• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(GRACE) Post-Udon Luffy vs King

So in this scenario, when Luffy sees Zoan King demolish Raid Suit Sanji, his worry gets the better of him so he attacks King in the Onigashima Live Hall.

They are in-character and Luffy starts 40m away from King.

Luffy:

King:

Incon:

I'm going with King.

With flames on Zoan King is more durable than Zoan Kaido who tanked a shit ton of attacks from G4 Luffy with only some blood from the mouth and being knocked down once, so King should definitely be able to tank Luffy's G4 attacks.

Also, King has intelligence, speed once the flames come off, ranged attacks, and demolishes Luffy once Luffy loses G4.

Luffy would quickly learn about his flames off weakness and neg him
I don't see how king defense is a factor considering Ryou and superior luffy haki overall

Ok allow me to reword that: It did some minor damage and drew a bit of blood from him when G4 used it and when G3 used it he bruised base Kaido.
It hurt him to the point where he thought he was at the level of Whitebeard
Keep in mind Flame on Zoan King is tougher than Dragon Kaido though
Zoan King has a harder exterior than Dragon Kaidou. Not a better interior or better stamina

It hurt him to the point where he thought he was at the level of Whitebeard
Still only left a small bruise, and even so King has the durability to tank that level of power

Even WITHOUT flames, he took multiple Haoshoku Infused blows from Zoro and kept going.
Zoan King has a harder exterior than Dragon Kaidou. Not a better interior or better stamina
King's stamina is comparable to Zoro's.

Besides, we shouldn't turn Ryou into a NLF. There's a reason the scabbards couldn't one shot Kaido or even Jack (and Jack's WAY below King).

Also, King is faster than Post Udon Luffy in Zoan or with flames off IIRC, and his flames can keep Luffy at a distance.

And his Pride Stake can both badly hurt and blitz Luffy while his explosions might kill Luffy if he's not careful or fast enough since they nearly killed Zoro.

It took Zoro a while to realize it, plus would Luffy survive long enough?

The dura neg didn't work on Kaido.
Yes luffy would survive long enough, he is stronger, more skilled and is used to dealing with foes faster than him
He would mid-high diff king

Still only left a small bruise, and even so King has the durability to tank that level of power

Even WITHOUT flames, he took multiple Haoshoku Infused blows from Zoro and kept going.

King's stamina is comparable to Zoro's.

Besides, we shouldn't turn Ryou into a NLF. There's a reason the scabbards couldn't one shot Kaido or even Jack (and Jack's WAY below King).

Also, King is faster than Post Udon Luffy in Zoan or with flames off IIRC, and his flames can keep Luffy at a distance.

And his Pride Stake can both badly hurt and blitz Luffy while his explosions might kill Luffy if he's not careful or fast enough since they nearly killed Zoro.
Kaidou has regen

Literally Luffy's only advantage asides from decent Ryou is AP in Gear 4.

Without G4 he has nothing to put King down assuming he can even touch King.

And G4 has a time limit.

Who do you think wins?
If King fights in full zoan keeping his distance by flying and using flame bullets and imperial deep pride stake he has a good chance of winning.

If Luffy uses Gear 4th and King outlasts his time limit, potentially in a similar way Doflamingo attempted (only King wouldn't be at the major speed advantage Doffy had) then I could see him winning. Luffy without access to Buso would be at a pretty extreme disadvantage.

If King fights in full zoan keeping his distance by flying and using flame bullets and imperial deep pride stake he has a good chance of winning.

If Luffy uses Gear 4th and King outlasts his time limit, potentially in a similar way Doflamingo attempted (only King wouldn't be at the major speed advantage Doffy had) then I could see him winning. Luffy without access to Buso would be at a pretty extreme disadvantage.
So is this a vote for King?

So does King.
When does King use regen?

He took 2
Yes, and the first one didn't do too much damage besides some blood and cutting off his mask.

Even though the 2nd one did slash a lot of his body, he was still standing fine and was suffering more from exhaustion from the fight than damage from Haoshoku.

And Zoro even with Haoshoku didn't think he could damage Flame-On King.
Kaidou has the highest stamina in the verse
Doesn't mean King doesn't have high enough stamina to tank hits from G4 Luffy, assuming Luffy even touches him.

Doesn't G4 Luffy last for about 5 minutes or something close to that? King has more than enough Stamina to handle until Luffy runs out.

King can still move freely through the air to make it even more difficult for Luffy to hit him and cause significant damage.

jJnIIso.jpeg

Well, G4 Luffy in the manga lasted a few pages at most?
He fought Doflamingo for 20 minutes. This is an injured and tired Luffy with much less Haki than current
Not with the same proficiency as King. In the scan I sent, Luffy finds himself impressed with this ability of King.
Luffy is not impressed with the ability of king, he's noting that he can't get to the sky because of the plethora of Beast Pirates who can fly

He fought Doflamingo for 20 minutes.
Scan? And that's not very long btw.
Luffy is not impressed with the ability of king, he's noting that he can't get to the sky because of the plethora of Beast Pirates who can fly
Why would mentioning this help Luffy's situation? If he couldn't reach the sky for the Beast Pirates, imagine against King who is superior in everything to the rest?

Do we assume that Post-Udon Luffy and Post-Enma Zoro are comparable? King was completely ineffated by Zoro's Conqueror Haki, in addition to Enma.

UUplFGu.jpeg
G3RIdIc.jpeg

King also has a good skill advantage. G4 Luffy is very much about power punches, King can counter this as he has countered even 360° attacks from Zoro and his projectiles.

xlv68pY.jpeg

Scan? And that's not very long btw.
785, in the middle of their fight
0785-009.png

Most of the fights on the roof were for that long
Why would mentioning this help Luffy's situation? If he couldn't reach the sky for the Beast Pirates, imagine against King who is superior in everything to the rest?
Cause he was in base, being told to save his energy for Kaidou, and King was there blocking the sky as well while he's in the mouth of Queen
Do we assume that Post-Udon Luffy and Post-Enma Zoro are comparable? King was completely ineffated by Zoro's Conqueror Haki, in addition to Enma.

UUplFGu.jpeg
G3RIdIc.jpeg
Luffy w/ Hao fought Hybrid Kaidou. He's not comparable, he's superior to this Zoro.

King also has a good skill advantage. G4 Luffy is very much about power punches, King can counter this as he has countered even 360° attacks from Zoro and his projectiles.

xlv68pY.jpeg
Luffy is more skilled than Zoro. This is nothing. Zoro is about power swings with this logic, and that wasn't a 360º attack, it was a straight line.

Good evening my fellow gentlemen and my fair ladies, I have come to express my opinion about this discussion.
I think that Luffy can easily beat King, as King may have incredible durability, above that of Kaidou and the rather rotund dame that is claimed to be equal to him in terms of durability and strength, but it is clear that he does not have organs as durable as his outer body. Thus I imagine that Luffy will use Advanced Armament haki and try to explode his innards, and I doubt King has a counter to this. I would also like to mention that Luffy's enhanced Future Sight ability, and his movement reading abilities, would help him easily dodge or block any attack from King, even if he has his flame off, as he was able to easily start dodging and blocking multiple attacks from Kaidou, who is arguably as fast as King, if not faster. Though a good amount of the participants in this discussion attempted to explain their thoughts on why King beats Luffy, I simply seriously doubt he actually can, until he can prove his insides are as tough as his outsides, which is nigh impossible after we've seen the navy admiral Aramaki stab his organs easily without advanced haki. In conclusion, I am voting Luffy, for my very own reasoning. Farewell, participants of the thread.

Good evening my fellow gentlemen and my fair ladies, I have come to express my opinion about this discussion.
I think that Luffy can easily beat King, as King may have incredible durability, above that of Kaidou and the rather rotund dame that is claimed to be equal to him in terms of durability and strength, but it is clear that he does not have organs as durable as his outer body. Thus I imagine that Luffy will use Advanced Armament haki and try to explode his innards, and I doubt King has a counter to this. I would also like to mention that Luffy's enhanced Future Sight ability, and his movement reading abilities, would help him easily dodge or block any attack from King, even if he has his flame off, as he was able to easily start dodging and blocking multiple attacks from Kaidou, who is arguably as fast as King, if not faster. Though a good amount of the participants in this discussion attempted to explain their thoughts on why King beats Luffy, I simply seriously doubt he actually can, until he can prove his insides are as tough as his outsides, which is nigh impossible after we've seen the navy admiral Aramaki stab his organs easily without advanced haki. In conclusion, I am voting Luffy, for my very own reasoning. Farewell, participants of the thread.
King can keep his distance freely in the air and spam Danmaku by realizing the nature of Luffy's Advanced Haki. The maximum amount of time Luffy can maintain G4 is 20 minutes, and even Doflamingo who is far less mobile than King could hold him off and avoid several of his attacks.

t4ce6GF.png
G6NZRh7.jpg

Also, something that is being overlooked is that G4 Luffy's strikes are primarily focused on the power of his blows, so Luffy in-character would not use dura neg as his first attack but rather use the advantages that G4 itself brings him.

Cf65jON71bFeFV_2qLxcXyVCrSDta8OG_0Pvw8xboJg.jpg

King also has good intelligence and speed feats, hitting Sanji and Zoro and abusing his unpredictability to surprise them, and both also being dura neg and Kenbunshoku Haki users.

CCKn2OX.jpeg
S4Omim2.jpeg
XyQlSTE.jpeg

If it's not already clear, I vote for King.

I feel the gear 4th timelimit has been shorter in Wano than the 20 minutes in Dresrosa.

Maybe I'm wrong or maybe it is and the cause of that is the usage of Ryuo and/or Hao infusion in conjunction.

Back