• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doctor Fate (Classic) vs A Literal Child

Dang, Dr. Fate's file is very very outdated. Will gather my sources to explain better what he starts with.

Edit: Actually, which Fate is this? Kent or Nabu? That changes a few things.

Alright. So Kent Nelson has two forms of power. First is his Physics/Matter/Energy Manipulation. This is the power that Nabu first taught him, and it's the one that he starts with. He can manipulate the energy forms of the universe, rearrange his molecules or those of others, or take energy from his own body to empower, nullify or blast others. That's his most consistent modus operandi. Sources All of these are thought based as well.

By virtue of his energy manipulation, he is completely invulnerable [More Fun Comics issue 72 and can will himself to be pure energy [More Fun Comics issue 68 (though as he himself says, this ability is usually passive, he just turns it off sometimes). He's also resistant to [death manipulation] by this fact.

However, his second power set is those of esoteric nature, those he gains from his connection to Nabu. [Source] Effectively, being empowered by Nabu, he is completely immortal, to the point that Nabu could recreate his physical form from dust. In fact, being sustained by Nabu, Kent can survive nothingness and lack of laws and thought; in essence, he can survive void manipulation [Flash 311 (1982)].

-

Kent has a form of cosmic awareness that is able to guide him to his objective, even telling him what spells to use in order to fulfill them, despite having no prior knowledge.

-

With his cosmic awareness and sensing abilities, I believe Kent is able to ascertain that Maxwell's abilities come from his pen and book, and would be capable of simply turn it to dust or erase it or whatever.

Even if he couldn't, Kent is resistant to Maxwell's two abilities that could potentially net him a win here, being Death and EE, as he's not able to die and is sustained by Nabu.

Maxwell could potentially take away Fate's physics based abilities, but as his esoteric abilities come from Nabu itself, without prior knowledge Maxwell would pretty much be getting a spanking if he tried that.

If his physics powers would fail, Kent is willing to sleep manip and BFR as shown with Wotan, which would be a second win-con imo.

Can max powernull him or Paralyze him or just spawn the same version of him

If he knows what the child is gonna do, I see no reason why should not, but I don't see him killing the child but would find someway to restrain him or seal him.

If he knows what the child is gonna do, I see no reason why should not, but I don't see him killing the child but would find someway to restrain him or seal him.
Should I bloodlust maxwell to make it fair

Back