• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics - Superman (Earth One) Rework

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aloha from Hawaii,
So recently I just did a re-read of Earth One Superman, and I remembered we had a profile for him. I looked back, and not only do we have outdated information, but the profile as a whole is just sort of.. crappy. Naturally, I dug up a couple feats, and here's my proposal for how the profile should look.

Powers and Abilities:

As you've probably already guessed, my next proposal would be editing his Weaknesses. Specifically, taking Gravity Manipulation out of the equation. Not only was the gravity beam powered by red sunlight, it was later stated Superman would've been unaffected by it. So, here's my proposal:

Weaknesses: Red Sun Radiation quickly saps his powers, -- SEO#3
irradiated fragments of his home world -- aka Kryptonite -- cause immense pain when in close proximity. - SEO#3
Metals from his star system can cut - SEO#1
and harm him. - SEO#1

On to other things:

Attack Potency: City level (Put up a good fight against Zod, - SEO#3
his physical equal. - SEO#3
Knocks out Parasite, - SEO#2
who had 49% of his own powers. Believed himself capable of easily destroying a city. - SEO#2
Claimed he could tear down a mountain.) SEO#1

Durability: City level (Shrugs off a blow from Tyrell. - SEO#1
Parasite, who possessed a vast majority of Superman's powers, was unharmed by a thirty-megaton nuclear warhead. SEO#2
The military believed that using more than one was redundant. - SEO#2
Survives a brutal beatdown from Zod.) - SEO#3

Lifting Strength: Class 100 (Comparable to Zod and Parasite, both of whom - SEO#3
could easily lift tanks. - SEO#2
Superman himself can lift a military humvee, - SEO#1
an alien ship the size of a fighter jet, - SEO#1
and catch a falling crane.) SEO#3

Striking Strength: City level (Clashes with Tyrell, his physical equal, - SEO#1
and even overpowers him when enraged. - SEO#1
Similarly harmed Zod when his temper broke.) SEO#3

Stamina: High (Can fight for extended periods against those as strong as him, and could endure brutal beatdowns and fight with numerous broken ribs, fingers, and other injuries. Should his powers be sapped, - SEO#3
they can also quickly build back up.) SEO#3

Range: Standard melee range, dozens of meters with heat vision. SEO#2

Standard Equipment: His nearly indestructible super-suit. SEO#1
Alright, now here's when we get to... I want to say the most confusing part of this list. While this version of Superman does have pretty good speed feats, I am unsure how many are.. calculable. Moon travel certainly -- SEO#1
isn't above his pay grade -- SEO#2
and he can bounce countries like it's nobodies business, -- SEO#2 for all three
but I'm not entirely sure -- SEO#2
how much of this can be calculated properly. - SEO#3
Though, I guess it's fine the way it is. Just sprinkle these feats in there somewhere.

Anyways, thanks for reading through this big old post.

Sources: Superman (Earth One) Issues 1-3

Last edited:
Sorry. I mean each scan should have the label of what issue they came from, not just a general 1-3.
Could you give me an example of how I can do that without muddling the entire powers/abilties section with (Issue 1) or (Issue 2)?
Maybe send me another character that has what you want me to do?

Last edited:
For the purpose of review, just list them out accordingly with the source.

Formatting on the actual page can be done later.

For the purpose of review, just list them out accordingly with the source.

May I ask what SEO stands for?

Thank you for helping out so much in general, Firestorm808. 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Sorry for the wait, but I have done as asked. Please let me know if there's anything else I need to do.

If the accepted revisions have been applied to all of the affected wiki pages, it is probably fine to close this thread.

It is unlocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back