• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) Post-Udon Luffy vs King

Maybe Luffy could hit him with Flame Off via Precognition but that's only assuming Luffy and figure out the Flame thing and even then he can't one-shot King. Luffy's out of his league in this match.

Maybe Luffy could hit him with Flame Off via Precognition but that's only assuming Luffy and figure out the Flame thing and even then he can't one-shot King. Luffy's out of his league in this match.
Flame Off King was FTE to Post Mink Medicine Zoro, who was either as fast or faster than Post Udon Luffy.

Luffy just can't keep up.

Even if he can keep up in G4, I'm pretty sure King can outlast him.

Maybe Luffy could hit him with Flame Off via Precognition
Which was insufficient even to finish a Doflamingo in less than 20 minutes that was still wounded earlier by Law? I won't even mention Katakuri here where Luffy only "won" because Katakuri gave up the fight.

And as I mentioned before, King has feats of surprising Sanji and Zoro with both being Precognition users.

King can keep his distance freely in the air and spam Danmaku by realizing the nature of Luffy's Advanced Haki. The maximum amount of time Luffy can maintain G4 is 20 minutes, and even Doflamingo who is far less mobile than King could hold him off and avoid several of his attacks.

t4ce6GF.png
G6NZRh7.jpg

Also, something that is being overlooked is that G4 Luffy's strikes are primarily focused on the power of his blows, so Luffy in-character would not use dura neg as his first attack but rather use the advantages that G4 itself brings him.

Cf65jON71bFeFV_2qLxcXyVCrSDta8OG_0Pvw8xboJg.jpg

King also has good intelligence and speed feats, hitting Sanji and Zoro and abusing his unpredictability to surprise them, and both also being dura neg and Kenbunshoku Haki users.

CCKn2OX.jpeg
S4Omim2.jpeg
XyQlSTE.jpeg

If it's not already clear, I vote for King.
Stop saying King can fly like Luffy hasn't flown with gear fourth and hovered with Gomu Gomu no U.F.O.
Luffy also canonically chases a flying opponent with his fist and tries to " home in " on them, as seen in his fight with Doflamingo. And again, when he got to the roof top he was able to start adapting to Kaidou's Thunder Bagua, and barely dodge and block it, and eventually was capable of fully dodging and blocking his attacks. And Kaidou is faster than King. Also, while Zoro couldn't properly block King's beak attack, he still dodged it, why can't Luffy, who has better observation haki and reactions, do the same? Besides, Cracker tried to do a similar attack where he dove at him with full force and still couldn't stab him, getting sent flying back into a whole different part of town. Depending on how King's attack works and how powerful it is, it might still be completely reflected like Cracker.
Also he might not immediately start with advanced armament, but he'll definitely use it if he feels that King can tank any of his attacks that don't have it applied, and once he does I doubt King will be able to do much. King's explosion technique also doesn't work because obviously his reactions and future sight are too good for that to happen to him.
Honestly I highly doubt King is winning this, still voting Luffy for my own reasons ( I'd say FRA but nobody has bothered to defend Luffy besides me lol )

Which was insufficient even to finish a Doflamingo in less than 20 minutes that was still wounded earlier by Law? I won't even mention Katakuri here where Luffy only "won" because Katakuri gave up the fight.

And as I mentioned before, King has feats of surprising Sanji and Zoro with both being Precognition users.
Katakuri and Luffy were equals. If they wanted to continue they could have, but there was no point, LOL. If Luffy had the intent to kill Katakuri ( he never kills in character but yknow ) he would have said that, and continued the fight to try and kill him off.

Regarding the speed difference between the two, based on their individual scaling chains this is what it would look like:

King:
Imperial Deep Pride Stake > FTE > Zoro's Reaction Speed ~ King's Reaction Speed & Flame Off Zoan King > Flame Off Base King > FTE > 1035 Zoro's Combat Speed ~ Zoan King > Base King ~ Post-rooftop Zoro ~ Big Mom ~ Marco
Luffy:
Base Kaidou's Thunder Bagua ≥ Base Luffy's Reaction Speed > FTE > Zoan Kaidou's combat speed ~ Gear 4th Luffy's Combat Speed > Gear 2nd Luffy's Speed > Base Luffy's Combat speed ~ Base Kaidou's combat speed ~ Big Mom ~ Hybrid Marco

Kaidou is faster than King
With Thunder Bagua yes.
Cracker tried to do a similar attack where he dove at him with full force and still couldn't stab him, getting sent flying back into a whole different part of town. Depending on how King's attack works and how powerful it is, it might still be completely reflected like Cracker.
Cracker is weaker than King. Even if he wasn't Luffy defected Crackers attacks in Tank-Man which is a situational form. Luffy is gonna put up a good fight sure, but he's gonna lose.

With Thunder Bagua yes.

Cracker is weaker than King. Even if he wasn't Luffy defected Crackers attacks in Tank-Man which is a situational form. Luffy is gonna put up a good fight sure, but he's gonna lose.
It's not situational. The STUFFED version was situational. He even says " Tank Man: Stuffed Version! " which implies there's a normal version that is still worth using for tanking attacks as he wouldn't have made that gear if it wasn't useful.
And also, yes, with Thunder Bagua he's faster than King, which is my point as Luffy was able to start dodging and blocking that attack during Roof Piece.

But there is no evidence to imply that his normal Tankman form would be durable enough to block the attack. And Luffy only barely blocked the Thunder Bagua which is one single attack. King could easily use Danmaku and Luffy couldn't dodge them.

But there is no evidence to imply that his normal Tankman form would be durable enough to block the attack. And Luffy only barely blocked the Thunder Bagua which is one single attack. King could easily use Danmaku and Luffy couldn't dodge them.
He's dodged danmaku before lol.

This has to be the worst argument in this thread

So because Luffy couldn't dodge the fastest attack in the arc, even slower danmaku is an issue?

This has to be the worst argument in this thread

So because Luffy couldn't dodge the fastest attack in the arc, even slower danmaku is an issue?
King's Attack Speed should be on par with Luffy's combat speed, lets say your speed is a little greater than a bullet, I shoot at you with a machine gun, you are not going to dodge all of my bullets.

King's Attack Speed should be on par with Luffy's combat speed, lets say your speed is a little greater than a bullet, I shoot at you with a machine gun, you are not going to dodge all of my bullets.
Luffy's reaction speed is astronomically superior to his own combat speed, stacked with superior kenbunshoku Haki, Luffy's dodging

And yes, if you have a machine gun and i'm skilled and fast enough, i can dodge them all

Zoro could react to Kaido's attacks, yet got overwhelmed at times by Hybrid King and was blitzed by Flame off King and Imperial Deep Pride Stake
Luffy has better senses than Zoro and Luffy's base speed is equal to Zoro. Luffy got 4 speed amps and better senses, they are not the same

I dont think Luffy can bypass King's flame on durability, Shi Shi Son Son which have same mechanism as Ryou do nothing to him, but Luffy Analysing Skill better than Zoro he will know the secret of King's durability, I'll Vote Luffy in this case.

Shishi sonson doesn't have the same mechanism as Ryuo, Zoro's Goken allows him super focused cuts that let him cut despite not being able to do so with his AP. Luffy's Ryuo is durability negation targeted at King's internal organs.

Shishi sonson doesn't have the same mechanism as Ryuo, Zoro's Goken allows him super focused cuts that let him cut despite not being able to do so with his AP. Luffy's Ryuo is durability negation targeted at King's internal organs.
It does tho, Hyogoro talking about the Steel cuting like what Zoro did on Mr.1 but when he try to show it without the sword he shows the emission attack.
0939-014.png
0939-015.png

Back