• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Fleet Admiral fights the Pirate King

it wasn't that it "only helped a little" Sanji mentions it as if played a similar role to his exoskeleton.
He says it helps, doesn't say how much.
Context matters as much as feats do.

Shanks, a human that can be caught lacking by Seakings can casually resist Akainu's Magma with Haki and a Sword.
You really gonna do me like that? At that point, everyone who scales above East Blue Luffy, who oneshotted Lordof D. Coast, would have Heat Resistance.
Roger, also a human, whose Haki was gassed up by Kaido and shown to be equal to Goatbeard, and a better sword(from what we know) is probably going to be fine too.

Shanks isn't Sanji he'd have no reason to have the resistance besides his Haki.
Koby has heat resistance, Kid has regen, people just have powers sometimes.
That is literally how flesh works

He says it helps, doesn't say how much.
doesn't mean we gotta assume it only helped a little Slend.
You really gonna do me like that? At that point, everyone who scales above East Blue Luffy, who oneshotted Lordof D. Coast, would have Heat Resistance.
Haki
Koby has heat resistance, Kid has regen, people just have powers sometimes.
practically everyone in one piece regens like slow wolverines. Ussop got his skull fractured and bounced back in two days.
That is literally how flesh works
I meant no to the CRT lol

doesn't mean we gotta assume it only helped a little Slend.
We can't prove it helped a lot. And Sanji has heat resistance without it.
So, any armament user who upscales from a sea king would be immune to Akainu's heat, making him essentially useless?
practically everyone in one piece regens like slow wolverines. Ussop got his skull fractured and bounced back in two days.
Yeah. People tend to have weird powers. Roger has shown no regen and no heat resistance.
I meant no to the CRT lol
Why not? Thought you believed smh.

We can't prove it helped a lot. And Sanji has heat resistance without it.
I mean we also have stuff like Oden shrugging off a Boro Breath while fighting Kaido then getting obliterated by a pot of oil.
So, any armament user who upscales from a sea king would be immune to Akainu's heat, making him essentially useless?
I mean do they have Shanks lvl haki?
Yeah. People tend to have weird powers. Roger has shown no regen and no heat resistance.
he has it on some level with Buso that's already an accepted thing.
Why not? Thought you believed smh.
I do believe, I'm just lazy rn

let's just stop the cap and agree Roger is sending Akainu to meet his son.

I mean we also have stuff like Oden shrugging off a Boro Breath while fighting Kaido then getting obliterated by a pot of oil.
He died because Kaidou shot him.
I mean do they have Shanks lvl haki?

he has it on some level with Buso that's already an accepted thing.
I mean, why bring up the Sea Kings then?
I do believe, I'm just lazy rn

let's just stop the cope and agree Roger is sending Akainu to meet his son.
If it's proven that he can survive Akainu's passive heat, sure.

Kaidou already stated his body has already died to begin with.
Oh, shoot, really?
Besides that, a normal flintlock pistol killing a high 6-A without haki is pretty standard PIS
I mean, that's kinda how guns work in One Piece. Look at Van Augur. I mean, Ben Beckman was threatening Kizaru with a gunshot, and there's no way he has a 9-C to H6A type of Haki amp. Roger carries a gun, he's the strongest guy around(Except Xebec or one of the other mysteries, possibly. Also, maybe Shanks or Mihawk has surpassed him, but I doubt that). Izou used guns as well, and shot the sword out of King's hand with no haki.
Always has been.
Alright, if that gets accepted, I will believe it.

He died because Kaidou shot him.
Kaido said his body was already dead.
I mean, why bring up the Sea Kings then?
my point is that Shanks has no superhuman characteristics or devil fruits that would make him any different from Roger like Sanji and Kaido do.
If it's proven that he can survive Akainu's passive heat, sure.
So do you actually believe that Roger w/Haki has weaker heat resistances than a haki-less pre-time skip Koby?

Last edited:
Kaido said his body was already dead.

my point is that Shanks has no superhuman characteristics that would make him any different from Roger like Sanji and Kaido do.
And Zoro doesn't have anything that would give him regen, and Usopp doesn't have anything that would let him resist the environment of Punk Hazard. Robin doesn't have a way to resist comas. This is how things go.
So do you actually believe that Roger w/ Buso has weaker heat resistances than a haki-less pre-time skip Koby?
I believe he's better, he doesn't have the feats for it though.

I believe he's better, he doesn't have the feats for it though.
he doesn't need the feats ya goofball.

he has Adv Buso on his profile so he has resistance, a level of devil fruit negation, and literal forcefields that block attacks.

Do you think Kaido would say Roger is one of few people that could challenge him if he could just incinerate Roger with a Boro Breath?

Last edited:
he doesn't need the feats goofball

he has Adv Buso on his profile so he has resistance, a level of devil fruit negation, and literal forcefields that block attacks.
Ok, so the forcefields make sense. However, Haki doesn't literally just negate every attack from a devil fruit. Rayleigh's Haki didn't negate Kizaru's light sword, for instance, so why would Haki negate the heat released from Akainu's Magma? Or the heat from a punch?
Do you think Kaido would say Roger is one of few people that could challenge him if he could just incinerate Roger with a Boro Breath?
I mean, yeah? A Boro Breath is one of the attacks you can counter.

One shot? A big sick old man managed to take 2 named attacks from this cigar addicted bastard who was no longer in his prime while Gold Roger is equal to him in his prime in endurance. You tell me.
if both fall its a draw isnt it? roger can endure it a bit but will die eventually
though roger is >~ emperors who all kinda trash admirals soo idk

Akainu-tier resistance? If that's true, I need a scan.
it didnt effect whitebeards long ass idk what is it called
didnt effect gryphoejv either why would it effect ace which is just as good as those 2

and holy shit i hate long words

Back