially when you plan to do so to entire realities.
I mean Darkseid does killings too but he is also running a torture camp. I mean just look at Final Crisis itself. The worlds are being smashed but evil is spreading too. He is stripping people of their freedom and turning them into an empty husk of evil and depravity. The others are evil for their goal of annihilation whereas Darkseid is evil because in his world there is no hope or happiness. It also comes down to readers' perception and the portrayal of characters I guess. For example, its really hard to pin down the likes of Mandrakk or Perpetua because they aren't that different than any other villains aside from sense of scale.

Yes, I consider Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Mao Zedong, Xi Jinping, and Kim Jong Un, who are some of the closest real world counterparts to Darkseid that I can think of, given that they run or have run a massive number of absolutely nightmarish enslavement and genocide gulags, as far worse than generic mentally ill nihilists who want everything to end, to use the closest real world inspirations for each concept.

However, it should be noted that Darkseid is the philosophy of each of the named real world embodiments of absolute evil taken to its ultimate extreme, so he is technically conceptually even worse than all of them, although he is obviously still just a fictional character.

Not that I disagree, but aren't Kyle and Sodam Yat's ratings for as Ion, and Hal's are for his own special GL ring while becoming Raw Willpower?

Kyle rayner as ion uses a green lantern ring, no?
Sodam yat is comparable to superboy prime so that's how he got his 2-C possibly 2-A and he uses a lantern ring
Hal Jordan is comparable to Pre-crisis superman so 2-C possibly 2-A and second key via Raw willpower was also with the ring

Hal Jordan ring was made by his willpower dosen't still refute the fact it's still a lantern ring and these guys feats come from lantern rings also.

Kyle rayner as ion uses a green lantern ring, no?
Sodam yat is comparable to superboy prime so that's how he got his 2-C possibly 2-A and he uses a lantern ring.
The first time he was Ion I don't think he had a ring, the second time I'm not sure. Either way though it's the GL Ring's power amplified by Ion's power, not really something that should be attributed to the GL rings.
Hal Jordan is comparable to Pre-crisis superman so 2-C possibly 2-A and second key via Raw willpower was also with the ring
This is totally a fair point, we already do have standard GL users in this range for Pre Crisis, so it definitely should be mentioned on the page.
Hal Jordan ring was made by his willpower dosen't still refute the fact it's still a lantern ring and these guys feats come from lantern rings also.
The fact that it's a special ring makes it hard to let other rings scale off it. Kyle could barely even handle using Hal's ring.
Hal also doesn't need his ring to become Raw Willpower, he was already doing that when he only had Krona's Gauntlet, so that's also not contingent off the ring.

not really something that should be attributed to the GL rings.
Not saying all rings have that power but can reach such power for the rings themselves has nothing to do with characters who use it as it varies between them and their willpower

This is totally a fair point, we already do have standard GL users in this range for Pre Crisis, so it definitely should be mentioned on the page.
Thank you

The fact that it's a special ring makes it hard to let other rings scale off it. Kyle could barely even handle using Hal's ring.
Hal also doesn't need his ring to become Raw Willpower, he was already doing that when he only had Krona's Gauntlet, so that's also not contingent off the ring.
It's about the level the Green lantern power ring can reach obviously not all ring users reach absurd high levels in power, Hal dosen't need it but Krona gauntlet as stated in those books has the power of 8 lantern rings iirc and when Hal fought parallax sinestro he was using a single ring when he became willpower, this shows his power increases via the lantern ring that's the point it means lantern rings can reach absurd levels by extreme willpower not anyone can reach such levels, it needs to be indicated that characters reach such level by the rings so 2-C possibly 2-A needs to be mentioned for obvious reasons not like Hal Jordan can reach such level with anything connected to the power rings.

Not saying all rings have that power but can reach such power for the rings themselves has nothing to do with characters who use it as it varies between them and their willpower
That's an external sort of thing though, like if the Presence put on a GL ring we wouldn't just slap on tier 1 to the GL ring page.
There can be arguments for the strongest GLs scaling/downscaling from the entities, but that's a pretty separate topic.
It's about the level the Green lantern power ring can reach obviously not all ring users reach absurd high levels in power, Hal dosen't need it but Krona gauntlet as stated in those books has the power of 8 lantern rings iirc and when Hal fought parallax sinestro he was using a single ring when he became willpower, this shows his power increases via the lantern ring that's the point it means lantern rings can reach absurd levels by extreme willpower not anyone can reach such levels, it needs to be indicated that characters reach such level by the rings so 2-C possibly 2-A needs to be mentioned for obvious reasons not like Hal Jordan can reach such level with anything connected to the power rings.
The Gauntlet was equal to 12 rings, but I get the point. Hal's ring still makes it a bit of an odd case since it's not really comparable to any other GL power ring, but other rings shouldn't be infinitely weaker either, so I don't mind 2-C, possibly 2-A for higher levels of Willpower.

4B Superman doesn’t make any sense to me. Considering the fact that even weaker characters like Flash and green lantern has some 2C -2A showings in the current settings . Does current Superman has any feats or showings that lvl ?

4B Superman doesn’t make any sense to me. Considering the fact that even weaker characters like Flash and green lantern has some 2C -2A showings in the current settings . Does current Superman has any feats or showings that lvl ?
2-C, possibly 2-A comes from peaks that they rarely use. The Flash rarely goes 2-C, possibly 2-A because of how dangerous it is, him stating he can't hold this form for very long periods of time, as well as the fact Flash at his peak has some higher showings than Supes in his 4-B self.

Hal is only 2-C, possibly 2-A when utilizing his raw willpower, something that doesn't scale to his base and a form he rarely ever uses, and he even stated he never utilized it due to the sheer environmental destruction it can cause and last time he did it blew up the planet he was on along with Sinestro.

Last edited:
Got a question that i am not sure about
If The Presence represents a concept of god, where he “simply has a name and a face” entirely formed by Dreams, why would he fully scale to The Overvoid?

Isnt the Overvoid this big non-dual, entirely unbound by all concepts thing?
The Presence has the Key of the divine Presence which is the divine Presence itself Its existence is the same as the Overvoid which is Beyond the entire DC multiverse and its all concepts

The Presence has the Key of the divine Presence which is the divine Presence itself Its existence is the same as the Overvoid which is Beyond the entire DC multiverse and its all concepts
Isnt the divine presence like a DeMatteis thing?

Got a question that i am not sure about
If The Presence represents a concept of god, where he “simply has a name and a face” entirely formed by Dreams, why would he fully scale to The Overvoid?

Isnt the Overvoid this big non-dual, entirely unbound by all concepts thing?

Referring to this
That's only according to jm demattis and joshua Williamson cosmology . Even the void is a part of The Divine presence.

The current writer Joshua Williamson also treats the Overvoid as an aspect of The Darkness and Darkness as an aspect of the Source.

According to Demattis Cosmology from the recent DC revision blog .

The tiering would be
1: The Divine presence (1A or higher) views everything including the void as fiction and dreams. The god of all mythology including Buddhism and Hindusim.
2: Pralaya (low 1A ( with aspect) or higher in true form (Maybe 1A)
3:The Spectre key (1A)
4:The creator (Brahma or the voice) (1A)
5:Indra's heaven ( High 1B or Low 1A)
6:Odin' Henchmen who punked out Lords of orders and Chaos (The same beings were stomped by Lucifer in Joshua Williamson run) (low 1C or higher)
7:Lord of orders and Chaos ( low 1C or potentially higher) . They gave birth to all the physical universes
8: Dr fate ( low 1c)

??

According to Demattis Cosmology from the recent DC revision blog .

The tiering would be
1: The Divine presence (1A or higher) views everything including the void as fiction and dreams. The god of all mythology including Buddhism and Hindusim.
2: Pralaya (low 1A ( with aspect) or higher in true form (Maybe 1A)
3:The Spectre key (1A)
4:The creator (Brahma or the voice) (1A)
5:Indra's heaven ( High 1B or Low 1A)
at Revised DC Comics Cosmology User Blog, DeMatteis Cosmology the totality of creation earned Tier High 1-B not Heaven

Back