• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Future Pirate King vs Past Pirate King (Monkey D. Luffy vs Gol D. Roger; GRACE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da3ggman

He/Him
The One Piece matchup of the decade!
Pick up your pitchforks ladies and gentlemen, because it's the battle of D's!

Luffy is in his Post-Haōshoku Advancement

Speed is equalized

"I'm going to be the King of the Pirates!": @That_moron2

"Inherited Will, the Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of its People. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, these things will never cease to be!": @Greatsage13th, @Robo432343, @Darkvie123, @MintyBoi1, @MonkeyOfLife, @ssgengar, @@SlendVeny, @CiscoTheSoto, @Popbum

Urouge Solos: @Therefir, @Magicomethkuon, @Popbum, @noninho

Last edited:
The One Piece matchup of the decade!
Pick up your pitchforks ladies and gentlemen, because it's the battle of D's!

Luffy is in his Post-Udon key

Speed is equalized

"I'm going to be the King of the Pirates!":

"Inherited Will, the Destiny of the Age, and the Dreams of its People. These are things that will not be stopped. As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom, these things will never cease to be!":
I’m going to send this to other one piece supporters and see what they say

Wouldn't this result being the same as Luffy vs Prime Whitebeard? Inconclusive.

Kid named Shiki:
image0.png

No

Rocks D Xebec was most likely > Roger.

Shiki was winning the Edd War, regarded as a rival to Roger, fought Garp and Sengoku with a steering wheel in his head, Garp called him a dangerous foe.

Garp could take hits from Whitebeard, Roger says "send Garp or Sengoku if you want to take me down," fought Xebec with Roger, fought Roger on multiple occasions, and was regarded as his rival.

Sengoku was put in charge of capturing Shiki, Roger made that one statement about him or Garp getting him, and him and Garp were comparable in their old age, so their Primes should be similar.

Shiki was winning the Edd War, regarded as a rival to Roger, fought Garp and Sengoku with a steering wheel in his head, Garp called him a dangerous foe.

Garp could take hits from Whitebeard, Roger says "send Garp or Sengoku if you want to take me down," fought Xebec with Roger, fought Roger on multiple occasions, and was regarded as his rival.

Sengoku was put in charge of capturing Shiki, Roger made that one statement about him or Garp getting him, and him and Garp were comparable in their old age, so their Primes should be similar.
None of that is proof of being equal in battle/1v1...

And you have no proof of Xebec being above roger

Roger_gen.png

約40年前~25年前
ロジャー世代

数々の大海賊が覇権を争った時代。後の〝海賊王〟ゴール・D・ロジャーを始め、世界最強の男〝白ひげ„エドワード・ニューゲートや、大艦隊を率いる"金獅子のシキ„など、今や〝伝説〟と言われる男達が火花を散らして激突した・・・!!

数々の伝説が誕生した群雄割拠の時代

海賊達が世に残した伝説は数多くあるが、最も有名なものが“ひとつなぎの大秘宝"にまつわる“海賊王"伝説だ。ロジャーは仲間達と共に前人未踏の“偉大なる航路”を制覇した。最後の島“ラフテル”には、本当に“ひとつなぎの大秘宝〟があったのか?真実は当人のみぞ知るが、この偉業があまりにも大きかった為、時代はロジャー一人が席巻したように思われがちだ。しかし、ロジャーに先を越されたものの、ほぼ同格の海賊は多数存在した。海賊艦隊の大親分で知られる“金獅子のシキ”や、ロジャーのライバルと言われた“白ひげ”などだ。彼らはロジャーと何度も死闘を繰り広げた。この世代の大海賊達はとかく血の気が多く、顔を合わせれば殺し合い、どちらが上か、常に命懸けで競い合ってきた。だが一方で、シキがロジャーを何度も仲間に勧誘したように、争いつつも互いに実力を認め合っていた世代でもある。また、度々鎬を削り合った海兵ガープとロジャーの関係もこれに近く、ロジャーは自首後、自らの子の命運を敵であるガープに託した。「おれはお前なら仲間程に信用できる!!」――ロジャーはその時そう言ったと言う。彼らの中には確かに、戦いの中で生まれた奇妙な信頼関係があった。彼らは「覇権争い」世代であると同時に、「認め合い」世代と言えるのかもしれない。
—————————————
About 40~25 years ago
Roger Generation

A time when many great pirates vied for supremacy. Starting with the future "Pirate King" Gore D. Roger, the world's strongest man "Whitebeard" Edward Newgate, and the "Golden Lion" Shiki, the leader of the Grand Fleet. Shiki," the leader of a large fleet, and other men now considered "legends" clashed with sparks flying...!

An era of rivalry in which numerous legends were born.

There are many legends left behind by pirates, but the most famous is the legend of the "Pirate King" concerning the "Greatest Treasure of All". Roger and his companions conquered the "Great Passage," an unprecedented journey. Was there really the "Greatest Treasure of All" on the last island, Raftel? The truth is known only to the man himself, but because of the magnitude of this achievement, it is often thought that Roger alone dominated the age. However, there were many pirates who were almost equal to Roger, even though he was ahead of them. They include "Shiki the Golden Lion," known as the grand master of the pirate fleet, and "Whitebeard," who was said to be Roger's rival. They fought Roger to the death many times. The great pirates of this generation were usually bloodthirsty, killing each other whenever they met, always competing with each other with their lives on the line to see who was the best. On the other hand, as Shiki repeatedly recruited Roger to join their ranks, this was a generation that recognized each other's abilities even as they fought each other. Roger's relationship with Garp, a marine with whom he often fought fierce battles, is similar to this, and after Roger surrendered himself, he entrusted the fate of his child to Garp, his enemy. I trust you as much as I trust my friends! --Roger is said to have said at the time. There was indeed a strange trust between them, born in battle. They might be said to be a generation of "fighting for supremacy" and at the same time, a generation of "mutual recognition.
Here... For you

Well I vote inconclusive, hard to know how the battle would go, Luffy is still susceptible (albeit to lesser extent) to cutting attacks, though he can defend himself with Haki.

His Bajrang Gun should be able to take out Roger without doubt, but only if it hits him which would a tall order.

Irrelevant, Luffy can force himself to reactivate it via willpower.

Well I vote inconclusive, hard to know how the battle would go, Luffy is still susceptible (albeit to lesser extent) to cutting attacks, though he can defend himself with Haki.

His Bajrang Gun should be able to take out Roger without doubt, but only if it hits him which would a tall order.
Counted
He needs to alter his bloodflow to do that, but I agree.
Are you also voting inconclusive?

Roger:
-Casually surprised, outsped, then ragdolled Oden in one hit, fought Primebeard while sick(albeit this probably didn't affect him much)
-Cutting attacks in One Piece tend to do a lot more damage.
-Gun alongside his sword

Luffy:
-Outmatched Kaidou with G5
-Better Kenbun, but isn't in the right state of mind to use it to the maximum most of the time
-Can alter the path of attacks to boost damage
-Accelerated Development and Reactive Power Level
-Can control his body to a degree
-Range
-Stamina recovery with Drums of Liberation
-Flight with Boundman and G5
-Duraneg by altering the bodies of others
-Boosts power by laughing a lot
-Regen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back