• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can The Pirate King overcome A Superman? | Superman vs Luffy | 0-7-0 (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what's on the page. Luffy's Buso forces Haki into your internal organs and body and makes them implode ininternally.
I'll check out the manga chapter later.

Eh, Luffy's resistance scales to Punk Hazard which has similar feats.

Aokiji's remnant cold and ice on the island was able to freeze the magma half and freeze the rivers on the island (Chapter 659
Aokiji is pretty bad to use, because Luffy was going to die from a light ice exposure. The former also doesn't show similar feats to Superman.
Couldn't he turn the air into rubber and it would just freeze itself?
He has never shown to be able to turn cold into a tangible force.

Aokiji is pretty bad to use, because Luffy was going to die from a light ice exposure. The former also doesn't show similar feats to Superman.
A significantly weaker Luffy with no Haki to protect him from the cold. That's not an anti feat for current Luffy.

Aokiji freezes entire oceans and freezes magma for days on end. Aokiji has better feats than what you've shown for Freeze Breath.
He has never shown to be able to turn cold into a tangible force.
It's still like a breath attack no? There's some projectile that can be directly turned into rubber, blocked with air rubber, or reflected with Buso Emission.

Precognition makes dodging it or enacting these counters easy for Luffy.

He doesn't just instantly freeze things.
I mean, it does. I don't really remember his frost breath ever really struggling to make some colder.

significantly weaker Luffy with no Haki to protect him from the cold. That's not an anti feat for current Luffy.
Garp was also frozen by Aokiji and Luffy has no other comparable showings of cold endurance.
It's still like a breath attack no? There's some projectile that can be directly turned into rubber, blocked with air rubber, or reflected with Buso Emission.
It's a wave of cold air. As soon as it makes contact it'll freeze what it touches.
Aokiji has the ability to freeze people to the bone.
I wasn't under selling his Ice, I was showing that Luffy'a cold resistance doesn't have anything to back that he can resist Superman's breath at the moment.

I mean, it does. I don't really remember his frost breath ever really struggling to make some colder.
Doesn't matter. Luffy only needs to touch it briefly and then its harmless.
Garp was also frozen by Aokiji and Luffy has no other comparable showings of cold endurance.
Garp after:
  • A prolonged fight against Aokiji and multiple titanic captains
  • Being stabbed in the chest
  • Getting decked in the face by Aokiji's ice glove while bleeding out
Garp before that:
dfvn2dc-2ca4c909-a579-4395-b7bb-74d1cb1cb530.png

Resists Aokiji's ice with no difficulty.

celestial dragon he punched and that spring guy. He’ll beat you up, but he’s not destroying organs to kill a guy.
At that point in the story Luffy didn't have advanced buso. Regardless, his first move against Kaido was an advanced buso blow to the head so in this key more times than not he'll start with it.
He has resistance to -50C. Superman's breath can freeze river chunks and magma
Aokiji's ice supposedly can reach absolute zero, which had no effect on Garp due to using buso. If Luffy wasn't able to resist his frost breath he instead could use advanced buso to create a barrier to avoid direct contact, and this is in character for luffy to do as that's exactly what he did to avoid making direct contact with Kaidou's Kaen Daiko.

It's a wave of cold air. As soon as it makes contact it'll freeze what it touches.
Yeah idk why Buso can't reflect that. Luffy's rubber is accepted to touch intangible elements and haki can too.
@That_moron2 Already Ninja'd me on this.

Luffy also blatantly resists the extreme remnant cold on punk hazard which is capable of counteracting Magma that vaporizes metal by being near it.

At that point in the story Luffy didn't have advanced buso. Regardless, his first move against Kaido was an advanced buso blow to the head so in this key more times than not he'll start with it.

Aokiji's ice supposedly can reach absolute zero, which had no effect on Garp due to using buso. If Luffy wasn't able to resist his frost breath he instead could use advanced buso to create a barrier to avoid direct contact, and this is in character for luffy to do as that's exactly what he did to avoid making direct contact with Kaidou's Kaen Daiko.
Yeah, obviously, my point was that he didn’t kill either of those people despite easily being able to and having all the reasons to do so with the celestial. Luffy doesn’t purposefully kill.

Kaido is evil and defeating him is Luffy’s entire goal. Meanwhile Superman is literally a random stranger that Luffy would recognize as a good person. Blowing up his insides would be absolute insanity and make no sense from his character.

Doesn't matter. Luffy only needs to touch it briefly and then its harmless
You have an example of him doing that with a cold attack? Or at least some of equivalent temperature change.

I can see the second point working.

Luffy also blatantly resists the extreme remnant cold on punk hazard which is capable of counteracting Magma
You have an example of this in action?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back